What's new

Guide - Mortal Kombat X Edition (iOS and Android) WITH FRAME DATA AND MOVE PUNISHER TOOL!

Eddy Wang

Skarlet scientist
I'd recommend looking at our doc at least once a week because so much shit is wrong, we're flagging stuff left right and centre.

@Eddy Wang will a 9f normal not punish -10? I thought if you get the punish on the frame it would punish? You only need to exit block but that should work?
The opponent is allowed to block at -1 so if you punish matches the recovery on the same exact number he will be able to block it.

buyacushun

Normalize grab immunity.
The punishes are sorted in the order they are in the move list (in game and in the app, which are the same).

Every Basic Attack, Kombo, and Special Move for your opponent is listed there. Variations don't matter, it will show all of them.
I meant that once i pick my opponent, I would then pick a category. Right now it looks like it's just one long scrolling list with every move for every variation.

As for the range on punishes, it's usually a given that sometimes you just aren't in range to punish something. I wouldn't worry about that unless it was someone very first time looking to punish something. It's one of those "cookie crumbles" type situations. If we had a range variable in the frame data then maybe I would add that.

Shoutouts to @Temjiin and his crew of frame data checkers. I need to get to downloading that document.

purbeast

Noob
Alright got another update here. Worked on it a bit more and added/changed some stuff. Here's the latest video of what I plan on making the first iteration of this:

I plan to submit it to iOS after the frame data update is through review process, which is hopefully today or tomorrow, I submitted it last Saturday.

New to this version:
- Added filter
- Made it so you don't have to click "done" for the selection to update.
- Made it so that normals must be +2 to be in the list of moves you can use to punish, and only specials can be +1.
- Added a little information button to explain how it works.

Also note, while the opponent list shows Kombos in there (since the frame data is for the last move in the kombos), YOUR list of moves will only include Basic Attacks and Special Moves. It doesn't include Kombos because all Kombos start with one of the Basic Attacks or Special Moves.

Looking for more feedback on this also though, because I plan to submit this, and if there is something glaringly off putting with this or just flat out wrong, I'd be willing to hear about it before I submit it :)

Temjiin

www.mkxframedata.com
The opponent is allowed to block at -1
@purbeast This means that a 9f move will punish -10. It doesn't mean there's a 2 frame gap to punish. I misread what he is saying, he is saying that it takes a frame to exit block but just worded differently. The 2 aren't mutually exclusive. Therefore your formula will need to be re-adjusted to compensate for a 1f window, not 2.

Last edited:

purbeast

Noob
@purbeast This means that a 9f move will punish -10. It doesn't mean there's a 2 frame gap to punish. I misread what he is saying, he is saying that it takes a frame to exit block but just worded differently. The 2 aren't mutually exclusive. Therefore your formula will need to be re-adjusted to compensate for a 1f window, not 2.
Are you sure about that? In a private chat @Eddy Wang and I had, he said that only a 9 frame startup SPECIAL will punish a -10 attack, and that a -8 NORMAL would punish a -10 attack.

Man now I'm so confused lol.

Initially I had thought that straight up, any move that has 9f startup could punish a -10 attack, but then reading more into it I thought that wasn't true.

Temjiin

www.mkxframedata.com
Are you sure about that? In a private chat @Eddy Wang and I had, he said that only a 9 frame startup SPECIAL will punish a -10 attack, and that a -8 NORMAL would punish a -10 attack.

Man now I'm so confused lol.

Initially I had thought that straight up, any move that has 9f startup could punish a -10 attack, but then reading more into it I thought that wasn't true.
Make a status and ask the community. If so it's the first I've heard of it. Sounds hella wrong to me.

Nobody should need a 2f window to punish with a normal.

purbeast

Noob
Just got the email that the Frame Data and Tanya update was approved so it should start showing up on iPhone shortly for you guys!

purbeast

Noob
Just submitted the Move Punisher update to iOS. Hopefully it only takes me a day or two to get it ported over to Android.

buyacushun

Normalize grab immunity.
YAY!!!!

EDIT: I was looking at your app because of the new patch and realized you have a few things wrong on Raiden. I'll go in the game and check his whole thing out for you listing wise. I can't check the frames. These are things wrong before the patch.

Last edited:

purbeast

Noob
YAY!!!!

EDIT: I was looking at your app because of the new patch and realized you have a few things wrong on Raiden. I'll go in the game and check his whole thing out for you listing wise. I can't check the frames. These are things wrong before the patch.
Sure let me know. There were some errors with Raiden that I actually found prior (I think some moves weren't showing up) and I thought I had fixed, so if you find more please let me know so I can fix them, thanks!

buyacushun

Normalize grab immunity.
Sure let me know. There were some errors with Raiden that I actually found prior (I think some moves weren't showing up) and I thought I had fixed, so if you find more please let me know so I can fix them, thanks!
Raiden:
Raiden's Low kick is listed as b+FK but it's d+FK.
The listing for Kombo Distant Thunder is 113 but it's acutally 213
Both of Raiden's non TG low Kombos are listed as F33 and F34 but it's actually B33 and B34.

