What's new

Injustice Official Hotfix Notes Posted - See Inside

Rathalos

Play Monster Hunter!
If this is just a hotfix, doesn't that mean that EVERY console at a tournament (think EVO, fellas) will have to be connected to the Internet at all times in order for it to be applied since it's not a patch?

Yeah, that will tide over really well. >_> Then again, for all I know, the consoles are connected to the Net anyway.
No, just connected once, then it's golden.

Eddy Wang

Skarlet scientist
100+ for NRS, this was a amazing step up.
I wasn't counting on fixing the game, but what the hell, that's amazing, now we can enjoy batgirl without banning her.

Paul the Octopus

Slow Starter
As a Sinestro player, I'm fine with this hotfix. He didn't need it in his good matchups (I don't care if we 9-1 someone instead of 7-3ing them lol... in fact I feel bad), and his bad matchups weren't substantially improved.

However, I do disagree with those that think this set-up is still pretty good with Sinestro because he still gets a vortex. You guys are underestimating how important 2 trait shots and 1 bar of meter is to Sinestro. Sinestro without resources is complete ass. 1 trait shot into b3 vortex is way better than this and what I'll probably use in most situations, even if it requires a little more accuracy and prediction.

Taking out the 38% before the vortex start completely changes the cost/benefit of this.

trufenix

bye felicia
Wait, if you don't have to pay for patches anymore, why choose to hot fix it instead of patching it?
A patch requires re-written code, new build certifications, qa submissions, bandwidth, lots of other shit. It still costs a lot even if it doesn't mean writing a check directly to ms. A hotfix is basically changing a couple of # in a text file.

I dunno if anybody's actually seen the tweakvars file, but my totally ignorant assumption would be that somewhere in there every move in the game has a combo scaling % amongst its "numbers" and they just set the one for push block to 100%. That way when pushblock "connects" it effectively turns the combo off.

The problem (which isn't really a problem, but whatever, this has become a Lex / Joker player pity party) is that the push block rules are probably listed globally, rather than character specific. So nuking it for Sin, nuked it for everybody. Either that or if it is char specific paolo just thinks pushblock setups are illegal on principle.

OnlineRon91

Joker++
Can anyone familiar with Grundy answer me this?

Before this hotfix could Grundy's walking corpse completely ignore throws? As in you wont even touch his armor? I swear he didnt have that before but I could be wrong.

kaseyk

Noob
out of curiosity , did they change anti pushblock tech ?
test example using hg set ai to pushblock in corner j2-we2-anything and see if thats scaled to 0% .
i play wiiu and have no expectation of patch lol or i would test it myself .

CrimsonShadow

Administrator and Community Engineer
Administrator
Well... I guess I can cancel my plans to move to MLP: Fighting Is Magic.

However with that said -- Save Lex Luthor.

TheBoyBlunder

They love my Grayson
Sinestro, a zoner with a vortex didn't need the push block tech to be more than viable as a top 5-10 character who can handle most of the cast.
Joker and Lex thrive on it as set up based characters, who weren't even close to top mid tier even with the push block set ups. Now without it where do they stand?

If they're going to fix something, fix it honestly and don't ruin the game for dedicated players that work hard on their characters. A lot of that time spent on those set ups and now they don't have them anymore.

Lex and Joker just got worse.
How is that good for the game?
People have been dying to see more Lex and Joker in tourneys, a lot of characters in this game create a snooze fest on stream. GL, Aquaman, Sinestro...and if it wasn't for KDZs play style Superman would be another bore.

And that's just my opinion. I didn't write this to get people to agree with . I like this game a lot....and I'm glad action was taken quickly. I just think there needs to be more done in terms to make this game balanced as possible(which isn't easy to do in a fighter) but every character should be viable at level play that should be the goal. I hope they didn't stop here.

VenomX-90

"On your Knees!"
Pig, should I start by curling up in the fetal position, sucking my thumb, and rocking back and fourth? lol

Doombawkz

Trust me, I'm a doctor
Can anyone familiar with Grundy answer me this?

Before this hotfix could Grundy's walking corpse completely ignore throws? As in you wont even touch his armor? I swear he didnt have that before but I could be wrong.
Bane can still snag through it from my testing.

OnlineRon91

Joker++
Bane can still snag through it from my testing.
Yea the other grapplers as well with the right timing. However i could of sworn those grabs (assuming no level 3 venom) as well as universal grabs would take off a hit of armor before the hotfix. Now they all seem to whiff if done preemptively. If no one confirm ill prob test it myself on a pre hotfix of the game.

