What's new

its been 17 months. lets solidify a top 5

Rude

You will serve me in The Netherrealm
On the subject of Batman....

I've been called a "downplayer" before because I have stated factually correct things about the character that are not disputable.
Such things as, "Almost all of Batman's useful strings have holes in them." Even the B1 srings, which are arguably his best, have holes in them. I've actually been poked out of the second hit of b11 point-blank vs. some characters with smaller hitboxes. His normals have very little range outside of b3, b2, and f2. While his pressure is quite good in theory, so long as you can condition yourself to either:

1) Poke where the gaps are
2) Fuzzy the strings that end in overheads
3) Block cross-up j2s.

Batman will have a very, very difficult time opening people up. I would say that he is definitely NOT top 5, but I do believe he is in the top ten conversation.
Kind of like Reptile back in MK9.

cR_whiteboi

Jobbers are mouthpieces for gods.
Stop downplaying your character hes a very solid top 5 character. He has what, maybe two losing MUs? Deals well with the top tier which is crucial in this game, and crushes a lot of the lower tier. Theres a doomsday in every top 8
He loses supes, aqua, bane, batman, flash and and possibly zod and frost. he 6-4s most of the low tiers yes. Doesn't crush em like sinestro. And no there's not multiple doomsdays in the top 8. I'M in the top 8 with noobe. And PL when he decides he's on his dd kick.

E

Eldriken

He loses supes, aqua, bane, batman, flash and and possibly zod and frost. he 6-4s most of the low tiers yes. Doesn't crush em like sinestro. And no there's not multiple doomsdays in the top 8. I'M in the top 8 with noobe. And PL when he decides he's on his dd kick.
In my opinion, he loses to Zod until he gets Zod to the corner and knocks him down. Then he beats Zod. The same thing with Frost.

I mean, the same thing could generally be said about any of his losing MUs (minus Flash, which I'll explain). All he has to do is get them to the corner and they're pretty much in his domain. This doesn't apply to Flash unfortunately because he has two options if you try to reverse his wake ups that beat your attempt. Lightning Charge will hit you out of your dash and Lightning Kick auto corrects, but you have time to block it if you think it's coming and that lets you punish. But it's all a guess as to what the Flash player is going to do.

Bane's a bit of a bitch even when he's in the corner after a hard knockdown 'cause Venom Upper is stupid, but it can still be beaten.

cR_whiteboi

In my opinion, he loses to Zod until he gets Zod to the corner and knocks him down. Then he beats Zod. The same thing with Frost.

I mean, the same thing could generally be said about any of his losing MUs (minus Flash, which I'll explain). All he has to do is get them to the corner and they're pretty much in his domain. This doesn't apply to Flash unfortunately because he has two options if you try to reverse his wake ups that beat your attempt. Lightning Charge will hit you out of your dash and Lightning Kick auto corrects, but you have time to block it if you think it's coming and that lets you punish. But it's all a guess as to what the Flash player is going to do.

Bane's a bit of a bitch even when he's in the corner after a hard knockdown 'cause Venom Upper is stupid, but it can still be beaten.
bane is possibly his worst matchup.

E

Eldriken

bane is possibly his worst matchup.
I'm tempted to agree with you. He puts an end to a lot of Doomsday's shit a lot more than I thought Frost did before. I just see Frost as a vortex character that has a parry, which stops me from doing my usual shit, as does any character with a parry. That's it.

Bane on the other hand? He can flat out stop me from doing everything I do. He doesn't even have to waste meter to do it, either. :/

Shaazzyam

undefeated online evo champion
I keep seeing that top 4 have no losing MUs?

AM loses to Lex and Martian.
I feel BG loses to Martian.
Guess who Zod loses to?

