Ermac (all variations)
Reptile (Noxious and Nimble)
Cassie (Brawler and Hollywood)
Scorpion (Inferno and Ninjutsu)
Sub-Zero (Unbreakable and Cryomancer)
Kotal Kahn (all variations)
Kitana (Mournful)
Kano (Cybernetic and Cutthroat)

I'm waiting for Goro/Ferratorr/Mileena/JC/Erron Black/Takeda to be shown off. Erron Black is the character I'm looking at the most out of all of these.

Espio

Kokomo
I almost always play two characters in fighting games, one male and one female very seriously. I hope my choices will compliment each other nicely. I feel like for myself personally, one or two characters is ideal for me to maximize my level of play and make it as optimal as possible while still having fun/variety.

1. Spec Ops Cassie Cage, seems to be the variation where Cassie is the most unique and divergent from her parents (as Brawler and Hollywood are homages to her parents/I hate instant air projectiles) and the prospect of using her missiles and gun to occupy space is really intriguing to me. Brawler will probably get some of my time as well.

2, Goro, who hopefully has a variation that is not only fun, but compliments Cassie's Spec Ops strengths and weaknesses well.

So basically, I'm assuming I'll use one to two variations for each of them.

I'll dabble with other characters, but not on the same level.

Montanx

Thats why they call this thing bloodsport, kid.
I have to narrow the field to about 10 id consider. Then Play those 10 til I can find who feels best for me. Then settle on 2-3 and try to make use of all variations. Ill try not to force it. If a guys combos are just too fiddly or complicated in practice, I wont be able to nail them in a match on instinct.

STB Sgt Reed

Online Warrior
I have to narrow the field to about 10 id consider. Then Play those 10 til I can find who feels best for me. Then settle on 2-3 and try to make use of all variations. Ill try not to force it. If a guys combos are just too fiddly or complicated in practice, I wont be able to nail them in a match on instinct.
Points for using the word, "fiddly". lol

Rude

You will serve me in The Netherrealm
Welp, I'll either start with Quan Chi or Mileena, first. Whoever I choose, I'll work on all three variations. Then, I'll go back to the one I didn't choose before and do the same.

ShArp

Dedicated Broly main
I feel like I will try every char and I'll be choosing the ones that fits me best. My main ofc will be Displacer Raiden but Im also very interested in Dvorah, Mystic Ermac, Subz and Shinnok if he's playable.

DarksydeDash

You know me as RisingShieldBro online.
I just hope the game continues to show off multiple variations in tourney play as it goes down the line.

Wemfs

The only morality in a cruel world is chance.
In MK9 I didn't really mess around with that many characters. This time around in MKX I'm going to try out everyone until I narrow it down to 2 or 3 characters (who knows, maybe more). I want to enjoy every aspect of this game that I can, so I'm giving every character a chance at least. I'm not going to write any character off prematurely.

RoboCop

The future of law enforcement.
Administrator
Premium Supporter
Way more than in any other fighting game, that's for damn sure.

Tolkeen

/wrists
I'm gonna play Kenshi...
if he's not in, I'll probably play Takeda...
If he sucks I'll probably play Arrow (Kung Jin)...
If he sucks I"ll soul search until MK11 comes out.

ShArp

Dedicated Broly main
In MK9 I didn't really mess around with that many characters. This time around in MKX I'm going to try out everyone until I narrow it down to 2 or 3 characters (who knows, maybe more). I want to enjoy every aspect of this game that I can, so I'm giving every character a chance at least. I'm not going to write any character off prematurely.
Same here m8 :)

Really high chance I'll at least co-main Sub-Zero. But I will experiment with Raiden, maybe Ermac, probably Kenshi...and then whoever looks like a good grappler.

Shania Twain

That Don't Impress Me Much
Kitana, Kung Lao, Mileena, Sindel and Rain. as far as the variations...I dunno yet. it depends how they feel in my hands. the only new characters I will prolly give a chance are D'Vorah and kotal kahn. I liked Shinnok in Armageddon so maybe him. I'm not giving any of the generic children characters the time of day. If you think they look awesome, then cool...I'm happy for you. but I don't and I'm not going to be supportive of them.

Kitana, Kung Lao, Mileena, Sindel and Rain. as far as the variations...I dunno yet. it depends how they feel in my hands. the only new characters I will prolly give a chance are D'Vorah and kotal kahn. I liked Shinnok in Armageddon so maybe him. I'm not giving any of the generic children characters the time of day. If you think they look awesome, then cool...I'm happy for you. but I don't and I'm not going to be supportive of them.
Bless you for the Sindel support. I hope she is in by a miracle, but her chances are very low. She was my most used female character in MK9. Those kicks...

vegeta

Saiyan Prince
Right now following my "rule"
Main - scorpion (as always since the beginning)
Variation - hellfire
Secondary/sub - Cassie
Variation - Hollywood

D

Deleted member 35141

I like to learn most of the roster but I do have some prerelease favorites at the moment though
Jax, Johnny, Sub Zero, Takeda, Kung Jin, Cassie, Kenshi and probably Liu Kang

juicepouch

blink-182 enthusiast
whoever's the coolest grappler

maybe kano, maybe goro, maybe kotal, maybe ferra/torr

will need to play them all before i decide

JLU51306

Bzzzt *Paging Doctor Fate*
In Injustice, I learned every character to a point where I could usually beat the average player, however this time I think I'll stick to 3-4 characters and all of their variations of course.