What's new

IGAU: Official Patch Notes v1.06 (9/24/2013) + "Mystery Skin & NRS Live Stream regarding changes"

Hey don't get mad at me. I didn't design a character with only one viable string & nothing else. That's NRS's fault. The question is how do you nerf one of the best characters in the game when they mostly rely on one string?
look at the supes nerfs. Zooning got nerfed, super got nerfed, combos got nerfed, heat zap scaling got nerfed and f2 got nerfed too. How he can still be a superior character when you can react to every overhead he has? blocking low the whole match is way more easy than standing block and not even his air heat vision is and overhead only with meter and thats reactable as shit. Also, green lanterns air oas rocket is an overhead. the only good mixup is his jd3 and thats punishible as shit plus hard to do it. Other characters have easy vortex and free mixups. Also flying punch can't even start a combo. Now you know what this character will become? a Heat Zap spammer.

Akromaniac27

Ready to lose your head?
Pretty damn satisfied at the notes :D

I really was hoping for Raven to get a buff...like actually having invincibility on wake up, or b2 becoming an overhead so she can at least have a decent 50/50...you know the MU, you realize you can just duck against her pretty much the entire time -______-

Aquaman, GL, MMH, still getting off free, not surprised....

As for OTG's, hope you guys realize WW isn't the only one with it, and it's literally like only in the corner to be effective. Correct me if I'm wrong, but doesn't GL still have a handful of OTG's even with these notes? MMH still does, now Zatanna's will be more viable and hers is actually on +, etc.

Annoyed though that WW's stance switching combo will still break on Hawkgirl, and ONLY Hawkgirl since there's no mention of it -____________________-

shaowebb

Get your guns on. Sheriff is back.
I wonder who Chris G will use as his back up now with Black Adam having those nerfs...maybe go back to Solomon Grundy as his backup?

FrozenG3oX

<3 gimmicks
Wow...this was A LOT more changes than I thought would happen.

The menu changes are awesome! Finally, instant rematch online! And an offline rematch on pause menu! Fantastic for solving button check speeds, as well as speeding up the process on losing.

2 bars for MB interactable? Perfect change.

MB bounce changes are pretty good, too. That makes them a lot more viable for MBing through interactables. This also is a pretty sizable buff to the wakeup game.

How did Aquaman get away with just that...?

GL escaped with minimal damage...minigun still not a projectile and b1 still intact :)...no fix to f2 and b23 hitboxes, though. :(

Shazam trait scales properly now...? Not good. At least the MB versions of his throws were confirmed to get the damage increase, which, I guess makes it a little better.

LOL at Black Adam changes. Damn. At least they fixed black magic. Supes changes are pretty minimal, though, in comparison, unless the damage scaling is that bad now. Super change is welcome, though, so now -5 is the cutoff for complete safety.

No walkspeed buff. Man... :(

This patch is gonna be fun.
what more did you want ? honestly, I never felt you had a good understanding on this game...

Pho Cubic

Sérieusement Sabrewulf peut aller en enfer.
look at the supes nerfs. Zooning got nerfed, super got nerfed, combos got nerfed, heat zap scaling got nerfed and f2 got nerfed too. How he can still be a superior character when you can react to every overhead he has? blocking low the whole match is way more easy than standing block and not even his air heat vision is and overhead only with meter and thats reactable as shit. Also, green lanterns air oas rocket is an overhead. the only good mixup is his jd3 and thats punishible as shit plus hard to do it. Other characters have easy vortex and free mixups.

Like I said earlier, we'll see what the hitbox change on f2 means. I didn't patch the game man I'm just speculating/trolling. If I patched Supes, I would've just made f2 startup slower, slowed his meter building a bit, & nerfed the damage scaling off heat zap hard. His zoning isn't the problem....it's his rushdown. I would've left the safe lasers alone, but like I said I didn't patch the game.

RunwayMafia

Shoot them. Shoot them all.
You think Raven is perfect?

She needs some strings and wakeup fixes too man. Standing 3 whiffs on some crouching opponents, and her wakeups have like 4 frames of invincibility on moves that are 13 and 20 frames.
Oh don't you worry brother...HawkGirl still has some janky ass shit that needs to go. Her B2 is not a true mid and on some crouching opponents can only connect if they are inhaling...so please, Raven is still fine and deadly. ;)

Endeavor

I'll live a villain, before I die a hero.
Correct me if I'm wrong @KTsmith, did we just lose our vortex?
Yes you just lost your vortex, and every turbine set up in the game. GL lost his 2 FRAME OTG abilities, while, Superman, and WW kept her +6 guaranteed in the corner... and he got no walk speed or dash buff.....ok well "Balanced" NRS...ggs injustice, I'm done.

chemist4hire

I Got Guiled
The superman f2 hitbox change may mean its more susceptible to being jumped in on or that a well timed sweep will duck the hitbox and catch him. I think the former is more likely. The huge hitbox on it is why you cant jump back away from it at the start of round and you are forced into blocking.

Yes you just lost your vortex, and every turbine set up in the game. GL lost his 2 FRAME OTG abilities, while, Superman, and WW kept her +6 guaranteed in the corner... and he got no walk speed or dash buff.....ok well "Balanced" NRS...ggs injustice, I'm done.
really complaining about superman after all those nerfs? do you even know the character? also way to go for complaining about his ONLY viable overhead.

THTB

Arez | Booya | Riu48 - Rest Easy, Friends
what more did you want ? honestly, I never felt you had a good understanding on this game...
Tbh, I'm surprised his trait wasn't nerfed any further. I didn't think anything else would get changed, really, but I'm surprised that the active time wasn't altered any.

Fred Marvel

It's actually Freddy Marvel
what? i thought it just took the anti wakeups away (j2 and standing 2)
please dont let this be true
and shazam trait nerf? wat lol
also did anyone else notice they did nothing to change how powerful zoning is?