What's new

Guide - Mortal Kombat X Edition (iOS and Android) WITH FRAME DATA AND MOVE PUNISHER TOOL!

huh

Noob
P.S. Explanation to the STRING section - 5) from this forum (frame data is old and wrong but ok to explain):
How to find out if my opponent is doing a blockstring on me?

Example: Scorpion gravedigger (1,2,3) dial string

Scorpion’s 1 = Startup 8, on Block 0, Cancel 11 .

2 = 6 , -10 , 16 .

3 = Startup 8 .

1. Its a 3 hits string in MKX:

Each one of part of this string has startup, active frames, recovery, block adv, hit adv and cancel adv. You want to find out if there is a gap on this string or if its a true blockstring, this is how you do it:

BLOCK STUN = Cancel + Block adv

So standing 1 is 8f startup, on block is 0 frames, and canceling is 11frames.

11 + 0 = 11f Blockstun

2. Now you get that blockstun and compare if the startup frames of the next attack in line reaches (act) before, on time or after the blockstun fades:

1, 2 (the next attack in line) is 6 frames startup, meaning that it reaches the opponent before the blockstun of cancel block advantage (11F) fades so 1, 2 is a true Blockstring. And has a cancel advantage of 16 frames and a block adv of -10 frames.

16 + (-10) = 6f Blockstun

3. 1, 2, 3 (the final attack in line) is 8 frames meaning that it will not connect the opponent before the blockstun fades, so gravedigger (1, 2, 3) its not a true Blockstring there is at least a 2 frame gaps - where you can Armor move trough the last part of the string and expose scorpion for not know knowing this, making him less reckless and actually check your meter before doing that string again
Hi Sugata, just a correction. Actually, the way the cancel advantage on block (what you are calling Block Stun) is calculated is slightly different.

SInce the game frame data "Cancel" is not properly the cancel advantage, but is the amount of frames into the move when the cancel happens, the math should be:

Cancel Advantage on Block (Block stun) = (Sum of Startup + Active + Recover) - Cancel + Block Advantage.

and NOT: Cancel + Block Advantage.

Hope it helps

purbeast

Noob
Hi Sugata, just a correction. Actually, the way the cancel advantage on block (what you are calling Block Stun) is calculated is slightly different.

SInce the game frame data "Cancel" is not properly the cancel advantage, but is the amount of frames into the move when the cancel happens, the math should be:

Cancel Advantage on Block (Block stun) = (Sum of Startup + Active + Recover) - Cancel + Block Advantage.

Hope it helps
Cool thanks for that.

I was thinking of adding an extra column with this info at some point in the move punisher so that will be helpful.

Reactions: huh

SUGATA

Noob

Hope it helps
Yes, you are right.

II took the info from eddy Wang thread before it was edited by 25 june 2015 and fixed his errors by himself:
http://testyourmight.com/threads/how-to-read-understand-and-calculate-frame-data-in-mkx.49708/

Thank you! It was very important.

Last edited:
Reactions: huh

SUGATA

Noob
Cool thanks for that.

I was thinking of adding an extra column with this info at some point in the move punisher so that will be helpful.
With this fix please create a STRING CALCULATOR by adding additional column "Frames to move" - because NRS made a terrible frame data excercises for the players:

Calculator may also be counting the question is this opponent's combo a STRING i.e if his 1st strike is cancelling into follow up strike (and then i am forced to block all strikes, because my blockstun is longer then his follow up strike's startup , ... and so i can not to start my move safely) - it will give a possibility know when i will be possible to move, to know when to attack and when to defend!
How?
> In Calculator add 2nd column after "Frame to hit" (which counting ONLY Block adv) - a column "Frames to move" (which counting Cancel block adv (i.e. Block stun) = Move (startup+active+recovery) - Cancel + Block adv).
By knowing how many frames to move i have = i know my frame gap against opponent's String.
or if it <=0 , then i know that this is a true Block string (and i forced to keep blocking, because i have not frame gaps).

This String calculator will be a kill feature!

Please do it!

Last edited:
Hey, just purchased the premium version. I have a question about the punisher tool.

So, if you pick a character and a kombo, all I'm seeing is how to punish the string with moves from that same character. Did I misunderstand the tools use? Or am misusing somehow?

Nevermind, I am an idiot. EDIT

Hi. Would it be possible to add an option to delete Kustom Kombos? Also would it be possible to highlight favourite Kombos/Strings in the main Kombos section.

Thanks.

