What's new

Injustice - Black Adam vs Raven PAX East Gameplay from IGN

Briggs8417

Salt Proprietor of TYM
See the fact that his dive kick is full screen and only combos / safe via EX makes it seems more like a zone tool than a rush down tool to me, for full screen hit confirms / punishes ala Arrow's Ice Arrow or Grundy's EX hands. Same thing with the trait bolts, given they cause no hit stun, you would have no reason to use them point blank, unelss they do the valentine thing (and boy do I want that). Meanwhile, he's got that amazing full screen lightning cloud projectile and that get off me ground pound.

You may be right, and I could be totally wrong tho. We could find out he has some amazingh igh low mixups or a really great crossup or some kinda meterless safe approach tool that screams rush down as well. This footage is all garbage from a technical standpoint and I'm just grasping at straws cause I'm hype as hell.
That is way more a an counter zoning tool than anything dude, it's Black Adam saying, "If you want to throw projectiles, I'm to turn on my orbs and full combo punish your ass." It seems to me that the number one reason to use the trait bolts is to simply get in on zoners. They do a little bit of extra damage too and since they don't cause hit stun they won't mess up your combos, except mayb effect the gravity a little more.

Briggs8417

Salt Proprietor of TYM
BA has (1) Full screen almost instant projectile (2) a Long, mid and short ranged trap (3) a mid to full screen instant cloud attack, and (4) a full screen dive kick. I think its safe to call him a zone character, even absent dhalsimesc pokes.
He isn't a zoner...this is the last time I'm going to say it. ALSO, DIVE KICKS AREN'T FOR ZONING CHARACTERS! SO STAHP!

Briggs8417

Salt Proprietor of TYM
hey bro, its cool man. You can play him however you want. I'm just saying it looks at this point like it could go either way. Dudes got a lot of full screen tools.
I'm totally not mad...I'm just foolin' lol. He seems to get the best of both worlds if I were to be honest.

IceNine

Tired, But Strong
I've been kind of hoping that Black Adam is a well rounded character with options at any range, and I hope it pans out that way :p

I'm looking to main a zoning character and sub a character that's not exactly that niche, and I'd love for BA to fit into the latter category if his up close and personal skills fit the bill.

Vilén

too smart to play MKX
I really think over time Black Adam will evolve into a really decent pressure character.

Using my pre-release metagame prediction token on that.

CCVengeance

The one guy hoping for Kai
Intersting to me the fact that both of this characters didnt impressed me when revealed but now they look awesome!
I especially like that NRS really captured the essence of Black Adam as a more spell-casting, more brutal version of Shazam.
Raven looks a bit better now.

MisterSpyker

The 6'4 King
He does say "kinda" 20 million times per interview, though.
Once you hear it, you can't hear away. It's like when you're watching a trailer for a movie ... they blend in a black screen at least 15-20 times per trailer. It's terrible, once you realized that.
Yeah lol, noticed that as well, it's not that bad, but when you start noticing it you just can't stop lol. Like people who keep saying "ahh" before starting every sentence.

Vilén

too smart to play MKX
BA has (1) Full screen almost instant projectile (2) a Long, mid and short ranged trap (3) a mid to full screen instant cloud attack, and (4) a full screen dive kick. I think its safe to call him a zone character, even absent dhalsimesc pokes.
I missed this twelve hours ago, but LOL did you srsly just correct a dude who worked on the game about what a character does and doesn't do/is and is not?

This forum is fucking hilarious.

Jeddite

Soul Kollector
I missed this twelve hours ago, but LOL did you srsly just correct a dude who worked on the game about what a character does and doesn't do/is and is not?

This forum is fucking hilarious.
Answer to your question: Yes. Pro player who tested Arturo, Hektor C, SRK, and gameplay footage all point to him being a zoner. Just because he can engage at close does not mean he is not a zoner. That's like saying Deathstroke is not a zoner because he has a sword and can combo without using guns.

But hey, I get it, gospel according to Colt. Praise be to his opinion.

IMO, we should take this opinion of him not being a zoner to another thread, maybe classify BA as a hybrid only to validate the opinion. Someone get on it!

RYX

BIG PUSHER
Answer to your question: Yes. Pro player who tested Arturo, Hektor C, SRK, and gameplay footage all point to him being a zoner. Just because he can engage at close does not mean he is not a zoner. That's like saying Deathstroke is not a zoner because he has a sword and can combo without using guns.

But hey, I get it, gospel according to Colt. Praise be to his opinion.

IMO, we should take this opinion of him not being a zoner to another thread, maybe classify BA as a hybrid only to validate the opinion. Someone get on it!
Having tools built for close quarters and being able to do combos are two different things.

We really haven't seen much of Black Adam and about the same with Slade but it's very accurate to say he's a Zoner and it's plausible to speculate he'll have hybrid traits. ;)

Jeddite

Soul Kollector
Having tools built for close quarters and being able to do combos are two different things.

We really haven't seen much of Black Adam and about the same with Slade but it's very accurate to say he's a Zoner and it's plausible to speculate he'll have hybrid traits. ;)
Completely agree. 100%.

Reactions: RYX

Ceflapod

Noob
I just noticed that when Black Adam does his super the damage stops once Raven's first bar of health is gone which is kind of stupid in my opinion

Jeddite

Soul Kollector
I just noticed that when Black Adam does his super the damage stops once Raven's first bar of health is gone which is kind of stupid in my opinion
Meh, the alternative is have no built in round system. I prefer it the way its implemented.

That's part of the meter management strategy. For example, if you use a super when your opponent only has a sliver of health left, not only will you lose all of your meter, you don't even get the full super animation. Honestly, I'm going to use the supers as either match finishers or ways to come back from a match that I'm losing badly.

Zoidberg747

My blades will find your heart
That's part of the meter management strategy. For example, if you use a super when your opponent only has a sliver of health left, not only will you lose all of your meter, you don't even get the full super animation. Honestly, I'm going to use the supers as either match finishers or ways to come back from a match that I'm losing badly.
Depending on the super you most likely wont use them at all. EX moves are often great way to finish rounds and you need meter to start comboing to get the comeback.