What's new

Is Injustice going to die when MK X gets out?

Depends on the tournament outcome I think and what really are we talking about.
In the tournament scene I figure it will die as mk did but the game will still have locals. And the die hard injustice fans will keep it alive somewhat.
As far as playing the game online no I don't think it will die beaches it's a superhero game kids can play .
I think it will be harder to kill injustice then it was mk9 simply because of the superhero aspect of the game.

Compbros

Man of Tomorrow
My only gripe with this post is what you said about hardcore DC fans I'm one and I love the game, and superman did destroy everyone prepatch, NRS did a good job making superman adam batman aquaman etc as powerful as they should be same with MMH but he phased through the patch so he stayed OP when they fi tried to seriously balance the game.
As for who should go even with superman canonically? Adam, Batman, Martian, doomsday. And he should lose to flash :p
But then again canonically deathstroke 7-3's batman

Batman doesn't go even with Supes canonically, it's like a 9-1 in favor of Supes.

"Just using characters in the game, this is who can, inarguably, beat Supes or at least hang with him: Ares, Black Adam, Doomsday, Lex Luthor, Lobo, Martian Manhunter, Shazam, Wonder Woman, Zatanna, Zod."

Fred Marvel

It's actually Freddy Marvel
Batman doesn't go even with Supes canonically, it's like a 9-1 in favor of Supes.

"Just using characters in the game, this is who can, inarguably, beat Supes or at least hang with him: Ares, Black Adam, Doomsday, Lex Luthor, Lobo, Martian Manhunter, Shazam, Wonder Woman, Zatanna, Zod."
Zatanna doesn't stand a chance but she 9-1's batman and red son batman 10-0s superman :p
Lex can't hang and had he ever fought WW?

CURBOLICOUS

Cage ban wagon?
My only gripe with this post is what you said about hardcore DC fans I'm one and I love the game, and superman did destroy everyone prepatch, NRS did a good job making superman adam batman aquaman etc as powerful as they should be same with MMH but he phased through the patch so he stayed OP when they fi tried to seriously balance the game.
As for who should go even with superman canonically? Adam, Batman, Martian, doomsday. And he should lose to flash :p
But then again canonically deathstroke 7-3's batman
He should not go even with batman. My friend is a big DC fan and he thinks it's stupid that superman is in the game in the first place. He didn't even wanna play injustice cuz superman was killing everyone free.

Compbros

Man of Tomorrow
Zatanna doesn't stand a chance but she 9-1's batman and red son batman 10-0s superman :p
Lex can't hang and had he ever fought WW?

Zatanna is a master of magic, not on the level of Dr. Fate but still a person versed in the magic arts. Magic is one of the things that can affect Supes, why wouldn't she stand a chance?

Red Son Bats commited suicide in the hopes of damaging/killing Supes because after WoWo escaped the ridiculousness of Batman tying her up with her own lasso he knew he had 0 chance. Regardless, it's another non-canonical story.

Lex absolutely can hang, he's Superman's arch rival. That's like saying Joker can't hang with Batman or Sinestro can't hang with Hal Jordan. Lex has the most extensive knowledge on Kryptonite and has learned of many of Supes' weaknesses including the Red Sun radiation. Lex has actually had Superman beaten before but his own hubris has been his undoing during those times.

Regardless if they have or haven't (they have) why would you think she couldn't? WoWo is a super strong (not as strong as Supes), super fast (not as fast as Supes in pure speed), super durable (not as durable as Supes) woman that has been raised as a warrior princess. She's better than Supes in hand to hand combat, wields magical items (which, again, affect Supes), and a better strategist. She can definitely hang with Supes.

yes it will. just look at this thread. neither mk or injustice can survive as long as the other is "alive". the nrs "community" is already small but basically its split in half between mk and injustice, with a few playing both. it would hard if the entire community played both but when half the players drop one game as soon as their game is out, the remaining players arent enough.

Zoidberg747

My blades will find your heart
Injustice is dying, poor tourneys, MLG, EVO, CEO, can you imagine when MKX gets out. RIP
2nd year MK9 at EVO got 304 entrants
2nd year Injustice at EVO got 311 entrants

MK9 got more at MLG than Injustice but not EVO. Injustice might dwindle like mk9 did but believe it or not there are people that like playing Injustice as much if not more than MK9. And as long as they come out to support the game, it wont be "dead".

2nd year MK9 at EVO got 304 entrants
2nd year Injustice at EVO got 311 entrants

MK9 got more at MLG than Injustice but not EVO. Injustice might dwindle like mk9 did but believe it or not there are people that like playing Injustice as much if not more than MK9. And as long as they come out to support the game, it wont be "dead".
wanna bet?

EndofGameBoss

That's about right.
The amount of "let it die" responses are overwhelming lol. @chessmaster said it best.

"just look at this thread. neither mk or injustice can survive as long as the other is "alive."

Fred Marvel

Zatanna is a master of magic, not on the level of Dr. Fate but still a person versed in the magic arts. Magic is one of the things that can affect Supes, why wouldn't she stand a chance?

Red Son Bats commited suicide in the hopes of damaging/killing Supes because after WoWo escaped the ridiculousness of Batman tying her up with her own lasso he knew he had 0 chance. Regardless, it's another non-canonical story.

Lex absolutely can hang, he's Superman's arch rival. That's like saying Joker can't hang with Batman or Sinestro can't hang with Hal Jordan. Lex has the most extensive knowledge on Kryptonite and has learned of many of Supes' weaknesses including the Red Sun radiation. Lex has actually had Superman beaten before but his own hubris has been his undoing during those times.