SUGATA

Noob
Hey, just purchased the premium version. I have a question about the punisher tool.

So, if you pick a character and a kombo, all I'm seeing is how to punish the string with moves from that same character. Did I misunderstand the tools use? Or am misusing somehow?

Nevermind, I am an idiot. EDIT

His Move punisher is incorrect, sadly =(
Because:
1) Must to be 1F less for Special moves (because the last negative frame is blockable)

2) Must to be 2F less for Normal moves (because the last negative frame is blockable, and normal has 1F delay after releasing block to start).

Also, his Move punisher does not count Cancelling move possibility.

> How to fix this? It is not so difficult, check my prev posts here.

Hello

Thank you for ur efforts to help the community

I just downloaded the app
But i think it needs a lot of editing

For the first 3 mins in the app i came out with :-

1- the punishers should be in notation rather than names ( who knows what " anguish " is !). Its ok if u wanna keep it like this but it least make it that if I tap on the name the notations appear .

2- In kombo kreator , I cant edit in my combos after saving it ..?

And again i think its a very useful tool but with more work on it ( which I believe is so possible :
:)

purbeast

Noob
You can edit combos. In Android click the cell and it gives you the option to delete/edit. On iOS, swipe it to the left and it will give the options.

Also, I was on vacation this past week and just got home so I will be updating it with the Predator info this weekend. Sorry for that delay. I had the perfect storm of stuff happen the weeks prior to my vacation and just didn't have time.

purbeast

Noob
Alright guys, sorry for the delay.

Predator has been updated for Android.

I've decided to hold off on the Predator update for iOS because it takes 7-10 days for the update to go through, and since I can get Tremor on Tuesday, I'm going to add Tremor Tuesday night and then just submit that update all at once instead of waiting for the Predator one to go through the long review process, then waiting for Tremor to go through the long review process. Since it's only 2 days away, might as well just wait.

purbeast

Noob
To be honest, after making apps for over 5 years for both, I think Android users care more about iOS (failing) than iOS users care about iOS.

I think android users just got so sick of all the crap Apple puts them through that after they move on to better things it is like a born again christian or a recent non-smoker.

purbeast

Noob
Tremor update will be pushed tonight for sure. Started it last night but had daddy duties to tend to that didn't let me finish it. Expect it to go live tonight on Android and on iOS it will take the usual week or so with the review process.

Thank you. I just bought this for iOS. I will tinker around and provide suggestions regarding its usability and UI as I become more familiar with it.

But so far, especially in the areas:
• Create a kombo with all the nice icons.
• Tapping on a move/kombo description to expand it's cell and see the frame data....

You knocked it out the park here. Very well designed, very smart, clean, professional and intuitive. I appreciate "ergonomically minded UI software design"

Thank you so much for this Andrew. Only .99 EVERYONE in this forum should support and buy this app. My toilet paper costs more.

Last edited:

Colest

Mid-Tier 'Mancer Main
In the Sub Zero section there are a few typos.

The kombo Snow Fall has the wrong directional input.

Jump Back Punch says "Overhear" instead of Overhead.

Roko1985

Put down the controller and run!
H
Yeah I've seen xx before in the SF notation.

I guess ~ could work though, because then people can basically use it to mean whatever they want it to lol. I was thinking about adding a JUMP button, but that is the same thing as pressing UP or UF so I opted out of that.
Hi, guys. The app is great. It was a great idea the way you put it together. The thing is that there are many mistakes (wrong data numbers). Are you testing the moves or you just copy paste the information from the in game frame data? A lot of the in game frame data is wrong. I have been testing moves from the time the game came out and there are some serious mistakes. It would be nice if you can even add Hit Advantage if the opponent rolls. And which moved are Hard Knock Down( to not be able to roll). One more thing that will help everybody a lot is if you can color the inputs 1,2,3,and 4 with colors that can mean blue~ low, yellow~overhead, green~mid(hitting even crouch-not blocking opponent, broun~special high(wiffs on crouch-not blocking opponent, but connects on crouch-blocking opponent), high~red( wiffs even on crouch-blocking opponent. I know that that what you do takes a lot of time, and many many people support your work, but I think that every one will be happy to help fixing those mistakes. I tested every move with 15 characters. If interested, I can write down the mistakes the guide have for those 15 characters. The rest: still in progress. I hope you guys consider some of those ideas. Thanks for your time.

Very glad that you heard my thoughts about Frame calculator and did it!
It gives your app an EXCLUSIVE and very useful feature that makes it a must buy app.

