What's new

Is Injustice going to die when MK X gets out?

Iron Angel

“I WILL PROTECT THE INNOCENT.”
The game's traffic will surely go down. But Injustice invited a lot of new players to the fighting game industry such as myself. I was never into fighting games, but loved DC and that's why I got it. But all the MK guys will probably hop off of Injustice for a while. I don't think Injustice is dead though, there'll be another one in a few years.

LSC GamerSnail

Slug of Darkness
Ok, so I see that a lot of you think it's pretty damn certain that IGAU will just die off like a bum on the street after MKX shows up. But: Hypotehtical situation (and I know that you know what that means, dont give me that "That would never happen!"-bullshit), what if MKX happens to suck donkeys balls? What if it just hypothetically turns out to be the worst fighting game ever made in modern times and NRS can't fix it with a patch? What would happen to Injustice then?

REDRUM

www.twitter.com/redrum26
I woke this am thinking about this for some reason..

The truth is YES when MKX approaches the Injustice off-line tourney numbers (which have started to dwindle the past few months will get even worse and be considered "dead").

The MLG turnout #'s was cring-worthy.

Will it really be "dead", well NO a small group of people might still travel for the game but a general feel of outside communities and definitely TO's will pretty much show (through actions not words) that the game is "dead".

What is pretty much a slam dunk guarantee (baring a miracle from God) is that THIS was Injustice's last year on the MAIN stage at EVO. (untill a new version comes out years down the road)

John Grizzly

The axe that clears the forest
There will be a few who will still play Injustice, but it's definitely going to die. MKX is what people are waiting for and 99% of people are not going to take that disc out to put Injustice in, let's be honest.

I love Injustice, but once MKX comes out, I won't be playing ANYTHING else, so it's not just Injustice.

Error404

Noob
Well i'll probably trade in my ps3 and its games for a ps4 when MK X comes out , so i won't be playing IGAU after that .

EndofGameBoss

That's about right.
It depends on the players. This moment forward is what decides it's fate. If you want it to survive another year and make it back to EVO, people are going to have to travel and support Injustice. Remember when the EVO lineup was announced? Mr. Wizard said he was on the fence about bringing the game back due to the showing of EVO 2013, but people continued to support the game and the patch mixed things up. It's going to take a lot of support to make it another year and have a return to the big stage. However, it's not a good sign that a lot of good players have been vocal about dropping the game after EVO.

Another real possibility, as someone pointed out, is that MKX could actually suck. If MK9 didn't have it's bugs and was more balanced it would have been the perfect MK tournament game. Adding elements of IGAU to MKX that turned a lot of players off is a risky move. Since interactables can be blocked that's a good soon and if its fast paced that is awesome. MKX will surely be at EVO 2015 if it's released around April because MK can bring in big numbers, especially in the first year and we all know EVO is all about that money.

Compbros

Man of Tomorrow
@Compbros
Holy inceptionpost dude!!!

I like Superman, and I wasn't even complaining about him being OP. Really I was making a point that being a DC comics fan doesn't mean that you love Superman being able to run roughshot over everyone. For the record though, sometimes I do get annoyed at how far DC takes it. I mean seriously.....consider:

A challenger appears: the survivor of a kryptonian sister species combined with the living embodiment of the power of will and source of the green lantern corps. power!

NOPE. Space Jesus is still stronger.

Also, the characters I was bringing up as going even were more references to canonical power capabilities. Canon and character design is one thing, but Canon and character balance are quite another. I don't care how ludicrous it might be, Harley Quin should go even with doomsday.

Oh, I wasn't talking about your posts like you said he was, I just addressed it. Curbo talks about Supes fans not liking that he's not OP in the game and you responded to him with some stuff that I agree with and things I wanted to expand upon. Sorry you got roped into it but I did need to talk about the "who can beat Superman" part.

Ok, so I see that a lot of you think it's pretty damn certain that IGAU will just die off like a bum on the street after MKX shows up. But: Hypotehtical situation (and I know that you know what that means, dont give me that "That would never happen!"-bullshit), what if MKX happens to suck donkeys balls? What if it just hypothetically turns out to be the worst fighting game ever made in modern times and NRS can't fix it with a patch? What would happen to Injustice then?
The best/worst case scenario (depending on your perspective) is that it would probably fracture the community even further then it already is. IE people who are hardcore MK9 fans would go back to playing MK9, people like me would keep playing Injustice, and all the new MKX players would be left holding their dicks going "WTF".
That wont happen though, because to be honest I think Tom Brady is actually right on this. As honest as some people might be when discussing why they don't play injustice (ex. Walkspeed), I genuinely think that a lot more people would have gotten past that if it had been another MK installment.

Mst

Noob
By all means, if you want the game (injustice) to die out after EVO, feel free to. The Smash Bros, KI, Tekken, and Blaze Blue scene will be more than happy to take your scene's spot.

Personally, I think it would be unwise to let both games (MK9 and injustice) to die after EVO. The smart move would be to at least build/maintain the momentum from EVO toward the scene so MKX can have a stronger following when it comes out. Just my 2 cents.
Would be nice to keep injustice alive till injustice 2 comes out the same thing which the capcom guys do they do not just drop Marvel when a new version of Street Fighter get released at the end it will only help the community and might show NRS that supporting the game long term would be a option. And the same thing should happen when Injustice2 is the new NRS game.