KombatNerd

Justice 4 Firestorm
BREAKING NEWS:

NIGHTWING'S OVERHEAD CROSS UP DOES NOT CROSS UP OR DOES NOT OVERHEAD. NIGHTWING'S STAND 2 INTO FLIP KICK DOESN'T ACTUALLY COMBO ON MEMBERS OF THE CAST. NIGHTWING'S HITBOXES ARE SO FUCKED THAT j1 WHIFFS ON CROUCHING OPPONENTS.

Yeah. Patch all this horseshit, but actually fixing problems? Too much work it seems. The salt is still real to me.
U3d3 and b13 shouldn't be able to be parried and then the whole escrima fury randomly whiffing on hit..

Doombawkz

Trust me, I'm a doctor
Yea the other grapplers as well with the right timing. However i could of sworn those grabs (assuming no level 3 venom) as well as universal grabs would take off a hit of armor before the hotfix. Now they all seem to whiff if done preemptively. If no one confirm ill prob test it myself on a pre hotfix of the game.
If you mean on wake-up, that's just your basic invuln.
If you mean raw, Grundy has always had some grab immune frames on it in the beginning I think.

All I know is as a Bane player, I just wait until the point where he has to commit so I'm not a good judge.

Dirtylova

YOLO FLYING GRAYSON BICH
PLEASE PAULO

Flipkick needs to consistently cross up every character in the game, and normal flipkick needs to not whiff on crouching characters.

• stand 1 in staff needs to universally hit crouching characters (that's probably the biggest IMO).
Give me these and my D1ck would be pleased..

EDit.. ANDD,, J1 in staff hits inconsistently/whiffs on crouching characters

NightwingDayZero said:
BREAKING NEWS:

NIGHTWING'S OVERHEAD CROSS UP DOES NOT CROSS UP OR DOES NOT OVERHEAD. NIGHTWING'S STAND 2 INTO FLIP KICK DOESN'T ACTUALLY COMBO ON MEMBERS OF THE CAST. NIGHTWING'S HITBOXES ARE SO FUCKED THAT j1 WHIFFS ON CROUCHING OPPONENTS.
Yeah. Patch all this horseshit, but actually fixing problems? Too much work it seems. The salt is still real to me.

EDit.. ANDD,, J1 in staff hits inconsistently/whiffs on crouching characters

@NightwingDayZero
@macro
@Sajam
@gpmoney
@D1ck nation

Lets keep posting this in this thread in hopes the NRS team sees and fixes our stuff...

Last edited:

OnlineRon91

Joker++
If you mean on wake-up, that's just your basic invuln.
If you mean raw, Grundy has always had some grab immune frames on it in the beginning I think.

All I know is as a Bane player, I just wait until the point where he has to commit so I'm not a good judge.
I been testing it as a reversal. Im probably just bugging though, even if it was changed it be the most randomest and pretty pointless buff ive ever seen given the armor it has already. Thanks for the clarification.

RIF

Noob
This was absolutely premature. 100%. This wasn't vetted out over a long duration of time. This wasn't evaluated in the context of a real match. As bad as this is for Joker and Lex mains, I do not feel sorry for these characters. These changes are a result of the furor that arrived from this tech. And let us be clear that this was not a glitch. Everyone is happy because it wasn't their character that was impacted.

Everyone admits that it's too early to determine which characters are top tier, but everyone is an expert on the efficacy of new tech and its impact on the 'health of the game'.

Last edited:

Doombawkz

Trust me, I'm a doctor
I been testing it as a reversal. Im probably just bugging though, even if it was changed it be the most randomest and pretty pointless buff ive ever seen given the armor it has already. Thanks for the clarification.
Sure no problem, it might just be a bug on block.
I know sometimes reversals end up screwing command grabs because theres some issue with persisting grab immune frames from the blockstun. It happens with the b.11xxbody press tick throw

man awesome i didnt think they care but i dont like the way its done lol. first i think its bad that lex and joker lose their stuff. second, instead of going to 0% damage, they should just have added immunity after pushblock until you recovered so the trait shot doesnt even touch you. the way its now still enables Setups as many pointed out. and probably harms the already high Tier the least.

and awesome that the Bola glitch is removed.

a consumer Information @colt, i owned IGAU for 360 and was considering to buy it again for PS4, but the new glitches turned me off. now if there is a good solution i will rethink that. i know its just one copy but i might be representative for a couple, and i just wanna Show that Long-term-support matters and is the right way.