What's new

IGAU: Official Patch Notes v1.06 (9/24/2013) + "Mystery Skin & NRS Live Stream regarding changes"

shaowebb

Get your guns on. Sheriff is back.
Lol, when reading the patch notes I noticed I didn't see Raven, so I went though all the patch notes and the character list to see if anyone else was unchanged, and it was just her.

I'm surprised they didn't try and give her new teleports like Ares at the very least.
Honestly it seems weird she wasn't even listed to say *no changes* so I pm-ed Boon to ask if she is really unchanged or accidently got left off the notes.

colt

sinestro unchanged. green lantern unchanged. wonderwoman unchanged. mmh buffed. zod nerfed. black adam unnecessecarily made worse than scorpion. what the actual fuck?

glad that after explaining what the cyborg buff actually does, its wha ti was hoping for. cyborg is godlike now lol
Oh Really now?

PunkMafia83

PSN: YaRnToNpUnKMAFIA
Hi. I am stupid. Can someone please explain the green lantern section? The one part I don't really get! Thanks.

RunwayMafia

Shoot them. Shoot them all.
Some of these are rather ambiguous.
1.) Batgirl's nerf to her hurtbox..."is now vulnerable to a wide array of attacks"...mmmm k
2.)I like the nerfs to Superman and Black Adam
3.) COULD HAVE NERFED GREEN LANTERN MUCH HARDER
4.) Excited for Cat Dash with two hits of armor...only if the first hit of armor comes out instantly.
5.)Amazed that Killer Frost received a parry buff...lol love it.
6.) Very annoyed with the hawkgirl notes. All she needed were "fixes" on what is obviously programming errors. For example; her B2 is supposed to hit mid, but if the opponent is ducking it will only connect if the opponent who is crouching is also inhaling (not kidding). Randomly, after a whiffed MB Mace Toss, she will hover in like 1700 recovery frames, and it seems random when it happens. Her B3/F3 are slow as shit and are basically useless. The recovery time on mace tosses are unacceptable. Her Heavenly Stomp (D3 from the air) USED TO and SHOULD BE a hard knock down. *sigh*

Pig Of The Hut

Day 0 Phenomenal Dr. Fate and Darkseid player
sinestro unchanged. green lantern unchanged. wonderwoman unchanged. mmh buffed. zod nerfed. black adam unnecessecarily made worse than scorpion. what the actual fuck?

glad that after explaining what the cyborg buff actually does, its wha ti was hoping for. cyborg is godlike now lol
Sinestro was buffed

ZOD is fine, removal of the glitch and parry glitch on his trait is huge

Lord Hollow

The Sage Of Michigan.
Input Buffering in Advanced Controls - After Blocking in Advanced Controls, you can now buffer special moves without resetting to a neutral position on the controller.

Am I stupid, or does this mean with Advanced Controls on, you can more easily do D1~Special?
After I block and attack with Lobo say, a projectile, if I tried to immediately do a Hook Charge (b,d,f+3), the back input would not be counted, resulting in him doing just a f+3 attack. After blocking, I had to go to neutral to kinda reset the inputs, then perform the motion, which was insanely annoying, especially in an intense match. Now, the system is going to count my blocking back as a part of the attack motion. Oh, Happy day!

ForeverKing

Patreon.com/MK_ForeverKing
WAIT A FUCKING SECOND!!!!!!

Every single fucking character in the game gets a change except Raven? Literally every single character except her?!?!?! WTF?!!?!?!? No one has even mentioned it yet. It's like she's the ugly forgotten child of Injustice.

I'm not begging for anything significant because it's not like she's not good, but the whore has absolutely no wakeups still. Any and all strings or just a walk up grab will stuff both Singularity and Soul Crush on wakeup. Ares and Raven were tied for worst wakeups in the game and Ares gets the ability to teleport away for free but Raven still gets nothing?!??!

I'm honestly pissed. Anything could have done honestly. ANYTHING.

I agree that Raven should have got buffed. But she doesn't have the worst wakeup game, it's better than Batman's lol

Akae47

Noob
I guess WW will be on the Nerf Lynch Mob most wanted list now. I am I the only one that thinks the patch isnt bad? Can we wait until it is available? Stay objective people

vegeta

Saiyan Prince
WAIT A FUCKING SECOND!!!!!!

Every single fucking character in the game gets a change except Raven? Literally every single character except her?!?!?! WTF?!!?!?!? No one has even mentioned it yet. It's like she's the ugly forgotten child of Injustice.

I'm not begging for anything significant because it's not like she's not good, but the whore has absolutely no wakeups still. Any and all strings or just a walk up grab will stuff both Singularity and Soul Crush on wakeup. Ares and Raven were tied for worst wakeups in the game and Ares gets the ability to teleport away for free but Raven still gets nothing?!??!

I'm honestly pissed. Anything could have done honestly. ANYTHING.
I'm a raven player and noticed. There are a few changes she could have used but at least no nerfs. I also saw those black Adam notes. That being said for us ravens and BA's alike I will say:

Xanru

Noob
i like most of it, but GA will be an uber-character now. shazam and lobo forums probably partying now.
The Lobo forums? Maybe, haven't been there. But he made out like a king. Shazam forums? lolno, these don't do much for Shazam. Not to mention they actually managed to nerf him too.

Circus

Part-Time Kano Hostage
I agree that Raven should have got buffed. But she doesn't have the worst wakeup game, it's better than Batman's lol

Wakeup Parry and wakeup Slide. They aren't the most useful things in the world, but at least they are some options for people not to literally walk up on wakeup and slap any string of their choice on you for free. He's up there on the "worst wakeups" though.

I'm honestly dumbfonded by this shit. Raven got so shafted.

Yes...I said it from day 1 that they (the GL community) hired a professional publicist to keep all their dirt under lock and key and to play stupid. He is ridiculous...even with the OTG nerf. Ugh.
If superman is crap i swear i'm gonna jump into the lanterns train and join to the lantern corps. b1 for the win!

Espio

Kokomo
You think Raven is perfect?

She needs some strings and wakeup fixes too man. Standing 3 whiffs on some crouching opponents, and her wakeups have like 4 frames of invincibility on moves that are 13 and 20 frames.

All that was stated was those were not buffs for them, they were fixes. Nobody said anything about Raven being perfect.

She is one of the more well balanced characters though. Her wake ups are one of her weaknesses...everyone should have some to keep them balanced.

I've always been an advocate of fixing mids for the entire roster, most of the cast's mids in strings and normals don't appear to be getting adjusted that have the whiffing issue so it's not just Raven being excluded.

His trait now lasts less time and takes longer to get so there goes that tool to keep people away. That coupled with his nerfed back dash range and its increased time frame means it is a sloooooooow and terrible dash. Basically his mobility got harshed on pretty greatly and its going to severely harm him yes.
How does him getting the BEST backdash in the game slightly nerfed all of a sudden make it terrible and slow? It was AMAZING before and half the reason he could outplay characters. Perhaps it will be just like everyone else's backdash now...