What's new

Injustice: GAU Balance Suggestions

Error

DF2+R2
Black Adam, faster start-up on lightning cage + armor if he has trait available so he can reliably AA, still whiff punishable. B2 is 12 frames, down from 15. Black Magic can be meter burned to catch air borne opponents.:oops:

Barrogh

Meta saltmine
Grundy
+ May have all 3 trait chains running at once all at 2x, but when either player clashes or hits their opponent with a super or stage transition then Grundy's trait is reset to 0
I don't see this helping at all, and honestly, cinematic status reset handles more like a glitch IMO.
I'd appreciate elaboration, but tbh I'd rather have him having better hitbox cleaver (to avoid some characters option selecting out of cleaver/grab by jumping back), more beef to swamp hands (earlier MB, a bit higher hitbox...) and/or something done to half of his normals for they are pretty much unusable.

Another thing I'd carefully suggest is to remake WC inputs:
WC: from bf3 to bf3,1+3 (or something)
WCC: from bf3,db to bf3
So WC now acts as a sort of a stance. Now, I don't know if this tool really needs anything and if it's a good idea to allow Grundy to react to crossups better by removing the need to invert cancel, but there's that.

And honestly, I don't know if that will be of any help against his hard MUs.

@Billy Dha Kid
@JTB123
@fr stack

@whoever still plays the character

He'd have a vortex on fortress if that was the case.
Fix the fortress instead? :p

Last edited:

JTB123

>>R2 - BF4 = Unblockable.
@Barrogh Having all 3 traits active would be a significant buff but resetting it after a clash / transition is a much bigger nerf for it, especially in match ups where chip trait is viable...

Tbh I think Grundy is fine the way he is, if you fix all his issues then you would create a monster. I think a faster D1 and less recovery on whiffed swamp hands would be nice though.

JDM

Noob
Yes. Your reasoning is absolutely terrible.

All terrible suggestions. Flash is fine as he is. The only thing I would change is certain strings like B22F3 whiffing on some opponents. And this is an issue that various characters have with their own strings. Those should have all been adjusted.
You're clearly biased as a flash player. Flash is not okay, he's ridiculous.

Also, your reasoning on Flash Charge being okay is equally ridiculous. It's fair because you can't just throw it out?? Lol.. you can punish things from extremely far range and get a lot of damage out of it into another mixup cause he's flash. That's not really "fair".

Barrogh

Meta saltmine
Having all 3 traits active would be a significant buff but resetting it after a clash / transition is a much bigger nerf for it, especially in match ups where chip trait is viable...
I was thinking that if you actually can consistently land multiple grabs early enough for their buffs to matter in a MU, then it's probably not that much of a MU you need help with, especially considering this change won't do much for all other, more desperate cases.
Granted, some of his issues may be somewhat fixed by proposed changes to other characters, so I dunno.

JTB123

>>R2 - BF4 = Unblockable.
I was thinking that if you actually can consistently land multiple grabs early enough for their buffs to matter in a MU, then it's probably not that much of a MU you need help with, especially considering this change won't do much for all other, more desperate cases.
Granted, some of his issues may be somewhat fixed by proposed changes to other characters, so I dunno.
That's true, toning down some of the characters that destroy him wouldn't hurt. Also I sometimes forget his grabs used to be unclashable, I didn't play the game at that point and have only know Grundy without that. I think giving him that back would be good, the clash system goes against him so much.

HoneyBee

Flash God Lord
You're clearly biased as a flash player. Flash is not okay, he's ridiculous.

Also, your reasoning on Flash Charge being okay is equally ridiculous. It's fair because you can't just throw it out?? Lol.. you can punish things from extremely far range and get a lot of damage out of it into another mixup cause he's flash. That's not really "fair".
@Anyone Win with Flash at a major and then tell me he's broke. Til then, I'll stand by my arguments.

