What's new

Injustice Complete Character Tier List + With Rumored Patch Updated 6-17-13

Duck Nation

Dicks with a future
AK Pig Of The Hut Another question - did you factor in the ease or difficulty of stage countering characters in this list? I feel like a list adjusted that way might cause several placings to move.

Lumpymoomilk

Online Punching Bag
For those saying how Lobo is really good and underrated. What exactly does he have that I'm missing? slow normals? 1 armored special that doesn't start armor till halfway through and is totally punishable on block, almost no range on shotgun, no real good wake up options, has a tough time against strong zoning. Are you sure you guys aren't just having something similar to early days Doomsday syndrome? Where he seems better than he is because you don't know the match up. What does he have that makes him that much better as a character? I play him I'd like to know the secret.

Duck Nation

Dicks with a future
For those saying how Lobo is really good and underrated. What exactly does he have that I'm missing? slow normals? 1 armored move that doesn't start armor till halfway through and is totally punishable on block, almost no range on shotgun, no real good wake up options, has a tough time against strong zoning. Are you sure you guys aren't just having something similar to early days Doomsday syndrome? Where he seems better than he is because you don't know the match up. What does he have that makes him that much better as a character? I play him I'd like to know the secret.
For my part, I'm just theorizing. He's got good stuff too, he's not just a pile of shit - but I've actually never lost to a Lobo, either, or even come close to losing to one. I don't consider that in itself any form of concrete evidence, though. I might well be wrong, but dead last sounds very suspicious to me.

Lumpymoomilk

Online Punching Bag
For my part, I'm just theorizing. He's got good stuff too, he's not just a pile of shit - but I've actually never lost to a Lobo, either, or even come close to losing to one. I don't consider that in itself any form of concrete evidence, though. I might well be wrong, but dead last sounds very suspicious to me.
He's decent, don't get me wrong, but being decent in a game vs so many obviously good to super dirty characters he has a hard time not being dead last. He's got some neat tricks/gimmicks. But once people kind of figure those out the matches get really tough. Maybe people will find some really cheesy tech with him though. I'll cross my fingers.

SunLord5

Dualshock 2 User
To all those who say "if KF is so top tier then why is no one playing her?" Has it ever occurred to you that she is probably the least popular DC character in this game or people simply don't have an interest in her? I mean honestly that is one of the weakest arguments I've ever heard for someone not being good. That's like saying "if John petrucci is one of the best known guitarists, why doesn't everyone listen to his music?" Simply speaking, It's called preference.

Not everyone plays top tier like you do for the sake of playing top tier. Some people play the characters they consider their favorite comic book characters (like me with green lantern and sinestro. Started playing them day one because GL is my fave DC comic) or just play the characters with the most interesting game mechanics such as nightwing and WW with stance changes or how easy a character is to pick up and win with from the start with superman doomsday or batman. They could even pick a character based on the play styles they have in other games. A zoner from mk9 will probably be more interested in zoners in this game. It's a simple concept really...

In case that wasn't enough of a good reason. If I was a tourney player and already played green lantern and heard that killer frost was now regarded as better, I wouldn't switch to her. I'd have to learn new combos, new tech, new frame data, new matchups, new everything and then be comfortable enough to apply all these in a highly competitive setting in a relatively short amount of time. All of this for a character I don't even really like and then I'm expected to main her because she's better? I don't think so, man. Tier lists are speculation and theory just as much as they are based on results, especially early on in a games lifespan.

TL;DR: fuck you, read my shit.

The main reasons I picked Killer Frost is because I like forcing people to stand and close range specials that grant a combo. I don't think she's #1!

To other people you can punish slide every time after you push her to mid range by jumping backwards and hitting attack. If you failed usually you won't be hit by daggers or iceberg. You can't get hit by Iceberg as you hit the ground 99% of the time. Btw daggers vertical hitbox is pretty small.
Slide does not get priority over anything, you can even throw her while she is sliding before it even finished...it's not 100% safe lol who says that.

ApertureBlack

The Only Player On The Wii U
Is there a tier list based on tourny results at all?

I understand people think Frost is Good, but I clearly see Black Adam, Aquaman, and Superman having better results where they matter. Id like to see something based on current tourny results if that is possible.

cirkusfreaksho

All in a day's work
Is there a tier list based on tourny results at all?

I understand people think Frost is Good, but I clearly see Black Adam, Aquaman, and Superman having better results where they matter. Id like to see something based on current tourny results if that is possible.
i agree...i honestly dont believe shes the strongest char in the game but she is def up there. Once ppl get more used to her then she wont be so much of a threat...anyone remember mileena being high almost s tier at one point then she dropped once ppl figured her out. All the haters need to stop crying about her and go to the lab and learn the matchup

Basing a tierlist off of tourney results really doesn't illustrate character standings at all. But, if you want one, why not just go look-up the top 8's of all the majors and post the results. TADA! tierlist!

