What's new

General/Other - Jax Jax General Discussion

its technically the only thing he really has. taking away mid screen combos. i mean idk any besides jump in s4 ex overhead dash into dash punch. not much to do midscreen with him besides zone
You can get 30% combos with Jax mid screen. Jax mid screen combos are hard to pull off in game and it's unsafe if you want to start with the over head dash punch. I just hope NRS don't do something silly and nerf Jax.

Blkmjk

Noob
f21 energy wave is great because it is +8. i was thinking of his possible great combo strings.

u can do some pressure such as like 11 into f21 energy wave. then if in the corner u can do 2 3 (high low) into overhead dash combo, b34 (low) into overhead dash combo, or 3f4 (high overhead) into overhead dash combo. mixups are endless in corner after energy wave on block or hit.
The only thing about this is that if you use f21 energy wave too much, you can get bopped because they can duck the fireball if they stop blocking at the right time and full combo you with whatever they want, so you'll have to train them to block the energy wave
f21 energy wave is great because it is +8. i was thinking of his possible great combo strings.

u can do some pressure such as like 11 into f21 energy wave. then if in the corner u can do 2 3 (high low) into overhead dash combo, b34 (low) into overhead dash combo, or 3f4 (high overhead) into overhead dash combo. mixups are endless in corner after energy wave on block or hit.

What strings are you guys trying for pressure? I've trying to mix it between b34/2 and f2,1 string
so ima try all this but i been trying back light punch then heavy kick but if i trick light kick havy punch dont link so why do you have a / with 2 if it don really work or this in anoter varation

NurzBenny

Old Member
sounds so braindead in pressure (not complaining). It being duckable is a fair trade off though. And oi vey at kano's knives.

i can't wait for a tutorial i can't use this guy like nothing i do works. or maybe thats just how he is. but i did get slightly better just browsing here i can't even done one of these combos im seeing in the videos.

The only thing about this is that if you use f21 energy wave too much, you can get bopped because they can duck the fireball if they stop blocking at the right time and full combo you with whatever they want, so you'll have to train them to block the energy wave
Theoretically, couldn't you use f212 if they think you're gonna go into f21 energy wave? F212 leaves you safe, but -4 according to in game frame data. and if they hit a button, you can finish the string with the d2+4.

SixShooter

Is my favourite a Kameo?
I just noticed yesterday that his gotcha grab is -8 on block in pumped up.. Can someone check how much is it in wrestler/heavy weapons variation? Thought it was like -2 or smth.

I just noticed yesterday that his gotcha grab is -8 on block in pumped up.. Can someone check how much is it in wrestler/heavy weapons variation? Thought it was like -2 or smth.
According to in-game frame data, Gotcha Grab is 8 frame startup and -3 in both Wrestler and Heavy Weapons. It is 10 frame startup and -8 in pumped up. The startup frames make a difference here as you can't combo into gotcha from b34 in Pumped Up, but you can in Wrestler/Heavy Weapons.

Also, I'm new to the MK franchise, but I've played fighting games competitively (SF,GG,BB,UNIEL) for a couple years now. I'm still trying to figure out MK and Jax specifically, so feel free to let me know if my numbers/ideas are off. Thanks.

SixShooter

Is my favourite a Kameo?
According to in-game frame data, Gotcha Grab is 8 frame startup and -3 in both Wrestler and Heavy Weapons. It is 10 frame startup and -8 in pumped up. The startup frames make a difference here as you can't combo into gotcha from b34 in Pumped Up, but you can in Wrestler/Heavy Weapons.
Yeah, makes sense now.. Gone are the days that it was 0 on block. Think I'm gonna try wrestler a bit more; still used to canceling d4,d1 and kombo strings into gotcha grab :p

Blkmjk

Noob
Theoretically, couldn't you use f212 if they think you're gonna go into f21 energy wave? F212 leaves you safe, but -4 according to in game frame data. and if they hit a button, you can finish the string with the d2+4.
Exactly. If not f212, I like to use gotcha to check them once they know energy wave isn't a true block string since they can't crouch the gotcha grab. Although if they do get hit by f212 the ender does make for a longer wall carry, so that might be better

Jax Findings so far summary...

Best Moves...

F2,1
d3
d4
d1 or d1,2
123 or 124 string
Ex Command Throw / EX Gotcha
b2
b3,4
uppercut anti air is good (5 or 6 frames?)
Dash Punch

As far as combos, there are good news and bad news.

Bad news is that the f2,1 EX Overhead into Run Cancel f2,1 is EXTREMELY unrealiable. I have top notch execution, and this combo is extremely inconsistant, it also varies by character so I would never do it in a tournament.

However, the good news is that if you DO get the combo, it does hella damage if you end up in the corner...It's literally a mid screen carry and you don't even have to touch the corner...you can be a little far out.

Example...

f2,1 EX Punch, dash f2,1, 11, f2,1,2 (CORNER), 1,2,4 Gotcha ...the damage!!!

If you dont reach the corner, just end with f2,1,2, 2+4 for corner carry...

Another good news...

The is a scrubby version of the combo!

f21, ex dash punsh, run cancel f3 into dash punch (will try command throw when I get home)....this is the combo I will be doing online. You also get good wakeup...

Now for some tech stuff...

Stuff that you can do for pressure.

1,2,4 into gotcha grab is safe on block and cant be ducked.
If they block, 124 into command throw.
if it hits...124 into dash punch overhead (better wakeup)

f2,1 on block, into EX armor command grab if they block
f2,1, on block canceled into gotcha
f2,1,2 (end the string with the 2+4 follow up)
f2,1 cancelled into gotcha also works if they let go of block

if they block the whole f2,1,2 string
you can do
EX Gotcha (armor + grabs them if they jump)
Ex Command throw (Armor+ grabs them if they block)

More safe stuff would be.

Block after f2,1
d1 (this will hit them in the air if they try to jump)
d3
3,2 (10 framer)..if they do anything slow here you hit them with a big combo

if either d1 or d3 ever hits, you get free b2 or b3 mixup

Strings that can be cancelled into command throw so that it works as a tick throw...

d1
d1,2
d3
f3

Anything canceled into command throw can be cancelled into Gotcha Grab and it will grab them if they don't block. Im assuming they can armor through all of this or backdash, however the game is so fast you can't really react.

More stuff...

Strings that setup crossover JP on block

d3

LOL I still need to find more of these

Anti Air stuff

- Uppercut
- Jump kick into airthrow
- Straight jump up punch into f2,1 11, f2,1 blah blah

Anyways have to get back to work

i'll read all these over but i doubt they will help im more of a better if i see it kind of guy 20 plus hours into the lab adn is till have no bread no butter just salt

Chrishaspads

Name isn't Chris, Doesn't have pads
i'll read all these over but i doubt they will help im more of a better if i see it kind of guy 20 plus hours into the lab adn is till have no bread no butter just salt
just try a new character lol. ive seen you have been struggling and making no practice the past 2 days. maybe jax just isnt for you. try someone else :)

i have been practcing for 20 hours straight this guys video helped me with scorpion but i dont like scorpion just wish more videos would be made like this for each character probally will in due time but still