What's new

Guide - Mortal Kombat X Edition (iOS and Android) WITH FRAME DATA AND MOVE PUNISHER TOOL!

Alright man.

It was pretty straight forward what the fix was for that issue. I just submitted the fix for review and requested an expedited review since it is a crashing bug that it fixes.

It's up to Apple whether they want to actually expedite it or not, so hopefully they will. Otherwise it will be about a week.

Sorry about the delay man :(
You did your part. No need to apologize sir :)

As far as you not having a team. I totally understand (and I am sure those visiting this thread understand as well) that said...

No worries about you doing this without a team and stuff taking a while, we ARE your team :)

We'll keep you up to date when life has you by the horns. Then when you get back, you can see what needs fixing/updates. Thanks again for staying on top of things - you have no idea how much of a blessing you are.

purbeast

Noob
You did your part. No need to apologize sir :)

As far as you not having a team. I totally understand (and I am sure those visiting this thread understand as well) that said...

No worries about you doing this without a team and stuff taking a while, we ARE your team :)

We'll keep you up to date when life has you by the horns. Then when you get back, you can see what needs fixing/updates. Thanks again for staying on top of things - you have no idea how much of a blessing you are.
Damn dude thanks for the kind words. It's really a cool feeling to hear people say they actually use the software you build and genuinely enjoy it, so it's much appreciated.

This weekend I am going to be adding in the classic fatalities as well as hidden brutalities.

I also want to add the stage brutalities, but I'm not 100% sure on how to do this. Like I'm not sure how to display them to the user. I was thinking about making a section down in the character options just called "Stage Fatalities" that simply lists all of them, and every character would just have this section. That way once you are down in the character part you can just see them, even though it would be the same thing for every character.

If anyone has any suggestions on where you think Stage Fatalities would fit best into this app, I'm open to suggestions.

gam224

The world's least hype player
Damn dude thanks for the kind words. It's really a cool feeling to hear people say they actually use the software you build and genuinely enjoy it, so it's much appreciated.

This weekend I am going to be adding in the classic fatalities as well as hidden brutalities.

I also want to add the stage brutalities, but I'm not 100% sure on how to do this. Like I'm not sure how to display them to the user. I was thinking about making a section down in the character options just called "Stage Fatalities" that simply lists all of them, and every character would just have this section. That way once you are down in the character part you can just see them, even though it would be the same thing for every character.

If anyone has any suggestions on where you think Stage Fatalities would fit best into this app, I'm open to suggestions.
If you could somehow display the hit box on a move or string that would be superb

You're welcome sir.

I'm in agreement with your resolve regarding stage fatalities. If no one else speaks up regarding a better way of implementing, then go right on ahead and add it the way you've described.

purbeast

Noob
Exactly! I saw that in the official usf4 frame data guide
Yeah dude that definitely isn't happening heh. That information isn't even available in training mode in MKX is it?

And if it was, I wouldn't take screen shots of every move and put it in. That would be crossing the line into copyrighted material in the app.

gam224

Yeah dude that definitely isn't happening heh. That information isn't even available in training mode in MKX is it?

And if it was, I wouldn't take screen shots of every move and put it in. That would be crossing the line into copyrighted material in the app.
Oh ok that's unfortunate... Well I hope everything is good for you good luck with the app!

Oh ok that's unfortunate... Well I hope everything is good for you good luck with the app!
Not really unfortunate. This app is a godsend. There's a lot here.

@purbeast
I don't know if this is possible... But, can we adjust the name setup?

For example, scrolling down looking for Quan Chi is getting tedious for me - I'm always putting info in his profile so scrolling is a constant. I would like his name up at the beginning.

Any way to make these static names into adjustable brackets, so we can interact with them and move them around?

This of course is not a problem. I guess the tediousness of the scrolling is getting to me. Lol.

purbeast

Noob
Update here...

I just finished adding Classic Fatalities, Secret Brutalities, and Stage Brutalities.

The Stage Brutalities are just at the bottom of the list of Brutalities in each characters section. I figured they just made sense there since they are technically brutalities. Classic ones obviously you need the DLC to do them, as I mention in my notes.

