What's new

Is Injustice going to die when MK X gets out?

CCVengeance

The one guy hoping for Kai
A game lives as long as people are willing to play it and do side tournaments. But speaking strictly about being a main game at EVO, it's going to be tough.

Mathematically they would need to run 9-10 games for Injustice to have a chance imo. Too many new fighting games on the horizon:

USF4
Marvel
New Smash
MKX
GG Xrd Sign
Capcom's new game
SNK's new game
Namco's new game

That's 8 slots not even counting other games like Melee, KOF, BB, Persona, Tekken, DOA etc.
Yo yo yo when did they say a snk is doing something new?

Compbros

Man of Tomorrow
Probably, which is sad. I'd like for our community to be able to support as many titles as we possibly can but I don't hold out much hope.

I'll still play Injustice after MKX's release.

LSC GamerSnail

Slug of Darkness
Eh, you'd be surprised. The DC community is actually kind of divided on how OP superman is. I think most of them find it kind of annoying actually. A lot of them really enjoy seeing him get...humbled.

EDIT: besides, at the very least Captain Marvel, Black Adam, lobo, and Doomsday should go even with him.
I have to say I have always hated Superman quite a bit. On the opposite hand, I'm a huuuuge Batman/Gotham City fan...
I guess that makes sense :p Just find him boring and as a writer/scriptwriter I don't see the point of making a character that already has all the conflicts sorted out for him by going soft Deus Ex Machina and making it his chief character trait.
It's just poor character design and really sloppy if you ask me, but regardless, he exists, has a huge fanbase and that is something I have to acknowledge. The Man of Steel move was rad too so it's not like I'm not enjoying him.
But to put it like this: When the next movie comes up I hope Ben Affleck/Batman kicks his ass so hard....yes, BEN AFFLECK! :p

CURBOLICOUS

Cage ban wagon?
Eh, you'd be surprised. The DC community is actually kind of divided on how OP superman is. I think most of them find it kind of annoying actually. A lot of them really enjoy seeing him get...humbled.

EDIT: besides, at the very least Captain Marvel, Black Adam, lobo, and Doomsday should go even with him.
THE ONLY character that should go even maybe isDoomsday

ThaShiveGeek

Est In Harvey 1989
Injustice is my first game being played competitively. I'll always support it. Besides there are people who came over to IGAU that weren't into MK Lol. And people seem to be forget that IGAU 2 was greenlit last year. I'm going to love what happens in 2017 when the cycle repeats itself Lol. I can gaurauntee that the same exact thing will happen.

lm Tweakk

#BuffAntiAirs
Everyone is going to play mk10 on a next gen system , only ps4 has injustice , if you split the players that STILL SUPPORT injustice between 2 systems , the entry levels for tourneys is gonna be LOOOWWW!!

Yoaks

A spaceman
I'm a character loyalist. So if Lobo isn't in this game, I'm probably wouldn't be playing it as much as I'am. I'd still play it, go to GGA every now and than. I would play Doomsday and Black Adam more but I don't get the enjoyment I do with these characters as I do Lobo. Back when I was a wee lad I played SF Alpha 2 and played only Birdie and nobody else. The only other game he was in (I believe) was Alpha 3 and I haven't played a SF game since because there isn't that character that caught my interest. But with MK, I don't really have that character yet. I always liked Baraka, but than again I haven't really played a whole lot of MK at all to really have a character that I truly enjoy playing like Birdie or a Yoshimitsu from the Tekken series.

Ecodus

I ain't got time to bleed.
Well, here is my perspective. Am I going to play IGAU when MKX drops? No probably not. And not because I don't like injustice. In fact I really really enjoy the game, and I'm not looking forward to going back to a block button. The fact is I work full time, I have a dog, friends and like to get out and enjoy the outdoors. I think I'm decent at IGAU because I've put a lot of time into learning frame data, character specific punishes, bnbs, set ups and grinded a lot of matches. To keep all that up while learning the mechanics and MUs of a new game, on a different console... it's just not going to happen.