M2Dave

Zoning Master
@Anyone Win with Flash at a major and then tell me he's broke. Til then, I'll stand by my arguments.
Kenshi confirmed balanced.

Pre-patch Cyborg and Deathstroke confirmed balanced.

It is almost hard to believe that a smart player such as yourself can present such embarrassingly bad arguments.

HoneyBee

Flash God Lord
Kenshi confirmed balanced.

Pre-patch Cyborg and Deathstroke confirmed balanced.

It is almost hard to believe that a smart player such as yourself can present such embarrassingly bad arguments.
I don't comment on anything MK9 related for obvious reasons.

Pre-patch Cyborg and Deathstroke was for an incredibly short time span. If they were still as they were when the game first came out, it's practically guaranteed we would have seen them at the top of tournament standings. We're nearly 2 years into Injustice and STILL no one has won a major with Flash, let alone get top 2.

You're incredibly hypocritical.

Last edited:

MajinBerserker

My power equals yours!
Black Adam
+ Pre patch forward dash
+ You can now MB his bomb on the floor, which makes it blow up whenever you want (similar to Lex's mines)
Yo, these Adam buffs.

Reasonable. The MB Bomb idea would be very fun to play around with (hypothetically).
I might add, a few less frames on start up & recovery of Black Magic. Nothing crazy, just a few frames (2-4). A fun theory, what the heck.

MajinBerserker

My power equals yours!
Black Adam, faster start-up on lightning cage + armor if he has trait available so he can reliably AA, still whiff punishable. B2 is 12 frames, down from 15. Black Magic can be meter burned to catch air borne opponents.:oops:
That Black Magic buff would be interesting. I'd say reasonable since it would cost meter. Lol.
Even more reasonable if you had to wait for the opponent to start their descend while jumping. Just catches higher/easier than regular BM.

M2Dave

Zoning Master

Pre-patch Cyborg and Deathstroke was for an incredibly short time span. If they were still as they were when the game first came out, it's practically guaranteed we would have seen them at the top of tournament standings. We're nearly 2 years into Injustice and STILL no one has won a major with Flash, let alone get top 2.

"Hypocritical"? Based on your usage, I doubt you know what that adjective means.

Nonetheless, even though Pig came very close, nobody has won a major tournament with Zod either. All foolishness and trolling aside, Zod is obviously not a well-balanced character. In fact, he is one of the least well-balanced characters in the game. Zod can shut down one third of the cast with trait, instant aerial Zod balls, and MB low laser. The point is, just because no Zod player has won a major tournament does not mean that Zod is well-balanced. The same is true for The Flash. While he is not as dominant as Zod overall, your ego is blinding you from the truth.

This is actually incorrect. It has existed since at least SFII.

Carry on.
Just because it was "found" in new fighters, doesnt mean it didnt exist. It's just kinda implying that. I didnt write that btw, I thought the font and style would IMPLY that I just copied and pasted that entire thing onto here. I just wanted to quickly explain why alot of cross up non cross up situations dont work in this game. Batmans jump 2 would be sooooo broke if it did exist.

"Hypocritical"? Based on your usage, I doubt you know what that adjective means.

Nonetheless, even though Pig came very close, nobody has won a major tournament with Zod either. All foolishness and trolling aside, Zod is obviously not a well-balanced character. In fact, he is one of the least well-balanced characters in the game. Zod can shut down one third of the cast with trait, instant aerial Zod balls, and MB low laser. The point is, just because no Zod player has won a major tournament does not mean that Zod is well-balanced. The same is true for The Flash. While he is not as dominant as Zod overall, your ego is blinding you from the truth.
Ok im done reading m2dave's threads without repeating to myself :

"he's just a troll, he's just a troll, hes just a troll, hes just a troll"

M2dave Be like:

haketh

Noob

This just in, Vanillia Sagat, Vanillia Akuma, Vanillia Gen, Super Guile, Super Chun, Super Honda, AE Yun, & AE Yang weren't busted.