What's new

Injustice: Gods Among Us - Bane & Lex Luthor Confirmed

Compbros

Man of Tomorrow
Honestly, there is still TEN more reveals on the way, I dont know why people are getting so up in arms about this. You may think a choice is cool, others may think its dumb. Deal with it, its a video game.

It's a video game I'm gonna put 65+ bucks down on. I will voice my opinion as I will with anything I put money down on.

10 more characters so, let's say, two more Superman, one more Green Lantern, one more Green Arrow, one more Wonder Woman, one more Titan, one more Flash. This leaves 3 characters left from wherever. That's just a bad look when we could already have another Wonder Woman and another Flash that have similar movesets to already announced Bat people.

colt

Premium Supporter
Premium Supporter
NetherRealm Studios
what grapplers in mk are ppl talking about? there has never been a "grappler" character before. besides technically calling run thru the guy on knockdown and throw and repeat with umk3smoke.

Reedoms

Noob
It's a video game I'm gonna put 65+ bucks down on. I will voice my opinion as I will with anything I put money down on.

10 more characters so, let's say, two more Superman, one more Green Lantern, one more Green Arrow, one more Wonder Woman, one more Titan, one more Flash. This leaves 3 characters left from wherever. That's just a bad look when we could already have another Wonder Woman and another Flash that have similar movesets to already announced Bat people.
Very doubtful they are putting in 2 more people from Supes since they already have Lex and possibly PG. Arrow already got Deathstroke and Wonder Woman honestly does not have a rogues gallery that would work in this. Cheetah is to similar to Catwoman and the Greek Pantheon would be to much to work with in this.

I say they've got about 7 reveals we don't know about considering Aquaman is already pretty much in along with Manhunter (hopefully) and Sinestro or Atrocitus is in as well.

Briggs8417

Salt Proprietor of TYM
Killzone I'm going to sum this up very plainly, characters are made by writing that is what in fact helps define them. a Jason Todd is a very generic and boring robin who was just Dick Grayson with an attitude, same back story and everything. He then turned into a generic mercenary for hire character after being killed by the Joker by majority vote because over half the people reading Batman at the time hated him...because he is awful. Also, you cannot even attempt to compare Todd to the Punisher, its like trying to compare quicksilver to flash. (Quicksilver blows)

Saying that Joker wouldn't last a day in the Marvel universe isn't fair because its the Marvel universe, full of so many op characters with such heavy plot armor that its completely laughable. I can't tell you how many times characters like Thor have "died" in that universe and just came back for the most bullshit reasoning.

Do I think their are too many Batman characters? Yes. Am I hoping to complain about it? No, because I think batman has very few characters who aren't great...GREAT! I'm a fanboy of Batman though, so to each their own I guess. We can agree to disagree.

Compbros

Man of Tomorrow
Very doubtful they are putting in 2 more people from Supes since they already have Lex and possibly PG. Arrow already got Deathstroke and Wonder Woman honestly does not have a rogues gallery that would work in this. Cheetah is to similar to Catwoman and the Greek Pantheon would be to much to work with in this.

I say they've got about 7 reveals we don't know about considering Aquaman is already pretty much in along with Manhunter (hopefully) and Sinestro or Atrocitus is in as well.
Zod and another hero; Deathstroke is Titans more than Arrow; Ares and I'm saying that Cheetah could've been in instead of Catwoman and basically nothing would be lost; there's still the lobbying for Booster Gold/Blue Beetle; Lobo is pretty much deconfirmed; We still have the plant hints of Swamp Thing/Ivy.

STB Sgt Reed

Online Warrior
Most of the Batman characters in this game are pretty lame. Joker, Harleyquin, Nightwing, Catwoman. Who's next? Penguin? Riddler? Or maybe the Boy wonder? smh
True, there are so many better choices... that could have really unique styles as opposed to the lame ones of those mentioned.

STB Sgt Reed

Online Warrior
Sure, put in 4 (Batman, Nightwing, Joker, Ivy) and use the rest of the roster to showcase others. Don't have a third of the roster dedicated to Batman.
If only those were the 4! Then I wouldn't want any more batman characters (Save for Freeze for DLC) ... but no, they took up spots with lame ones like Bane, Harley Quinn, Catwoman, etc ... So, I demand more batman characters until mine get in! :p

(I want Ivy or Freeze)

Norman Osborn has done loads worse than Joker and he's still alive and kicking.
There is a big difference between Norman Osborn and the Joker.
Norman Osborn is someone who knows how to protect himself and survive by having super powers, super gadgets and manipulating everyone around him (especially the ordinary people, if we go by Dark Reign), while the Joker is able to do what he wants because everyone in the DC universe is stupid.