The Android update should be live in the next couple of hours.

I rejected the iOS update I put out on Wednesday to fix Kitana's crash issue so that I didn't have to wait a week for that to go through, THEN update with this one. So it pushed the Kitana update back 2 days, but that fix is in this update on iOS so don't worry!

@tactfulgamer I don't know if I'm following exactly. Do you just mean be able to let you guys organize the lists of characters, options, and moves yourself? If that is the case, that isn't really feasable just because of the way it's all written.

However, if you mean (on Android only, doesn't happen on iOS) how if you select Quan Chi, then go back to the main menu, it starts at the top and you have to then scroll back down to him, that is maybe something I can look into.

Update here...

I just finished adding Classic Fatalities, Secret Brutalities, and Stage Brutalities.

The Stage Brutalities are just at the bottom of the list of Brutalities in each characters section. I figured they just made sense there since they are technically brutalities. Classic ones obviously you need the DLC to do them, as I mention in my notes.

The Android update should be live in the next couple of hours.

I rejected the iOS update I put out on Wednesday to fix Kitana's crash issue so that I didn't have to wait a week for that to go through, THEN update with this one. So it pushed the Kitana update back 2 days, but that fix is in this update on iOS so don't worry!

@tactfulgamer I don't know if I'm following exactly. Do you just mean be able to let you guys organize the lists of characters, options, and moves yourself? If that is the case, that isn't really feasable just because of the way it's all written.

However, if you mean (on Android only, doesn't happen on iOS) how if you select Quan Chi, then go back to the main menu, it starts at the top and you have to then scroll back down to him, that is maybe something I can look into.
For iOS.

Not the moves. I meant the character name selection screen. (Starts with Cassie Cage, followed by D'vorah... etc) I wanted to know if it's possible for us to organize that name list to our convenience.

For example I always use Quan Chi, so I would put his name on top of Cassie Cages name, so I can tap into his profile as soon as I open the app.

OR if that's not possible,
maybe a "recent" section that shows up at the top of the names list. So therefore, whichever character's profile you were in before (that name) would be on the top of the list.

Apologies I didn't word that correctly before.

purbeast

Noob
Ah I see what you are saying. Hmmm that is a thought but I can't promise anything. I'm not sure exactly how that would be done to be honest, but it's something I can think about.

Ah I see what you are saying. Hmmm that is a thought but I can't promise anything. I'm not sure exactly how that would be done to be honest, but it's something I can think about.
Take your time :) I prefer you bring the better ideas in this thread onto the app. My convenience can wait.

gam224

I
Not really unfortunate. This app is a godsend. There's a lot here.

@purbeast
I don't know if this is possible... But, can we adjust the name setup?

For example, scrolling down looking for Quan Chi is getting tedious for me - I'm always putting info in his profile so scrolling is a constant. I would like his name up at the beginning.

Any way to make these static names into adjustable brackets, so we can interact with them and move them around?

This of course is not a problem. I guess the tediousness of the scrolling is getting to me. Lol.
I think "unfortunate" fits the situation perfectly, I did not complain I merely made a suggestion. Your comment has no meaning.

I

I think "unfortunate" fits the situation perfectly, I did not complain I merely made a suggestion. Your comment has no meaning.
^Lol @ this. For someone who's not complaining you sure sound defensive. But ok guy. Whatever you say. I'll leave it here. I don't do the back & forth thing on the net. Seems more like your thing.

Noozzle

Noob
I downloaded the app last night and what a blast! Lots of effort has been put in there and I'm very happy to contribute :) I would've paid ten times the price if I had to. Not only it's extremely helpful, but it saves me from writing all the frame data myself... Thanks a lot!!

Little suggestion... it'd be nice if we could add notes on every specific move in either the "Basic Attacks", "Kombos" or "Special Moves" sections. Let's say there could be a button next to all of the moves to add a note specific to that move.

And I'm also wondering if it's possible to backup the created notes on iCloud (using iOS) and if you'll update the frame data as new patches come out.

