What's new

IGAU: Official Patch Notes v1.06 (9/24/2013) + "Mystery Skin & NRS Live Stream regarding changes"

JRosa21

Noob
I am also heartbroken that GL is still one of the scrubbiest, most powerful, most boring, most linear characters in the game.
I'm also heartbroken you seem to be butt hurt about him. who keeps bodying you with him to make you feel this way??? lol jk don't really mind those comments.

chief713

Vertebral Subluxationist
Wakeup Parry and wakeup Slide. They aren't the most useful things in the world, but at least they are some options for people not to literally walk up on wakeup and slap any string of their choice on you for free. He's up there on the "worst wakeups" though.

I'm honestly dumbfonded by this shit. Raven got so shafted.
Those attacks are beyond terrible on wakeup. Raven's nowhere near as good as Batman, but she definitely has a better wakeup game.

shaowebb

Get your guns on. Sheriff is back.
I'm not surprised.

As much as I think it would help the game, it's too huge of a change to implement in a patch.
It would send ripples across the whole game and you would basically have to rebalance everything around the improved walk speed.
I wanted the walk speed too, but it would mess with things a lot. Its easier to just mess with dashes than to touch walk speed.

Zatanna got some great buffs. They didn't nerf the chip damage on Aquaman's Trident Rush..why? I'm gonna miss MMHs b12 being a hard knockdown. Other than that the changes are fantastic.

John Grizzly

The axe that clears the forest
Harley's trait got NERFED?!?!?! Am I reading this right?

Other than a couple things, the patch seems ok.

Nice knowing you, Black Adam. You will not be missed. Hopefully Superman's nerfs are legit because they didn't detail them much at all.

Hopefully that hitbox adjustment to Superman's F2 means it's a high lol.
how should he get in then? explain me pls, because lantern still has his b1 and batman still has his j2. How superman would get in if f2 is a high? he doesn't have a single good standing overhead and 1 already is a high, 2 is 10 frames and slow a shit so how he should get in?

CongoFury

Levi Cancel Sorcery
All that was stated was those were not buffs for them, they were fixes. Nobody said anything about Raven being perfect.

She is one of the more well balanced characters though. Her wake ups are one of her weaknesses...everyone should have some to keep them balanced.

I've always been an advocate of fixing mids for the entire roster, most of the cast's mids in strings and normals don't appear to be getting adjusted that have the whiffing issue so it's not just Raven being excluded.

I think I commented first on raven not being mention in this patch a few pages ago...But I came to the conclusion that she must be one of the most balance characters to the developers then if she wasnt mention and or touched..

Circus

Part-Time Kano Hostage
Those attacks are beyond terrible on wakeup. Raven's nowhere near as good as Batman, but she definitely has a better wakeup game.
Go to practice mode, pick Raven, set her wakeup anything, sweep her, and just walk up and press any string against her. Just test it out.

Because she only has about 5 frames of invincibility on her wakeup the odds of getting hit by her wakeup is actually not even in her favor. It you do a multi hitting move on wakeup on her it's even worst, she could do nothing about it.

So if someone like Lex knocks you down with Meterburn unlockable air strike missles, he could do it again, and again, and again without Raven having enough invinicbility to literally do anything about it.

By looking at her moves people would THINK she has some decent wakeups, but because the lack of invincibility on them it's just horrible.

I'm done though. I feel like I'm wahwah'ing on an M2Dave level. I'm just going to walk away from tym before I pass out from shaking my head at the lack of Raven fixes.

Pho Cubic

Sérieusement Sabrewulf peut aller en enfer.
how should he get in then? explain me pls, because lantern still has his b1 and batman still has his j2. How superman would get in if f2 is a high? he doesn't have a single good standing overhead and 1 already is a high, 2 is 10 frames and slow a shit so how he should get in?

Hey don't get mad at me. I didn't design a character with only one viable string & nothing else. That's NRS's fault. The question is how do you nerf one of the best characters in the game when they mostly rely on one string?

We'll see what the F2 hitbox adjustment means in the patch. I would have rather had f2 be slower, but if they made it a high sucks for you bro lol.

shaowebb

Get your guns on. Sheriff is back.
BA got hit hard. He can't snag folks out of the air with his down lightning since its only low now and that mobility reduction will be noticeable when compounded with his trait nerfs. I dont think I've seen a BA who couldn't run or ignore frame traps easily. This will make the Bane vs Black Adam Matchup a lot better for me for certain.

Honestly though folks should've been using his tools to get in not stay out. BA has good damage. Why run all day?