Oh yeah, because Magneto (mutant Hitler) was put down years ago.
Edit: The criminal failure of serial villainy is just that, it always goes unpunished. Your complaints about Joker can be leveled at any villain thats ever been defeated and not killed in the entire history of fiction.
Isn't Magneto like one of the most powerful mutants out there? Obviously after the few omega-level mutants. I don't expect someone to simply put down Magneto.
But you didn't quite understand what I was talking about.
I'm not saying that every villain should get killed, but that the DC universe struggles way to much with Joker, simply because of the plot.

Joker runs around and kills people for the sake of the lolz. Norman Osborn doesn't do that and Magneto doesn't do that as well.
Take a look at the Hulk. The Illuminati shot him into the universe, because they were not willing to accept his rampage anymore.

Take a look at Carnage, who is Marvels Joker (Carnage is based on the Joker).
He survives, because he is a freakin' powerful symbiote, but what happens when someone from the Marvel universe gets him, who is willing to kill (Sentry)? He gets torn apart.
Who would ever be willing to kill the Joker in the DC universe? Nightwing was and Batman saved the Joker, just so that the Joker could break out of the cheap ass Arkham Asylum and kill some more people for fun.

DC comics are stupid. The Batuniverse is especially stupid.

There is a big difference between Norman Osborn and the Joker.
Norman Osborn is someone who knows how to protect himself and survive by having super powers, super gadgets and manipulating everyone around him (especially the ordinary people, if we go by Dark Reign), while the Joker is able to do what he wants because everyone in the DC universe is stupid.

Isn't Magneto like one of the most powerful mutants out there? Obviously after the few omega-level mutants. I don't expect someone to simply put down Magneto.
But you didn't quite understand what I was talking about.
I'm not saying that every villain should get killed, but that the DC universe struggles way to much with Joker, simply because of the plot.

Joker runs around and kills people for the sake of the lolz. Norman Osborn doesn't do that and Magneto doesn't do that as well.
Take a look at the Hulk. The Illuminati shot him into the universe, because they were not willing to accept his rampage anymore.

Take a look at Carnage, who is Marvels Joker (Carnage is based on the Joker).
He survives, because he is a freakin' powerful symbiote, but what happens when someone from the Marvel universe gets him, who is willing to kill (Sentry)? He gets torn apart.
Who would ever be willing to kill the Joker in the DC universe? Nightwing was and Batman saved the Joker, just so that the Joker could break out of the cheap ass Arkham Asylum and kill some more people for fun.

Clearly either you are trying to troll at the highest level, or you are a very young and incredibly ignorant child. Youve already proven that you're a marvel fanboy and you dont grasp the character of the Joker to see why hes great. and frankly as far as any events in comics go thats left up to whoever wants to draw out the story. But personally i think the character design of the Joker is alot more intricate than doom or magneto and more thought was put into it

Alot of batmans villains represent a disorder and each have their own darkness that made them that way. Marvel is simply full of either rip offs of DCs heroes or just stereotypical childish imaginations. However ill give you Superman. I personally am not a fan.

You have your opinions and all which is fine since marvel comics arnt that bad. But dont go to the effort to talk down on DC and/or batman considering theyve had a bit more of a longer and a little more stronger of an influence over the years. Recently marvel may have its spotlight due to avengers and what not but overall DCs done its share.

The batman universe is probably one of the most thought out and well designed plots in comic book history and thats probably why batman has gotten as popular as he is.

Briggs8417

Salt Proprietor of TYM
Clearly either you are trying to troll at the highest level, or you are a very young and incredibly ignorant child. Youve already proven that you're a marvel fanboy and you dont grasp the character of the Joker to see why hes great. and frankly as far as any events in comics go thats left up to whoever wants to draw out the story. But personally i think the character design of the Joker is alot more intricate than doom or magneto and more thought was put into it

Alot of batmans villains represent a disorder and each have their own darkness that made them that way. Marvel is simply full of either rip offs of DCs heroes or just stereotypical childish imaginations. However ill give you Superman. I personally am not a fan.

