What's new

IGAU: Official Patch Notes v1.06 (9/24/2013) + "Mystery Skin & NRS Live Stream regarding changes"

THTB

Arez | Booya | Riu48 - Rest Easy, Friends
Wow...this was A LOT more changes than I thought would happen.

The menu changes are awesome! Finally, instant rematch online! And an offline rematch on pause menu! Fantastic for solving button check speeds, as well as speeding up the process on losing.

2 bars for MB interactable? Perfect change.

MB bounce changes are pretty good, too. That makes them a lot more viable for MBing through interactables. This also is a pretty sizable buff to the wakeup game.

How did Aquaman get away with just that...?

GL escaped with minimal damage...minigun still not a projectile and b1 still intact :)...no fix to f2 and b23 hitboxes, though. :(

Shazam trait scales properly now...? Not good. At least the MB versions of his throws were confirmed to get the damage increase, which, I guess makes it a little better.

LOL at Black Adam changes. Damn. At least they fixed black magic. Supes changes are pretty minimal, though, in comparison, unless the damage scaling is that bad now. Super change is welcome, though, so now -5 is the cutoff for complete safety.

No walkspeed buff. Man... :(

This patch is gonna be fun.

RoGE

Noob
Offline Restart Match - From the pause menu of an offline versus match, you can now instantly restart the match.

^This worries me if it only takes 1 person to click the rematch button in the pause menu.

Circus

Part-Time Kano Hostage
WAIT A FUCKING SECOND!!!!!!

Every single fucking character in the game gets a change except Raven? Literally every single character except her?!?!?! WTF?!!?!?!? No one has even mentioned it yet. It's like she's the ugly forgotten child of Injustice.

I'm not begging for anything significant because it's not like she's not good, but the whore has absolutely no wakeups still. Any and all strings or just a walk up grab will stuff both Singularity and Soul Crush on wakeup. Ares and Raven were tied for worst wakeups in the game and Ares gets the ability to teleport away for free but Raven still gets nothing?!??!

I'm honestly pissed. Anything could have done honestly. ANYTHING.

Name v.5.0

Iowa's Finest.
Am I the only one who's actually kinda really happy about the sound cues for interactibles? I've never been a fan of darting my eyes up to see if I can use something when I'm right on the edge of it. Especially those wall bounce interactibles.

ForeverKing

Patreon.com/MK_ForeverKing
For the most part I like the patch, but I feel like they didn't buff enough low tiers. And they didn't nerf Aquaman enough. Or at all basically. But besides that everything else looks tight :D

PPJ

()
Premium Supporter
NetherRealm Studios

Every single fucking character in the game gets a change except Raven? Literally every single character except her?!?!?! WTF?!!?!?!? No one has even mentioned it yet. It's like she's the ugly forgotten child of Injustice.

I'm not begging for anything significant because it's not like she's not good, but the whore has absolutely no wakeups still. Any and all strings or just a walk up grab will stuff both Singularity and Soul Crush on wakeup. Ares and Raven were tied for worst wakeups in the game and Ares gets the ability to teleport away for free but Raven still gets nothing?!??!

this is basically my only slight gripe about the patch.. I wish they made f2233 + on block and f1 a mid
there's a reason why she's free on wakeup though.. I mean someone's gotta be that character

wow those black adam nerfs. GET NORMALISED. really surprised wonderwoman did not receive any nerfs and that is good. dont know about the aquaman changes I think the metagame against AM will change a lot in the future.

Circus

Part-Time Kano Hostage
Apparently NRS forgot Raven was a character.

29/30 characters changed.

Even Deathstroke, Grundy, KF, Nightwing, Harley, Doomsday, Hawkgirl, Green Arrow, and Zatanna were buffed.

Wonderful.

chief713

Vertebral Subluxationist

LMAO! Wow, it really seems like they actually forgot about her. She's not even on the list.

shaowebb

Get your guns on. Sheriff is back.
Is the changes that bad?? Can you still win with BA
Black Adam
· Reduced duration of Orbs of Seth (Character Power) to 4.5 seconds and increased the cool down to 9 seconds (up from 7 seconds)
· Boot Stomp now has a block advantage of -21 (down from -15)
· Lightning Strike now only hits grounded opponents when performed outside of a combo.
· The Meter Burn version of the Lightning Strike is now -1 (down from +8)
· The Meter Burn version of Black Magic no longer conflicts with hard attack bounce/juggle limiting.
· Reduced the distance Black Adam covers when back-dashing
· Increased the duration of the back dash to 31 frames (up from 26)
· Increased the duration of the front dash to 18 frames (up from 16)
· Slightly increased the amount of damage scaling on combos.
· Fixed an issue where the Orbs of Seth were labeled UNBLOCKABLE during Practice mode when they hit Mid.
· Fixed an issue where Black Adam could stack two sets of the Orbs of Seth.
· Improved Hit Advantage on the Eye Of Horus combo (Back + Medium, Hard, Up, Medium)
His trait now lasts less time and takes longer to get so there goes that tool to keep people away. That coupled with his nerfed back dash range and its increased time frame means it is a sloooooooow and terrible dash. Basically his mobility got harshed on pretty greatly and its going to severely harm him yes.

Rathalos

Play Monster Hunter!
Apparently NRS forgot Raven was a character.

29/30 characters changed.

Even Deathstroke, Grundy, KF, Nightwing, Harley, Doomsday, Hawkgirl, Green Arrow, and Zatanna were buffed.

Wonderful.

Lol, when reading the patch notes I noticed I didn't see Raven, so I went though all the patch notes and the character list to see if anyone else was unchanged, and it was just her.

I'm surprised they didn't try and give her new teleports like Ares at the very least.

Circus

Part-Time Kano Hostage
Nightwing and Hawkgirl didn't get buffs, they got fixes to their MB specials whiffing on certain characters.

You think Raven is perfect?

She needs some strings and wakeup fixes too man. Standing 3 whiffs on some crouching opponents, and her wakeups have like 4 frames of invincibility on moves that are 13 and 20 frames.

i was pretty happy with everything before, i thought everyone were pretty balanced, i use everyone ranked , but having said that this patch is pretty good shazam is gonna be deadly now, he has a mean reset as it is but do increase damage on those grabs is gonna make for some insane damage combos, i just hope we still get 2 more characters as dlc, will even out the character select screen, im hoping for killer croc or gorilla grod unlikely though