What's new

Injustice Official Hotfix Notes Posted - See Inside

RIF

Noob
How can you not pushblock 4 into shackles?
You can do that part, but it pushes the opponent too far away in most instances. The JI2 is too far away too connect and you must B13/B12 without the double trait shot. You can Dash and do F2D13 and push them full screen, but you cannot dash, then jump before the opponent releases from shackles. If the opponent is backed into the corner then you can get them into the vortex.

If I am incorrect, I am unaware of another way to get them into a mid-screen vortex.

Saboteur-6

Filthy Casual
Yeah I'm sorry I even looked at P2W's twitter. It's like that feeling when you sat in dogshit and didn't realize it right away. I'm glad that dude is banned man, I wish he'd drop the game altogether. There's just some people in life I'm ok not knowing.

CrimsonShadow

Administrator and Community Engineer
Administrator
"PLAYING TO WIN ‏@_P2W_ 1h
U guys realize that @pakostevens thought pre patch Scorp was ok? Ya. That's the kind of idiot that works on this game."

Keeping it classy.
If you could ban people on Twitter I would. Unbelievable. My response:

"No one should disrespect the creators of a game they play. Disagreements are inevitable -- but don't forget whose work created the game."

AK elitegoomba

http://www.twitch.tv/elitegoomba
Jesus christ cowboy sinestro is still good. Before pushblock combo, it was (is now) INCREDIBLY risky to do ANYTHING up close to a sinestro with trait up.

Reactions: RIF

CrimsonShadow

Administrator
Back on topic, I don't see the meter and trait usage ever being justified. It would be better spent on taking chip and damage and making a read in footsies into a combo. I don't see why this is so hard for people to understand.
In matchups where your opponent has to get in on Sinestro, how is spending 1 bar (that you'll build back from zoning) and a trait hit to get them back to fullscreen (guaranteed! on block) after they finally get in not justified?

Braindead

I want Kronika to step on my face
What the hell is "investigating the problem with PC" supposed to mean?
Will they release a separate patch? Buff my NW exclusively on PC? :DOGE

cR WoundCowboy

WoundCowbae <3
In matchups where your opponent has to get in on Sinestro, how is spending 1 bar (that you'll build back from zoning) and a trait hit to get them back to fullscreen, guaranteed, after they finally get in not justified?
Because doing it with the zoning is always the more rewarding option. Hell, not using the pushblock and just raw trait shooting someone is a better idea when you read their pressure. Let's also not forget that a big portion of the cast do not care about being full screen against Sinestro. Flash, Batman, Zatanna, Scorpion, Frost, Aquaman, MMH and Batgirl don't care AT ALL about being full screen. This logic proves to me that nobody in this community really knows Sinestro, which further proves why I have done well with him.

CrimsonShadow

Administrator
Because doing it with the zoning is always the more rewarding option. Hell, not using the pushblock and just raw trait shooting someone is a better idea when you read their pressure. Let's also not forget that a big portion of the cast do not care about being full screen against Sinestro. Flash, Batman, Zatanna, Scorpion, Frost, Aquaman, MMH and Batgirl don't care AT ALL about being full screen. This logic proves to me that nobody in this community really knows Sinestro, which further proves why I have done well with him.
So you listed 8 characters that don't care -- but what about the rest of the cast?

Literally for me, 70% of the match is spent trying to patiently work my way in on you. Then the other 30% is hoping I make the right decisions once I'm there, so that I actually get some reward for the effort I put in to reach you.

However, if you can send me back to fullscreen for the cost of a bar on block, now I don't even have to make a wrong decision. I can do something that's completely safe and I'm punished for it anyway. If there's not much time on the clock, I'm probably done unless I take an enormous risk that's in your favor.

Just because MMH doesn't have to care, doesn't change the situation for everyone else.

cR WoundCowboy

WoundCowbae <3
So you listed 8 characters that don't care -- but what about the rest of the cast?

Literally for me, 70% of the match is spent trying to patiently work my way in on you. Then the other 30% is hoping I make the right decisions once I'm there, so that I actually get some reward for the effort I put in to reach you.

However, if you can send me back to fullscreen for the cost of a bar on block, now I don't even have to make a wrong decision. I can do something that's completely safe and I'm punished for it anyway. If there's not much time on the clock, I'm probably done unless I take an enormous risk that's in your favor.

Just because MMH doesn't have to care, doesn't change the situation for everyone else.
When most of the top tier don't have to care, it's a problem. The characters that do have trouble at full screen are all pretty much unviable anyways. Also, as a GL player you should know that his walkspeed is godlike. Walking beats everything that Sinestro does. His backwalk is mediocre and as you get closer everything he does becomes more punishable. Watch my match against King. When the game is fleshed out, the only way Sinestro will be able to win is by risking his life to get the trait so that he can have an OPPORTUNITY to make a good read. His design is too focused on the trait and his zoning means nothing against most characters which will ultimately make him unviable.

E

Eldriken

This. This. This.

Zyphox

What is going on guys, Ya Boi Zyphox here.
dude i know you are salty about all this, but you can still put them into a vortex situation right? for example when you have trait MMH can't tele in because if he does, you will spend a bar and one trait and put him into a vortex, which i am assuming is a lot better than sending him, full screen. also if you happen to make the wrong read on your opponents pressure you get hit, and if you have trait in 2nd life bar you might not want to clash, or if they are smart they will try to transition you. i think you should explore it further before saying one bar and one trait shot is useless to send them fullscreen or into vortex. also if you do it once they will be so afraid to attack you, i know trait makes you fear attacking but atleast there are ways around it.

cR WoundCowboy

WoundCowbae <3
dude i know you are salty about all this, but you can still put them into a vortex situation right? for example when you have trait MMH can't tele in because if he does, you will spend a bar and one trait and put him into a vortex, which i am assuming is a lot better than sending him, full screen. also if you happen to make the wrong read on your opponents pressure you get hit, and if you have trait in 2nd life bar you might not want to clash, or if they are smart they will try to transition you. i think you should explore it further before saying one bar and one trait shot is useless to send them fullscreen or into vortex. also if you do it once they will be so afraid to attack you, i know trait makes you fear attacking but atleast there are ways around it.
You can only get a vortex if you are willing to spend two trait shots and a bar. It's a waste. (It used to do 38%, now it does 1).

You need 2 trait shots to setup the vortex. 1 trait puts them too far way so you can't cross them up.

But yeah it's still possible. I think using only 1 trait shot is the best use of this tech.

Fromundaman

I write too much.
Guys, why are we trying to convince people Sinestro is still viable?
I'm pretty sure 70% of the people writing here hate fighting Sinestros, so if the top Sinestros want to drop him, let them!

Braindead

I want Kronika to step on my face
Lol the fact that you can write this and not see a problem is beyond me. "It punished people for rushing you down", i.e. it punished people for trying to touch you.
We've been trying to convince Sinestro players that all day long on those forums... They'd never get convinced. The way they see it Sinestro just got nerfed (which is LOL since the "tech" was discovered like 2 minutes ago.)
So we'd better just stop trying. It's useless.