It tends to show things that arent available when using opinions though.

It also shows things like... Who had the easiest route to Top X? Who had counter picks. Which player has the intangibles that allow them to win maybe even despite their characters shortfalls.

It also shows more about the current meta of the game, than the potential of the characters. Early in a games life there is a big gap between the current meta and the future meta. Lot's of longtime, and 'pro' players are able to see at least a hint of what the future Meta is, despite what the current meta might be.

I really think both approaches tell you something significant, don't get me wrong, but I feel like the results based list has a tendency to mislead people about the future of the game, while the theory based lists mislead people about the current nature of the game.

ApertureBlack

The Only Player On The Wii U
It also shows things like... Who had the easiest route to Top X? Who had counter picks. Which player has the intangibles that allow them to win maybe even despite their characters shortfalls.

It also shows more about the current meta of the game, than the potential of the characters. Early in a games life there is a big gap between the current meta and the future meta. Lot's of longtime, and 'pro' players are able to see at least a hint of what the future Meta is, despite what the current meta might be.

I really think both approaches tell you something significant, don't get me wrong, but I feel like the results based list has a tendency to mislead people about the future of the game, while the theory based lists mislead people about the current nature of the game.

Well understood, its just some people are confused as to the tier list, as many people like choosing good characters based on results. I cant tell you how many people believe BA is at the very least 3rd.

But yes, you do have a point.

REO

Undead
For those saying how Lobo is really good and underrated. What exactly does he have that I'm missing? slow normals? 1 armored special that doesn't start armor till halfway through and is totally punishable on block, almost no range on shotgun, no real good wake up options, has a tough time against strong zoning. Are you sure you guys aren't just having something similar to early days Doomsday syndrome? Where he seems better than he is because you don't know the match up. What does he have that makes him that much better as a character? I play him I'd like to know the secret.

what do u expect from a bunch of goons who don't even main lobo saying hes unexplored and secretly top? i bet u anything if these guys actually tried maining lobo for weeks they would see hes just ur average character and nothing to write home about

The main reasons I picked Killer Frost is because I like forcing people to stand and close range specials that grant a combo. I don't think she's #1!

To other people you can punish slide every time after you push her to mid range by jumping backwards and hitting attack. If you failed usually you won't be hit by daggers or iceberg. You can't get hit by Iceberg as you hit the ground 99% of the time. Btw daggers vertical hitbox is pretty small.
Slide does not get priority over anything, you can even throw her while she is sliding before it even finished...it's not 100% safe lol who says that.
AK Pig Of The Hut
general m2dave

what r ur thoughts on the IQ of the poster above me w/ those high level anti kf strats?

ceemurda

Tha BLakk ROBOCOP
i agree...i honestly dont believe shes the strongest char in the game but she is def up there. Once ppl get more used to her then she wont be so much of a threat...anyone remember mileena being high almost s tier at one point then she dropped once ppl figured her out. All the haters need to stop crying about her and go to the lab and learn the matchup

from what I read, people have figured her out...... but then again thats what I read and not seen lol... I would use her but I love my low tier character cyborg

SunLord5

Dualshock 2 User
Killer Frost is #1 on the tier list of most blister inducing character in the game.
Black Adam
- dive kick has a couple of more recovery frames
- more damage scaling after MB lightning cage

Killer Frost
- significantly less advantage on trait cancels
- more damage scaling after slide

So Pig lists Deathstroke in mid tier and no one minds. I list Deathstroke in mid tier and I get harassed. I know there are some fools out there who believe Deathstroke is top tier. Show yourselves so I can ridicule you.

Also, Zod will be no higher than high mid tier. I was told that E3 presented the beta version of Zod. He will be less powerful when he is released.
Good thing he is only backed up by sarcasm and the only person on the entire internet to post this rumor. M2dave is top on the tier list of most postings of nerf demanding & Deathstroke downplaying.

Pig Of The Hut

Day 0 Phenomenal Dr. Fate and Darkseid player
what do u expect from a bunch of goons who don't even main lobo saying hes unexplored and secretly top? i bet u anything if these guys actually tried maining lobo for weeks they would see hes just ur average character and nothing to write home about

AK Pig Of The Hut
general m2dave

what r ur thoughts on the IQ of the poster above me w/ those high level anti kf strats?
I literally got dumber

**throw slide on reaction