When I get my ps4 and MKX comes out, I'm going to turn the lights down low, light a candle and hop on ranked one last time. Me and Selina are going to have some fun beating up on some ranked baddies then I'm going to put my copy of the game away and start learning MKX. I will do my best to support the game, and any majors I go too I'll flip the extra 10$ to play it anyways (like I did with mk9 at UFGT, and tried to do at Toryuken) just to support it for others, but for a lot of people, to play competitively at any game it takes a big commitment. Me personally, I cannot do that for 2 games.

shaowebb

Get your guns on. Sheriff is back.
Not gonna lie...I dont have time for multiple titles. I work, develop and play. I'm a grown ass man with less time than I used to and more responsibilities than I used to have that require me to dedicate myself to spending time on them.

Likely when MKX comes out I'll be playing it and dropping Injustice simply because thats the way it has to be for me. As is...I may drop it too depending on how deeply I engross myself in development of my own assets and engine.

Its life...but know this. Even if I don't have enough time to really play or dedicate myself to the either MKX or IGAU I'll still support their scene and this site. I will still be a fan. Just a busy fan who has to simply be content to watch instead of get into locals or other deeper stuff like last game.

ChatterBox

Searching for an alt.
My local scene already dried up and I'm still grinding it at home and going to two majors (regionals? I don't care) in the next two months. I still enter mk9 at every tourney I attend and will definitely do the same with injustice once Xrd then MKX come out.

LSC GamerSnail

Slug of Darkness
I have to say, I'm a little surprised by the massive response to this thread. You obviously care enough to answer, at least :)

xWildx

What a day. What a lovely day.
Die, no, the game seems to have spawned a dedicated fanbase,but everyone who's playing it because it's currently the more active NRS title while they wait for MKX will most likely be switching over full time. That's a large number of players from what you can possibly infer from the posts on TYM.

Mst

Noob
Some ppl will still play it but not as much as now because it sounds like it that 90% of the ppl playing that game dont like it. To be honest im more interested what happens when the Injustice sequel gets released if ppl gonna drop MKX again for whatever reason or keep playing 2 games like the most Capcom guys with Marvel and Street Fighter.

Yo yo yo when did they say a snk is doing something new?
They were looking for Developer for a new 3D Title. And i think they also registerd a trademark for a possible game title but no sure on that one.

Last edited:

Compbros

Man of Tomorrow
I have to say I have always hated Superman quite a bit. On the opposite hand, I'm a huuuuge Batman/Gotham City fan...
I guess that makes sense :p Just find him boring and as a writer/scriptwriter I don't see the point of making a character that already has all the conflicts sorted out for him by going soft Deus Ex Machina and making it his chief character trait.
It's just poor character design and really sloppy if you ask me, but regardless, he exists, has a huge fanbase and that is something I have to acknowledge. The Man of Steel move was rad too so it's not like I'm not enjoying him.
But to put it like this: When the next movie comes up I hope Ben Affleck/Batman kicks his ass so hard....yes, BEN AFFLECK! :p

Here you go: http://www.nerdpique.com/?p=91

You can start reading my response after the first three images as that's all introductions. Also, sorry if I come off as a dick at points in my post, the site is pretty much just me bitching about nerd stuff while throwing in some jokes so the post may seem, as I said, dickish.

We can continue this discussion, if you want, on this site through PMs, a new thread, or my site in the comments section (don't need to sign-up).

Also injustice isn't appealing to super hardcore DC fans or maybe fans of characters Like superman. No DC or superman fan is trying to play a game where superman isn't bodying everyone. Shit makes no sense.

Also address these two posts in case anyone cares (they don't).

Edit:
Some ppl will still play it but not as much as now because it sounds like it that 90% of the ppl playing that game dont like it. To be honest im more interested what happens when the Injustice sequel gets released if ppl gonna drop MKX again for whatever reason or keep playing 2 games like the most Capcom guys with Marvel and Street Fighter.

They were looking for Developer for a new 3D Title.
Get ready, Maximum Impact 3 is coming: