What's new

Injustice - Black Adam vs Raven PAX East Gameplay from IGN

Vilén

too smart to play MKX
It could actually be some help to characters that have a lack-luster corner game. Easy big damage and it can reset the environment in their favor again.

Even in theory, the possible meta-game for Injustice is very exciting.
Good point. I didn't consider characters with bad corner games as a possibility. Still don't think we'll be seeing a lot of this. Until EVO grand finals and Wizz is like "yeah, do all dat flashy shit."

Outside of that (online), stage transitions will really just open a huge window for your opponent to ragequit on you.

I'll admit though... If I've got the meter at the right point and place in the round, I truly can't envision ending the fight any other way.

EDIT: My big wish about these things though is that after watching one character get thrown down 20 stories of floors and ceilings, or bouncing upwards through the projects, instead of the character that performed the transition just popping in off screen like "HAI GUYZ, I JUST DID THAT SHIT", there was more of a clear visual indication that they actually followed the character they sent on that journey. Especially on the ones that send you straight down.

hecterrific

Premium Supporter
Premium Supporter
NetherRealm Studios
He does say "kinda" 20 million times per interview, though.
Once you hear it, you can't hear away. It's like when you're watching a trailer for a movie ... they blend in a black screen at least 15-20 times per trailer. It's terrible, once you realized that.
I kinda like the fact that you kinda listen to every syllable I say and kinda feel obligated to kinda spend time out of your life to kinda write something on a forum to point out something that kinda doesn't matter at all. :)

RYX

BIG PUSHER
Good point. I didn't consider characters with bad corner games as a possibility. Still don't think we'll be seeing a lot of this. Until EVO grand finals and Wizz is like "yeah, do all dat flashy shit."

Outside of that (online), stage transitions will really just open a huge window for your opponent to ragequit on you.

I'll admit though... If I've got the meter at the right point and place in the round, I truly can't envision ending the fight any other way.
must feel real satisfying to end a fight blasting someone through 50 walls

RYX

BIG PUSHER
EDIT: My big wish about these things though is that after watching one character get thrown down 20 stories of floors and ceilings, or bouncing upwards through the projects, instead of the character that performed the transition just popping in off screen like "HAI GUYZ, I JUST DID THAT SHIT", there was more of a clear visual indication that they actually followed the character they sent on that journey. Especially on the ones that send you straight down.
i think they just take the elevator

Briggs8417

Salt Proprietor of TYM
1) I fucking love this game's training mode. I don't think I've ever utilized training mode in a fighting game for anything other than practicing combos. This game might change that. Considering once I get my head around a fighter's metagame and find my character, I maintain a 75% win average in every fighter I play... I'm interested to see if this will have a positive effect on that. I'd love to be kicking 8-8.5 out of every ten asses rather than 7.5...

2) Yeah, I was right about myself pretty early on: stage transitions are not something I'll be using a lot of, if at all. Maybe it's a mental relic from my days of playing Venom in Guilty Gear, but I just can't find the key to rationalizing the act of willfully relinquishing the corner.
1) I agree the training mode is so in depth and looks to be 20,000x more useful than MK9's, which I'm very excited about. I'm going to be spending hundreds of hours in this game's training mode.

2) I see a lot of big damage combo potential in them, but other than that I think it could be useful for characters who don't get as much damage or don't have a great corner game as RYX said. Other than that I would prefer to keep them in the corner too. Not to mention save the meter for all the tons of other things you can do with your meter.

RYX

BIG PUSHER
1) I agree the training mode is so in depth and looks to be 20,000x more useful than MK9's, which I'm very excited about. I'm going to be spending hundreds of hours in this game's training mode.

2) I see a lot of big damage combo potential in them, but other than that I think it could be useful for characters who don't get as much damage or don't have a great corner game as RYX said. Other than that I would prefer to keep them in the corner too. Not to mention save the meter for all the tons of other things you can do with your meter.
Online training mode too. I think that pretty much guarantees a lot of leveling up from people with like-minded friends.

Briggs8417

Salt Proprietor of TYM
Online training mode too. I think that pretty much guarantees a lot of leveling up from people with like-minded friends.
That is one of the things I am MOST excited about for this game. I can go online and not have to worry about a record or anything if I want to, and just invite a friend to practice with me for however long I want. Seeing how I don't have much of an MK scene here, and I don't see the Street Fighter guys sticking with Injustice for too long because they never play anything other than Street Fighter, online training mode will probably be my best friend in the whole world.

RYX

BIG PUSHER
That is one of the things I am MOST excited about for this game. I can go online and not have to worry about a record or anything if I want to, and just invite a friend to practice with me for however long I want. Seeing how I don't have much of an MK scene here, and I don't see the Street Fighter guys sticking with Injustice for too long because they never play anything other than Street Fighter, online training mode will probably be my best friend in the whole world.
I think it'll be nice to get steady AA practice with an actual person helping you get them down than it will for the AI in MK just jumping in place(which didn't help me with anything other than the combos, I'm still fucking terrible at pulling them off)

Briggs8417

Salt Proprietor of TYM
I think it'll be nice to get steady AA practice with an actual person helping you get them down than it will for the AI in MK just jumping in place(which didn't help me with anything other than the combos, I'm still fucking terrible at pulling them off)
With the number of things that a lot of people are going to have to adjust to in this game, it will help with way more than that my friend. :)

Hellbringer

1 2 3 drink

Yeh lol, how many times i cursed mk9 for not being able to train against punishing mileena's/kung lao's teleport :mad:

RYX

BIG PUSHER
With the number of things that a lot of people are going to have to adjust to in this game, it will help with way more than that my friend. :)
It will be plenty; adjusting to cross-ups, both reacting/punishing them and defending them when you have to.

While I do think this will definitely help, I think people should rent SSF4 like I'm planning on and learning it so their fundamentals have a leg up from the start.

Briggs8417

Salt Proprietor of TYM
It will be plenty; adjusting to cross-ups, both reacting/punishing them and defending them when you have to.

While I do think this will definitely help, I think people should rent SSF4 like I'm planning on and learning it so their fundamentals have a leg up from the start.
I was referring more so to stage interactions, and how to use them in game. For example, knowing what parts of the stage will allow you to wall bounce and knowing what their ranges are, but that is very true too. Adjusting to cross ups is just a simple recognition of hitboxes and jump ranges really, you could easily figure out how to deal with them in this training mode, Especially since now there is a record function.

trufenix

bye felicia
Now that I've cleaned myself up, it is odd that Paulo would say Adam's no zoner, but he's got a trait that absorbs incoming projectiles, and that amazing full screen lightning projectile. His power shot looks mad weak too, no range.

This game is gonna be amazing.

Briggs8417

Salt Proprietor of TYM
I don't know, it feels pretty fucking good when you just crouch and extend your foot and she just goes over your head.
Yeah but if I actually hit her with standing 1 ex fb for full combo in that very small window. I straight up put the controller down and say, "I won, it doesn't matter what you do to me now."

Reactions: RYX

Briggs8417

Salt Proprietor of TYM
Now that I've cleaned myself up, it is odd that Paulo would say Adam's no zoner, but he's got a trait that absorbs incoming projectiles, and that amazing full screen lightning projectile. His power shot looks mad weak too, no range.

This game is gonna be amazing.
The trait absorbs projectiles, making it easier for him to get in. The Lightning projectile is good, but also the fact that the power shot has no range would indicate that you need to be up close and in someone's face to use it. His ex dive kick bounds extending combos, and his orbs make his dive kick safe making it even easier to get in that ass. Not to mention they have also said that he does huge damage on top of that. All signs point to more of a rushdown character to me. However Hector did say he had zoning capability so he could be able to do a little of both. It just seems to me that he would do better getting in that ass. (From what I know and what I've seen, but I don't have the game so you know...;_; )

trufenix

bye felicia
The trait absorbs projectiles, making it easier for him to get in. The Lightning projectile is good, but also the fact that the power shot has no range would indicate that you need to be up close and in someone's face to use it. His ex dive kick bounds extending combos, and his orbs make his dive kick safe making it even easier to get in that ass. Not to mention they have also said that he does huge damage on top of that. All signs point to more of a rushdown character to me. However Hector did say he had zoning capability so he could be able to do a little of both. It just seems to me that he would do better getting in that ass. (From what I know and what I've seen, but I don't have the game so you know...;_; )
See the fact that his dive kick is full screen and only combos / safe via EX makes it seems more like a zone tool than a rush down tool to me, for full screen hit confirms / punishes ala Arrow's Ice Arrow or Grundy's EX hands. Same thing with the trait bolts, given they cause no hit stun, you would have no reason to use them point blank, unelss they do the valentine thing (and boy do I want that). Meanwhile, he's got that amazing full screen lightning cloud projectile and that get off me ground pound.

You may be right, and I could be totally wrong tho. We could find out he has some amazingh igh low mixups or a really great crossup or some kinda meterless safe approach tool that screams rush down as well. This footage is all garbage from a technical standpoint and I'm just grasping at straws cause I'm hype as hell.

Jeddite

Soul Kollector
actually neither Black Adam nor Raven are zoning characterz
BA has (1) Full screen almost instant projectile (2) a Long, mid and short ranged trap (3) a mid to full screen instant cloud attack, and (4) a full screen dive kick. I think its safe to call him a zone character, even absent dhalsimesc pokes.