You have your opinions and all which is fine since marvel comics arnt that bad. But dont go to the effort to talk down on DC and/or batman considering theyve had a bit more of a longer and a little more stronger of an influence over the years. Recently marvel may have its spotlight due to avengers and what not but overall DCs done its share.

The batman universe is probably one of the most thought out and well designed plots in comic book history and thats probably why batman has gotten as popular as he is.
I sir, am now going to follow you.

trufenix

bye felicia
All comics are stupid. Villains get to go free, period. Doesn't matter if its genocide or stealing birthday cakes. You cannot call DC out on any concession they have made for characters like Joker or Ra's or Luthor that hasn't already been made for Magneto, or Doom, or Red Skull.

Hell, Doctor Octopus IS SPIDERMAN now, and he's basically the Joker with a science degree.

The Batman recruits children who are not older than 12 years and who are still somehow able to easily defeat the Gotham City bad guys who are basically all just psychopaths with a theme and guns and who are still able to easily defaet the Gotham City police, a bunch of guy who are so fucking unmotivated and don't give a damn about the population.

Joker kills 1000 people, Batman puts him away and waits for the next 1000 dead bodies. Thought out and well designed? No, it's bad, bad, bad, bad, bad, bad, bad, bad, bad, bad, bad writing, but hey ... it's DC. DC likes to stick to the stuff that happened 50 years ago, since they writers grew up with these characters and are now fan-wanking them, because they have the power to do so.

If I was a DC writer, you would read realistic DC comics for the first time in your life. Joker would die in the first comic and so would the other ridiculous Gotham City villains, who simply don't have anything besides the plot that protects them.
Superman would go insane in under a month, since a hero like him can't exist in a realisticly written comic book world.
Oh and Robins would get their legs broken and their teeth torn out, simply because little kiddy--heroes don't have a place in a comic that is supposed to be realistic, but in the end it really isn't, never was and never will be.

Compbros

Man of Tomorrow

Oooooh, see I was staying out of this argument but this is just mistaken. The BMU has had many an awwwwwfuuuuulll plot or arcs. While they've also gotten really good ones there's no way you can say the Batman Universe is one of the most thought out and well designed plots in....actually, this doesn't really make sense. Not knocking you because I believe you worded this wrong but within the DCU alone All-Star Superman has been better written and more thought out than recent Batman ventures.

Reedoms

Noob
The Batman recruits children who are not older than 12 years and who are still somehow able to easily defeat the Gotham City bad guys who are basically all just psychopaths with a theme and guns and who are still able to easily defaet the Gotham City police, a bunch of guy who are so fucking unmotivated and don't give a damn about the population.

Joker kills 1000 people, Batman puts him away and waits for the next 1000 dead bodies. Thought out and well designed? No, it's bad, bad, bad, bad, bad, bad, bad, bad, bad, bad, bad writing, but hey ... it's DC. DC likes to stick to the stuff that happened 50 years ago, since they writers grew up with these characters and are now fan-wanking them, because they have the power to do so.

If I was a DC writer, you would read realistic DC comics for the first time in your life. Joker would die in the first comic and so would the other ridiculous Gotham City villains, who simply don't have anything besides the plot that protects them.
Superman would go insane in under a month, since a hero like him can't exist in a realisticly written comic book world.
Oh and Robins would get their legs broken and their teeth torn out, simply because little kiddy--heroes don't have a place in a comic that is supposed to be realistic, but in the end it really isn't, never was and never will be.
I'm getting a "I read Mature comics for Mature readers" vibe from this post. Batman and his little corner of the DC work best when left alone by other heroes. It's the reason why you don't see Superman going through the world and clearing the world of crime in a day or why Flash doesn't just do the same since he can essentially become omnipotent. Treat each book as if it's in it's own little world. Now this is hard since Batman is a cash cow and everyone loves to whore him out to other books as a guest star for that extra money.

If you want a realistic interpretation of Gotham, try reading Gotham Central which revolves around the GCPD in their attempts to incarcerate villains. Like you they think that it's fucking retarded that people like Joker get to go free just because they are "insane." If you don't want fan-wanking, then I suggest taking a look at The Dark line of DC which is essentially classic Vertigo titles revamped that don't deal with the DC universe much at all.

Compbros

Man of Tomorrow
All-Star is an Elseworlds Silver Age romp that's fun but stand alone.

It doesn't represent actual idiotic storylines like Superman giving up his American citizenship.

All-Star Superman is a story that shows why people like Superman. It's more than a "fun romp", but I digress.

With Batman himself, why is Tim Drake, simply for finding out Wayne is Bats, allowed to be Robin? He does not have the training to deal with a Bane, Freeze, etc....He just "figured out" who the Dynamic Duo were and was given the character.

Why is Bruce Wayne able to come back from fight after fight? At the end of the day he's just a guy but he's been shot, stabbed, had his lungs punctured, ribs and various bones broken, etc...but at the end of the day it's like nothing happened. This isn't a huge problem but it does irk me with Bats (and characters like Green Arrow to be fair).

Where does he get the time? Bruce Wayne is a genius, athletic, playboy ninja. He basically designs his own weapons and computers; built an entire database of facts, criminals and other things; has to exercise constantly to stay in the shape since he must be layed out for days or weeks with these injuries; the list goes on.

Why does he use his money to be "Batman"? At this point I have to assume he's spent well over a half billion being Batman: Why not use this money on Gotham? Increase the police force, beef up Arkham, etc.....You take away the henchmen of people like Joker and Two-Face and you're left with crazy people that aren't nearly as hard to deal with.

All the bad guys know where Arkham is so it's easy to plan a break from the outside, why not use something else? Arkham can be for the henchmen and you use some hole on an island no one has ever heard of for the super-villains/crazies.

These are just general questions that come to my mind when I read a Batman comic and, honestly, it takes me out of the comic which is a bad feeling when reading a comic. You want to immerse yourself in the universe but Batman's Universe is so full of "why" or "what" that it's hard for me to overlook things. On top of that, a lot of the villains have that same type of "snarky" attitude so, if I were to have these lines read aloud to me, alot of the time I wouldn't be able to tell a Penguin from a Two-face, for example.

Edit: I'm truly sorry to bring this up again but:
These characters have been represented in old-time comics, the New 52, cartoon series, live action – they all have their own universes and we’re trying to carve ours. In our minds we’re trying to see Injustice as the starting point of a series to continue that universe. That’s our goal right there, to establish a new universe.
So, again, why so many Bat people when they aren't really drawing from some comic arc?

If you don't want fan-wanking, then I suggest taking a look at The Dark line of DC which is essentially classic Vertigo titles revamped that don't deal with the DC universe much at all.
I want comics that make sense and to be more exact, I want characters who make sense.

There was someone above talking about All Star Superman and how good that was, but when it comes to Superman nothing will ever even come close to "Superman - Peace on Earth".
That's how Superman is supposed to be as a character and the only way he should be written, but what does DC with him?
They write bullshit for him, so that you rather read Aquaman comics, which are pretty damn good at the moment. Why? Because everything that happens in them right now is how the character is supposed to be.

I'm not trying to downgrade the Batman writing, but I dislike the way they want these characters to be and in the Batman universe Red Hood is basically one of the few ones who make sense. Clearly not because of his terrible, terrible, terrible backstory, but because of what he has become. An anti-hero who is willing to kill, while you have someone like Batman on the other hand who wants to protect Gotham City but in the end of the day he does nothing at all to achieve his goals.

Arkham Asylum isn't the salvation. Death is.

Compbros

Man of Tomorrow
There was someone above talking about All Star Superman and who good that was, but when it comes to Superman nothing will ever even come close to "Superman - Peace on Earth".
That's how Superman is supposed to be as a character and the only way he should be written

I loved "Superman: Secret Identity", probably my favorite thing from Supes ever. Never read Peace on Earth to be honest though.

Reedoms

Noob
Why does he use his money to be "Batman"? At this point I have to assume he's spent well over a half billion being Batman: Why not use this money on Gotham? Increase the police force, beef up Arkham, etc.....You take away the henchmen of people like Joker and Two-Face and you're left with crazy people that aren't nearly as hard to deal with.
But he does do this. He donates to charities all the time and gets involved with the GCPD frequently. It's just that Gotham is a shithole and a very corrupt one at that. It's not as bad as Hub City but it's up there.

I'm not a big fan of Super Christman. Who should be able to solve most of the world's problems in a day but doesn't because of bullshit philosophical excuses.

I like Superman as a human being with Midwest values first and foremost. It makes him more relatable.