Thanks again for the great product :)

Ty1er

New to NR fighters.
In Jason's slasher variation under kombos "brooding" is incorrectly listed as forward 4,3. The kombo is actually forward 4,2.

Regardless, great app. Loving it so far thanks for working on it.

BecomingDeath13

"You won't winter over?" Who the fuck wrote that?
So the app is trying to charge me again.
I paid for it before it was made free with a pro upgrade. Had to factory reset my phone to clear some bugs out. Redownloaded and it's gelling me I need to upgrade to pro

purbeast

Noob
I downloaded the app last night and what a blast! Lots of effort has been put in there and I'm very happy to contribute :) I would've paid ten times the price if I had to. Not only it's extremely helpful, but it saves me from writing all the frame data myself... Thanks a lot!!

Little suggestion... it'd be nice if we could add notes on every specific move in either the "Basic Attacks", "Kombos" or "Special Moves" sections. Let's say there could be a button next to all of the moves to add a note specific to that move.

And I'm also wondering if it's possible to backup the created notes on iCloud (using iOS) and if you'll update the frame data as new patches come out.

Thanks again for the great product :)
Yeah adding notes to specific moves has been a request, but to be honest I doubt that will be coming any time in the near future. It would take a good amount of work to do that just based on the current architecture of everything and I just don't have the time for that right now unfortunately.

As for the notes, the same thing right now it just isn't really feasible. It would be great to add it but I just don't have the time to figure that out right now.

Frame Data will be updated though. I know the big patch announced yesterday has a lot of changes which I plan to incorporate.

In Jason's slasher variation under kombos "brooding" is incorrectly listed as forward 4,3. The kombo is actually forward 4,2.

Regardless, great app. Loving it so far thanks for working on it.
Cool thanks glad you like it. I'll look into fixing that typo. With me entering thousands of pieces of data, there are bound to be some errors on my part so I appreciate it when people let me know so I can fix them!

So the app is trying to charge me again.
I paid for it before it was made free with a pro upgrade. Had to factory reset my phone to clear some bugs out. Redownloaded and it's gelling me I need to upgrade to pro
Hmm that sounds like a pretty big deal. Send me a PM about this and we'll work it out. Worst case scenario I'll just paypal you a buck.

I used to use the mess out of this app especially during tournament but now with the new patch and changes in frame data i cant. I dont want to go away from using it completely because its been so helpful. Is there a way to update the frame data???

MadeFromMetal

Heart From Iron, Mind From Steel.
I used to use the mess out of this app especially during tournament but now with the new patch and changes in frame data i cant. I dont want to go away from using it completely because its been so helpful. Is there a way to update the frame data???
@purbeast? He hasn't been active on TYM in a month...hope all is well.

G4S Claude VonStroke

@MK_ClaudeVS on twitter
So guys.... I'm working on a very BASIC app that is different than this but does have frame data and it will be current. It will also be free. It's more for tournament players. Doesn't have combos or a lot of the features here but I know people will find this app useful. Hoping to get it out next month. Will keep all info up to date. Android version will be after that. First will release iOS version.

Nice work purebeast!

Roko1985

Put down the controller and run!
Yeah adding notes to specific moves has been a request, but to be honest I doubt that will be coming any time in the near future. It would take a good amount of work to do that just based on the current architecture of everything and I just don't have the time for that right now unfortunately.

As for the notes, the same thing right now it just isn't really feasible. It would be great to add it but I just don't have the time to figure that out right now.

Frame Data will be updated though. I know the big patch announced yesterday has a lot of changes which I plan to incorporate.

Cool thanks glad you like it. I'll look into fixing that typo. With me entering thousands of pieces of data, there are bound to be some errors on my part so I appreciate it when people let me know so I can fix them!

Hmm that sounds like a pretty big deal. Send me a PM about this and we'll work it out. Worst case scenario I'll just paypal you a buck.
I love the app, but there are some serios misstakes with the frame data! Tremors frame data on his specials is one of them. If you guys need some help with testing, i am in to help you uppdate the app with the right info. I understand if you want to wait for the next patch!