Displacer:
is able to enhance the Electric Fly and Thunder fly on ground and in air. This isn't noted anywhere.

Thunder God:
Something is wrong with the Kombo Thunder Cloud. It is 1122 but in the app it only says 1 but its off to the left as if the other buttons are invisible.
God fist is labeled as b12 that isn't a string.

App is full bugs and wrong info. Got bodied when i tried to learn a scorpion frame trap GG uninstall 1 star review. Kappa

purbeast

Noob
Raiden:
Both of Raiden's non TG low Kombos are listed as F33 and F34 but it's actually B33 and B34.

Displacer:
is able to enhance the Electric Fly and Thunder fly on ground and in air. This isn't noted anywhere.

Thunder God:
Something is wrong with the Kombo Thunder Cloud. It is 1122 but in the app it only says 1 but its off to the left as if the other buttons are invisible.

App is full bugs and wrong info. Got bodied when i tried to learn a scorpion frame trap GG uninstall 1 star review. Kappa
Ugh okay I'll look into these and put it on "the list". Thanks.

I could have SWORN I fixed the issue with Thunder Cloud, but maybe it was some other move that had a similar issue.

buyacushun

Normalize grab immunity.
Ugh okay I'll look into these and put it on "the list". Thanks.

I could have SWORN I fixed the issue with Thunder Cloud, but maybe it was some other move that had a similar issue.
Oh yeah and we got a patch so you got some work to do lol.

purbeast

Noob
Raiden:

Displacer:

Thunder God:

Just FYI, I'm updating all of this right now (as well as patch changes), and God Fist is labeled as a Kombo in the moves list.

I had also already fixed the Enhanced stuff for those moves however it was in the update for iOS that I submitted so it hadn't made it to the Android side yet.

But thanks for letting me know about the other ones!

purbeast

Noob
Alright just did a pretty big update (for Android, iOS one still waiting for review). Here's a copy/paste from the update notes, I'll give more details tomorrow and update screen shots on listing, have to crash now.

Move Punisher Tool has been added! With the new tool, you can quickly see which moves of your opponent can and can't be punished, what move you can punish with, and how many frames you have to punish! Check it out!

Also in this HUGE update:
- Latest patch frame data changes.
- Added EX and X-Ray buttons to Kustom Kombos
- Added a Forum button for each character, which links you to the character forum on testyourmight.com.
- Fixed some errors with Takeda.
- Fixed some errors with Raiden.

I also added a button in the prefs that goes to this thread for support and bug reporting.

Jynks

some heroes are born, some made, some wondrous
great stuff man. haha.. did you know what you were in for when you started this? :p

purbeast

Noob
great stuff man. haha.. did you know what you were in for when you started this? :p
Yeah this isn't my first app I've made. I honestly feel like I'm putting more effort into this one than past ones though, as far as added features/support goes, but it's cool because it's also a hobby, and things like this look good on the resume as well :)

The thing is too, about the way I've structured this app, that I can adapt this to any other fighting game with not too much effort other than new graphics/data. So this "template" if you will, will also work for future fighters.

I do think though after I get this same update to the iOS version, I'm going to be taking a little bit of a break from this app, other than when new characters come out and patches come out.

protools27

Rebel without a scene
Yeah this isn't my first app I've made. I honestly feel like I'm putting more effort into this one than past ones though, as far as added features/support goes, but it's cool because it's also a hobby, and things like this look good on the resume as well :)

The thing is too, about the way I've structured this app, that I can adapt this to any other fighting game with not too much effort other than new graphics/data. So this "template" if you will, will also work for future fighters.

I do think though after I get this same update to the iOS version, I'm going to be taking a little bit of a break from this app, other than when new characters come out and patches come out.
I just noticed that the frame data for scorpions b32f2 string is missing in his hellfire and inferno variations

purbeast

Noob
I just noticed that the frame data for scorpions b32f2 string is missing in his hellfire and inferno variations
I'll have to check on that when I get home. What happens when you click on it from inside the Kombos list? Does it just show empty values there? Or is that Kombo completely missing from the list?

protools27

Rebel without a scene
I'll have to check on that when I get home. What happens when you click on it from inside the Kombos list? Does it just show empty values there? Or is that Kombo completely missing from the list?
ok my bad its there, when you click the icon it appears that nothing happens, but you have to scroll down to view the data.

purbeast

Noob
ok my bad its there, when you click the icon it appears that nothing happens, but you have to scroll down to view the data.
Ah yeah, that is because it must be the last item in the list there. Yeah I'm not sure if there is anything I can do about that on my end since it basically makes the view longer and the user just has to scroll down. I wonder if I can programatically scroll down if it is the last one in the list...

protools27

Rebel without a scene
Ah yeah, that is because it must be the last item in the list there. Yeah I'm not sure if there is anything I can do about that on my end since it basically makes the view longer and the user just has to scroll down. I wonder if I can programatically scroll down if it is the last one in the list...
yea its the last one on the list, happens for all of the last strings. not a huge deal now that I know lol