Some wishes:

1) Make a possibility to switch Move's name into Move's input (ex, df1) everywhere (in Frame data tab, in Calculator)
Because very few people learning Move's names.
How? - by clicking on its name or better by clicking on up column slot "Name" to turn names into inputs.
Damn. Listen to this guy^^ he knows his stuff. This knowledge alone (everything he said not just my quote) can push your app to new boundaries.

Listen to this guy dev.

gam224

The world's least hype player
The big where kitana move punisher crashes is still present in the iOS tremor/ predator update

purbeast

Noob
Sorry guys, been busy with real life and everything so I hadn't been around for a while.

Wanted to let you all know the Tremor/Predator update is out now for iOS.

Thank you. I just bought this for iOS. I will tinker around and provide suggestions regarding its usability and UI as I become more familiar with it.

But so far, especially in the areas:
• Create a kombo with all the nice icons.
• Tapping on a move/kombo description to expand it's cell and see the frame data....

You knocked it out the park here. Very well designed, very smart, clean, professional and intuitive. I appreciate "ergonomically minded UI software design"

Thank you so much for this Andrew. Only .99 EVERYONE in this forum should support and buy this app. My toilet paper costs more.
Cool man glad you like it. As for the other concern below, about displaying moves by icons instead of names in the punisher, yeah that is something I would like to do. That guy in general has a ton of great suggestions

H
Hi, guys. The app is great. It was a great idea the way you put it together. The thing is that there are many mistakes (wrong data numbers). Are you testing the moves or you just copy paste the information from the in game frame data? A lot of the in game frame data is wrong. I have been testing moves from the time the game came out and there are some serious mistakes. It would be nice if you can even add Hit Advantage if the opponent rolls. And which moved are Hard Knock Down( to not be able to roll). One more thing that will help everybody a lot is if you can color the inputs 1,2,3,and 4 with colors that can mean blue~ low, yellow~overhead, green~mid(hitting even crouch-not blocking opponent, broun~special high(wiffs on crouch-not blocking opponent, but connects on crouch-blocking opponent), high~red( wiffs even on crouch-blocking opponent. I know that that what you do takes a lot of time, and many many people support your work, but I think that every one will be happy to help fixing those mistakes. I tested every move with 15 characters. If interested, I can write down the mistakes the guide have for those 15 characters. The rest: still in progress. I hope you guys consider some of those ideas. Thanks for your time.
The frame data comes right out of the game. Yeah I realize that the game has tons of errors, and at some point I'd like to go over the "fixed" list that the guys here on TYM have put into the google docs here:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1tU7Hqk8VtuEM3Pj1T4pKY-4dAuiO-Lkh6N4kStJGAxY/

But as mentioned, I just haven't had time to go through all of that. It's not a team of people doing this as a job, it's just me in my spare time cause I enjoy fighting games and coding!

As for the other suggestion with colors for the inputs, yeah that right now probably isn't possible.

The big where kitana move punisher crashes is still present in the iOS tremor/ predator update
Damn ok, I think I didn't remember to fix that unfortunately :(

I will actually look into it right now. I'll post when I have a fix and submit it to the app store.

gam224

The world's least hype player
Sorry guys, been busy with real life and everything so I hadn't been around for a while.

Wanted to let you all know the Tremor/Predator update is out now for iOS.

Cool man glad you like it. As for the other concern below, about displaying moves by icons instead of names in the punisher, yeah that is something I would like to do. That guy in general has a ton of great suggestions

The frame data comes right out of the game. Yeah I realize that the game has tons of errors, and at some point I'd like to go over the "fixed" list that the guys here on TYM have put into the google docs here:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1tU7Hqk8VtuEM3Pj1T4pKY-4dAuiO-Lkh6N4kStJGAxY/

But as mentioned, I just haven't had time to go through all of that. It's not a team of people doing this as a job, it's just me in my spare time cause I enjoy fighting games and coding!

As for the other suggestion with colors for the inputs, yeah that right now probably isn't possible.

Damn ok, I think I didn't remember to fix that unfortunately :(

I will actually look into it right now. I'll post when I have a fix and submit it to the app store.
Ok thank you very much

purbeast

Noob
Alright man.

It was pretty straight forward what the fix was for that issue. I just submitted the fix for review and requested an expedited review since it is a crashing bug that it fixes.

It's up to Apple whether they want to actually expedite it or not, so hopefully they will. Otherwise it will be about a week.

Sorry about the delay man :(