Martian has no bad mus, is the undeniable best in the game, and should be locked in at #1.

gots_manhunter

team GOTS: (get on the sticks)
Deathstroke has to be in the top due to the shere pressure a good stroke can put on you! Fastest zone game in injustice! Aqua man due to his trait. Batgirl because her vortex is EXTREMELY powerful, and one of the fastest low-high attacks I no of. Next to doomsday's ground slam. Superman come in a VERY CLOSE 6th because he has the overall best corner game. If he has you in the corner and you have no meter to push block. You better pray you have another bar at hand or a clash to at least get you back to center stage

gots_manhunter

team GOTS: (get on the sticks)
Am I the only one who would put black adam near the bottom? Yes he has one of the moat powerful forward A's and is strong but the mother fucker has the shortest stubby arms and gives him NO REACH! UNLESS you dive kick

@MylesWright_

I'll be back 3ing
Flash is just as unfair as Batgirl. The only reason to put Flash anywhere outside of the Top 5 is because the Flash players are bad and have misled you

1.Batgirl
2.MMH
3.Flash
4.Aquaman
5.Zod

Jim

Emperor of the Moon
Flash is just as unfair as Batgirl. The only reason to put Flash anywhere outside of the Top 5 is because the Flash players are bad and have misled you

1.Batgirl
2.MMH
3.Flash
4.Aquaman
5.Zod
What Flash players are you calling out there? It is Flash players making the case he is top 5. I'm the only Flash player not in here making that case and I've never claimed to be a top player.

GGA Max

So who does Bane lose to definitely/debatably?
Zatanna, Flash, Supes, Batman, Sinestro (I believe this one is bad from what I've seen), Batgirl, and I may be forgetting someone. He of course bodies multiple characters too.
I've also heard Nightwing beats him too.
In the current meta, I'm confident in saying these:

Zatanna
Flash
Batman
Sinestro
Hitbox Zod

In the very best case, (when/if the Bane meta can evolve), I think he'd only lose to Flash, Hitbox Zod, and maybe Zatanna.

However..
SonicFox says BG wins
Jupiter says MMH wins
People say Superman
People say NW
People say Shazam
People say Lex
People say Ares (?)

These are rumored but I'm not convinced yet. If some of these are right Bane would have way more than the other top 5 contenders.

So if there is a running tally, my vote is Bane has 5 bad MU's right now.

cR_whiteboi

In the current meta, I'm confident in saying these:

Zatanna
Flash
Batman
Sinestro
Hitbox Zod

In the very best case, (when/if the Bane meta can evolve), I think he'd only lose to Flash, Hitbox Zod, and maybe Zatanna.

However..
SonicFox says BG wins
Jupiter says MMH wins
People say Superman
People say NW
People say Shazam
People say Lex
People say Ares (?)

These are rumored but I'm not convinced yet. If some of these are right Bane would have way more than the other top 5 contenders.

I've heard some people say dd beats bane.. :DOGE

EMPEROR_THEO

I only use characters with wakeup scoops.
This thread caused a brilliant domino effect, you got...

Zyphox and Honeybee being outraged on one end

ForeverKing downplaying Batman on the other end

WoundCowboy downplaying Sinestro on the other end

Shujinkydink randomly thinking Doomsday is top 5 on one end

Saltface randomly prop fishing on another end

16Bit un-randomly propfishing after making the Flash community mad

M2Dave laying the Fool Hammer down on some donwplayers on another end

So much entertainment to choose from. The TYM version of an all-you-can-eat buffet.

P.s. I love you all.

Last edited:

IMakeItL00kC00L

Do not provoke a god
This thread caused a brilliant domino effect, you got...

Zyphox and Honeybee being outraged on one end

King downplaying Batman on the other end

Cowboy downplaying Sinestro on the other end

Dink randomly thinking Doomsday is top 5 on one end

Saltface randomly prop fishing on another end

Bit un-randomly propfishing after making the Flash community mad

So much entertainment to choose from.

P.s. I love you all.
We'll always be there for you theo ;)

Phosferrax

Original Liu Kang cop.

Do you think that he might be able to even that MU out in the future?