• They Couldn't Come up with 3 Variation's

Votes: 15 12.8%
  • No One Wanted her

Votes: 33 28.2%
  • They Wanted Room For Other Characters

Votes: 60 51.3%

• Total voters
And when has that ever stopped MK before? :p

Agreed. Video game companies seem to do that shit all the time, and it's really gross. :/
At least it isn't as bad as Venessa in Virtual Fighter.

Here's what she looked like in her first game, Virtual Fighter 4.

And here's what she looked like, no joke, in the very next game.

Yeah.

Well, there are many reason of why she sucked so much in mk9…. Slow start up projectiles, unable to connect her fastest normals to full combos, so many bad match ups…..On the other hand some of her tools were rockin: d3, sweep, shadow GLOW….a few people say that is heavily rewarding to win when using Jade, and i totally agree. BTW in UMK3 she was really tough.. Anyway. Should a character be treated accordingly to his play style in specific games? I don't know…

Sub-zero also sucked balls in mk9 , but his importance as a character in the whole mk universe is more than huge.( tired to see him bodied so much, even in the late trailer)

Jade of course is not as important as him story wise, but she has some serious connections with other characters( Kitana, Sindel, Tanya, Shao kahn, etc.)

Personally i would like to see her return because I mained her in every mk she appeared. However, if the story changes so much and exclude Kitana (Huge mistake if done) then Jade probably won't be there as well.

Jade was tight as fuck in mk9! It just sucked that all of her specials were punishable.

But she had 40% combos off of a lot of starters so she wasn't super low damage or anything.

I played Jade pretty hard for awhile after I felt I had maxed out on Raiden. She was super fun to play. Winning with her was so rewarding. Not to mention all of the "my girl is working hard/it's hard working the pole" lines I could throw out after I did something awesome.
I picked Raiden when maxed out Jade ;)

Espio

Kokomo
Her design to me was always intended to be a strong footsie, spacing based counterzoner.

So one of the things that needs to go is all those string gaps because there's no point in having neutral on block strings when they're all interruptible. I feel like Aquaman is what Jade should have been to be honest, minus the trait lol.

She has the range, flash/glow are awesome, good down 3, good sweep, decent uppercut. jade just needs strings and combo starters into big damage that aren't all punishable by everyone on block as you cannot do back 1, 3, or any of her combo starters into big damage without getting interrupted by people who know Jade.

All the low tier should be back by virtue of the fact that they were not done justice in mk9 and seriously story should not be determining roster at all. The story can progress regardless of who is playable.

Her design to me was always intended to be a strong footsie, spacing based counterzoner.

So one of the things that needs to go is all those string gaps because there's no point in having neutral on block strings when they're all interruptible. I feel like Aquaman is what Jade should have been to be honest, minus the trait lol.

She has the range, flash/glow are awesome, good down 3, good sweep, decent uppercut. jade just needs strings and combo starters into big damage that aren't all punishable by everyone on block as you cannot do back 1, 3, or any of her combo starters into big damage without getting interrupted by people who know Jade.

All the low tier should be back by virtue of the fact that they were not done justice in mk9 and seriously and story should not be determining roster at all. The story can progress regardless of who is playable.
100% Agree. Haven't played Injustice, so I'm not familiar to Aquaman's play style.

It is a matter of strings mostly, yeah. the safest option is 4, staff grab with nothing for reward. The only good thing is the whole Ex-rang traps, especially if they are used after her b2 reset. But as you said, if your opponent knows Jade well enough, none of these work.
Other low tiers should return as well, like Baraka who has a huge fan base, or Stryker.

Love Jade, super hot. One of my favorite characters to play in Mortal Kombat 9. I despised her back in the MK3 days though.

Pearl Monnkey

Mountain Climber
She needs to be back. She's the best female character besides Skarlet and Sindel. Make her immune to all projectiles like in MK2 without having to use the glow!

callMEcrazy

Alone is where to find me.
Make her skin tone darker. She was too light in MK9 compared to some older games. They also better not "lighten" Tanya up either.

Yes, I know, nit picky.
Jade was perfect in MK9, I mean she looked perfect.

The more I play Jade the more it seems that she was never meant to have a strong low game. But where they screwed her up was her projectiles. They were too poor.

Yeah, MK9 Jade design was the best. They really brought out the Middle Eastern motif this time in a less obnoxious fashion than belly dancer Jade from the PS2 era.

If this game does have weapon alt characters, will we finally see Billy Kane Jade?

well, 24 characters roster, 6 of them revealed, and Boon talks about tons of new characters. So…. Probably we ain't seeing her.
Yeup. Of the female ninja's she's pretty low on the list. Not really plot relevant enough if they're going to be fighting for space with new toys.

Sami

Noob
Won't she be like 60+ years old or do Edenians (sp?) age slower? If not, she might have to trade that staff for a walking stick...

Doombawkz

Trust me, I'm a doctor
She probably isn't coming back.

Game bosses already said pretty much the dead are staying dead, and Jade is most definitely dead.

Goldi

Noob
If Jade doesn't make it I'm maining Tanya </3

But I'll hold out hope for the old cast as DLC until Mr. Boon personally back hands me and says stop it. I apologize in advance for the fan girling TYM will be living through this year.