Decay

King of the Bill
What happens if, raiden forbid, mkx comes out and its a pile of steaming turd? I mean if it's really unplayable and the lag online sucks worse than mk9? You guys are so sure that mkx will be the best fighting game nrs made, and I seriously hope it is, but if it isn't, injustice still might be a better game, so don't just assume injustice is history. Regardless of how good the game will be, I will always play injustice as long as there are people with whom to play.

LSC GamerSnail

Slug of Darkness
What happens if, raiden forbid, mkx comes out and its a pile of steaming turd? I mean if it's really unplayable and the lag online sucks worse than mk9? You guys are so sure that mkx will be the best fighting game nrs made, and I seriously hope it is, but if it isn't, injustice still might be a better game, so don't just assume injustice is history. Regardless of how good the game will be, I will always play injustice as long as there are people with whom to play.
That's exactly the question I was asking. I'm not assuming anything until the game is in my console and I'm playing it. I actually like the graphics for Mk9 a lot more than X. So far, I'm sticking with Injustice over X, but we'll see how it turns out and what the roster is.

DevilMaySpy

Mama's Little Bumgorf
Realistically speaking, the numbers will naturally dwindle for various reasons: Aquaman, MKX, boredom, etc., but that doesn't mean you have to contribute to the decline because everyone else is.

I'll keep playing because it's my favorite game and Divebombs make me happy, but whatever you do is none of my business.

It might not die, but I don't see people pulling donations in for injustice for a 4th year evo tournament like they did with mk. Mk 9 became a sidegame in 2014, I just don't see that happen with injustice in its fourth year.

Shark Tank

I don't actually play these games
I mean do we really want to speculate this? If MKX comes out and it's so bad that it causes abortions in 30 meter radius and we can't play it because of health issues, and let's not lie it has to be REAL bad, like 3d era bad for the MK nuts here not to play it because MK9 had it's fair share of technical problems and that game was healthier longer into it's life that Inj, would you really be happy that people still play injustice only because the next game the studio made is so bad it causes blindness looking at it. If anyone even still would go back to injustice and not put more time into the newer non nrs games coming out. And ofcourse that same studio that made that turd is making the sequel to injustice so...I would hope MKx isn't anywhere near that level of bad because that would seriously hurt any interest or hope in inj 2.

But even if say, paulo got mad that people said his frame data was incorrect in Injustice and he got so mad he sniffed pcp and went into the NRS studio thinking he was doomsday and killed everyone and mkx is delayed indefinitely. If that happened, inj getting another year at evo without mkx is STILL a big stretch with all the new stuff coming out, just look at the entrance numbers for evo this year and MLG. Even without MKX it probably won't go past a year more than it is now. I'm not hating, I somewhat enjoyed this game for the grundy throws and still watched the game, but I I don't like what the implication is.

Last edited:

EndofGameBoss

That's about right.
It's a bad sign when people are giving very similar responses as the "will MK9 die when Injustice comes out" threads.

I am also fully prepared for MKX to suck. I hope it doesn't, but it's a possibility. If it does, I have SF and other fighting games to fall back on. After seeing Raiden though...I'm not so sure if it will.

Zoidberg747

My blades will find your heart
I mean do we really want to speculate this? If MKX comes out and it's so bad that it causes abortions in 30 meter radius and we can't play it because of health issues, and let's not lie it has to be REAL bad, like 3d era bad for the MK nuts here not to play it because MK9 had it's fair share of technical problems and that game was healthier longer into it's life that Inj, would you really be happy that people still play injustice only because the next game the studio made is so bad it causes blindness looking at it. If anyone even still would go back to injustice and not put more time into the newer non nrs games coming out. And ofcourse that same studio that made that turd is making the sequel to injustice so...I would hope MKx isn't anywhere near that level of bad because that would seriously hurt any interest or hope in inj 2.

But even if say, paulo got mad that people said his frame data was incorrect inb Injustice and he got so mad he sniffed pcp and went into the NRS studio thinking he was doomsday and killed everyone and mkx is delayed indefinitely. If that happened, inj getting another year at evo without mkx is STILL a big stetch with all the new stuff coming out, just look at the entrance numbers for evo this year and MLG. Even without MKX it probably won't go past a year more than it is now. I'm not hating, I somewhat enjoyed this game for the grundy throws and still watched the game, but I I don't like what the implication is.

Fred Marvel

It's actually Freddy Marvel
lol yes

RIP

But on the serious side it depends on if people will still play it. Most people that play injustice don't like it that much and are supporting it until the next game. Not shit talking it's the truth.

MK is also way more popular then injustice. You might think it wouldn't because there's lots of DC fans but the MK series has been around longer and people have more passion for it.

Also injustice isn't appealing to super hardcore DC fans or maybe fans of characters Like superman. No DC or superman fan is trying to play a game where superman isn't bodying everyone. Shit makes no sense.

I'll always sign up for injustice even if I don't play it. If I go to TFC I will assure you I'll compete in injustice. There should be no reason why the NRS COMMUNITY isn't supporting each other's game.
My only gripe with this post is what you said about hardcore DC fans I'm one and I love the game, and superman did destroy everyone prepatch, NRS did a good job making superman adam batman aquaman etc as powerful as they should be same with MMH but he phased through the patch so he stayed OP when they fi tried to seriously balance the game.
As for who should go even with superman canonically? Adam, Batman, Martian, doomsday. And he should lose to flash :p
But then again canonically deathstroke 7-3's batman