Regardless if they have or haven't (they have) why would you think she couldn't? WoWo is a super strong (not as strong as Supes), super fast (not as fast as Supes in pure speed), super durable (not as durable as Supes) woman that has been raised as a warrior princess. She's better than Supes in hand to hand combat, wields magical items (which, again, affect Supes), and a better strategist. She can definitely hang with Supes.
Because zatanna can't fight, and he can obliterate her before she says a word. At least batman has the K ring on deck and other kryptonite in the cave.

I meant lex can't hang in a fight
I never said WW can't I was wondering if they ever went at it
And batman is better than super at hand to hand and a better strategist but you said dupes mops him up :p hehe
Also it's nice to discuss with another big DC fan ^_^

Rude

You will serve me in The Netherrealm
Guys, can we PLEASE stop all the Batman vs. Superman bullshit?

You all DO realize that they're SUPPOSED TO BE FRIENDS?

That Superman and Batman are, in fact, BEST FRIENDS?

Hell, why do you think they're called The World's Finest/The World's Finest Friendship?

What reason do they have to fight?

Batman hates crime and criminals.

Superman hates needless suffering, death, crime, and respects life.

Both generally speaking don't kill.

So...why are they fighting again?

Zoidberg747

wanna bet?
That at least one scene will still be playing Injustice when MKX drops? Hell yeah, because mine will. I know a lot of people here dont like the block button so they are sticking to Injustice. MK9 isnt even dead after all this time, you had the side tourney at EVO and a lot of locals still run it on occasion. It is ridiculous to believe the ENTIRE scene is going to drop Injustice completely and never enter it again. And as long as it is being run somewhere, it isnt "dead"

Error

DF2+R2
Because zatanna can't fight, and he can obliterate her before she says a word. At least batman has the K ring on deck and other kryptonite in the cave.

And batman is better than super at hand to hand and a better strategist but you said dupes mops him up :p hehe
Stop downplaying Lex, he has the money suit. And if Superman can obliterate Zatanna before she says a word then he can kill/incapacitate Batman without him even seeing it coming.

Fred Marvel

Stop downplaying Lex, he has the money suit. And if Superman can obliterate Zatanna before she says a word then he can kill/incapacitate Batman without him even seeing it coming.
Batman has kryptonite with him at all times. Money cant stop supes in a fight lol

Zoidberg747

I don't get it.

If the Capcom community is able to play multiple Capcom games, how is the NRS community unable to play multiple NRS games?
Because some people generally dont like MK9 or Injustice. Not every Capcom player plays both SFIV and UMVC3. In fact a majority of them don't, it is just the cream of the crop that tend to play both(J wong, Chris G, etc.)

Shark Tank

I don't actually play these games
And even if they did play both, would majors give 2nrs games the stream time and attention both mvc3and sf4 get. Color me a skeptic. Also mvc3 and sf4 have more system differences between them than mk/injustice.

You all DO realize that they're SUPPOSED TO BE FRIENDS?

That Superman and Batman are, in fact, BEST FRIENDS?

Hell, why do you think they're called The World's Finest/The World's Finest Friendship?

What reason do they have to fight?

Batman hates crime and criminals.

Superman hates needless suffering, death, crime, and respects life.

Both generally speaking don't kill.

Frank Miller unfortunately lost his mind many many years ago, but back when he was still sane and capable of writing great Batman stories he was dead on when he broke that friendship up.

Clark believes that there is a natural order to the world, that life exists in a kind of harmony, and that evil and bad things come from people who disrupt and hurt that order.
Bruce believes that the natural state of the world is entropy and chaos, and that the only order which actually exists is the one we force upon it.

Whatever respect they might have, these two people would *NOT* like one another.

Compbros

Man of Tomorrow

That's just, what? Do you think Superman can act faster than Ivy's plants can take over him? Because they did indeed take him over. Zatanna may not be able to fist fight but she sure as hell can conjure some low level magic without needing to utter words. What's to stop her from putting some bright lights in Superman's face, blinding him long enough to utter a more powerful spell? You underestimate just how powerful Zatanna is.

Of course not, he's a human. So he built a suit specifically designed to hang with Superman in a fight and it does.

Yes they have.

He's not coupled with superhuman speed, strength or reflexes like WoWo. WoWo can react quick enough to a Superman flying at her, Batman can't.

It's never gonna stop guy, as long as there are two characters with a big fandom then there will be "battles" between them. Look at any fan forum and go to the "battle arena" section of the forum. "Can the One Piece Verse beat the Dragonball Verse". Like, it's never ending.

It's merely for the discussion of it. Superman/Batman have no need to fight (except when the situation calls for it) but some nerds like fantasy battles and debating their side of it.

Batman has kryptonite with him at all times. Money cant stop supes in a fight lol

Bats keeps it in a lead pouch in his belt. How can he get it in time before Superman grabs his arm and stops him?

Frank Miller unfortunately lost his mind many many years ago, but back when he was still sane and capable of writing great Batman stories he was dead on when he broke that friendship up.

Clark believes that there is a natural order to the world, that life exists in a kind of harmony, and that evil and bad things come from people who disrupt and hurt that order.
Bruce believes that the natural state of the world is entropy and chaos, and that the only order which actually exists is the one we force upon it.

Whatever respect they might have, these two people would *NOT* like one another.
Opposites attract.

Can you guys stop talking about Superman please? Completely unrelated to the topic at hand
It really should just be a new topic at this point. I gave my large ass thoughts on it and, after, tried to steer it to a new thread/PM/my site but it didn't work lol.