What's new

Injustice - Black Adam vs Raven PAX East Gameplay from IGN

Circus

Part-Time Kano Hostage
Nice video. Since yesterday all I've wanted to see is Ares though. Killer Frost too for that matter.

I don't have a main yet because I want to break down every single character when the game is actually released. I just want to know what the basic style of all the characters are first. Ugh.... just show us Ares and Killer Frost already this is making me crazy.

Jeddite

Soul Kollector
Nice video. Since yesterday all I've wanted to see is Ares though. Killer Frost too for that matter.

I don't have a main yet because I want to break down every single character when the game is actually released. I just want to know what the basic style of all the characters are first. Ugh.... just show us Ares and Killer Frost already this is making me crazy.
I have a sneaking suspicion the Ares reveal with shift many mains.

Vilén

too smart to play MKX
Someone needs to say some shit about Raven's trait/gimmick... Fuck it, let's be honest: Raven's Drive.

Is it like an A.B.A. Moroha situation where it's always better to be in demon stance? Or is it like a Gen Mantis/Crane thing where you need to know when to switch?

Is it like normal stance is for shit like range and combos where as demon turns her into a mixup character? I DON'T KNOW WTF THEY'RE GOING FOR HERE BECAUSE NO ONE WILL SAY ANYTHING.

I love how Hector's like "BOTH THESE GUYZ ARE ZONERS" as Black Adam immediately initiates an off-the-bat blitzkrieg, then immediately says that Raven is an in-your-face character.

Raven, I couldn't say. She looks like she's got a lot of shit but there aren't any explanations to any of the flashiness. Adam looks more like he'll evolve into a lockdown character.

JJocelot

Don't give up!
Yaaaaaaaaaaaaaay somebody mentioning Guilty Gear! Sweet.

I was wondering about Raven's modes too. I mean when she's devil triggered does she keep her specials from regular mode plus the stuff from the transformation like Dante in MvC3? If so, I can definitely see an A.B.A type thing going on where Mahora ends up your goal.
Ehh but who knows.

Vilén

too smart to play MKX
Yaaaaaaaaaaaaaay somebody mentioning Guilty Gear! Sweet.

I was wondering about Raven's modes too. I mean when she's devil triggered does she keep her specials from regular mode plus the stuff from the transformation like Dante in MvC3? If so, I can definitely see an A.B.A type thing going on where Mahora ends up your goal.
Ehh but who knows.
In keeping with ArcSys references... considering you can switch freely and demon mode has a meter that bleeds fast, I'm guessing she'll be more like Izayoi:

1. Fill screen with shit
2. Build meter
3. Press dat Drive button
4. ????
5. PROFIT!

JJocelot

Don't give up!
In keeping with ArcSys references... considering you can switch freely and demon mode has a meter that bleeds fast, I'm guessing she'll be more like Izayoi:

1. Fill screen with shit
2. Build meter
3. Press dat Drive button
4. ????
5. PROFIT!
So Raven is Izayoi with auto rechargable Grand Am Mode? Sounds legit!

Vilén

too smart to play MKX
Here's my logic as to why this game is going to be balanced as fuck barring any infinites (but those can get tweaked out, so who gives a fuck?)

- Every character I've seen or read about looks/sounds broken
- If every character looks/sounds broken, they aren't

Voila.

Spinky

Neutral Skipper
It may just be me, but I think Raven's face looked a little better in this video.
Same, not sure if it's because they've changed it up a bit or if it's because I'm used to it. I think they have done some improvements though, WW's looked a little better to me too.

Briggs8417

Salt Proprietor of TYM
Raven looks so much more interesting in this trailer, although I did love her debut. Really excited to hear she's a versatile character.

Rushdown and zoning, makes me think of Kitana.
All I know is Adam is going to be a baws!

Sent from my PG86100 using Tapatalk 2

PANDEMlC

El Psy Congroo
Black Adam is just sooo.. badass looking. That posture while he fights is one of the main reasons but everything he does, he does in a BA way. Snaps his fingers like a boss, dive kicks like a boss, back dashes like a boss.

BA = Bad Ass/Black Adam

Vilén

too smart to play MKX
Black Adam is just sooo.. badass looking. That posture while he fights is one of the main reasons but everything he does, he does in a BA way. Snaps his fingers like a boss, dive kicks like a boss, back dashes like a boss.

BA = Bad Ass/Black Adam
B.A. skin for Black Adam.

Mulder

King of Heroes
This also confirms that you get a damaged costume. Black Adam's costume has all kinds of tears and holes in it in his victory pose.

Not feeling Black Adam like some others here. Green Lantern, Aquaman and Deathstroke impressed me more while watching the PAX streams.

I love hearing Hector talk, doesn't sound like awkward PR guy, sounds normal and makes me want to pay attention. Lol.
He does say "kinda" 20 million times per interview, though.
Once you hear it, you can't hear away. It's like when you're watching a trailer for a movie ... they blend in a black screen at least 15-20 times per trailer. It's terrible, once you realized that.