What's new

General/Other - Goro Goro General Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

SPY

Noob
Ingame frame data is wrong? 21 string have 32 frames of block advantage when canceled, Dragon Breath have 29 frames of startup, BUT AI is able to backdash out of this string.
Anyway Tigrar Fury Jip-21~bf2-f3~bf4 build ~75% of one bar of meter+10.88% chip damage. It have less than 6frame gaps on 21toDB and DBtoF3.

Last edited:

Phosferrax

Original Liu Kang cop.
I really don't get the point of Dragon Fangs. What does it add? Maybe Kuatan Warrior has a use somewhere, but I'm not seeing why someone would choose those 2 over Tigrar Fury in the long run.

NRF CharlieMurphy

Kindergarten Meta
Ingame frame data is wrong? 21 string have 32 frames of block advantage when canceled, Dragon Breath have 29 frames of startup, BUT AI is able to backdash out of this string.
Anyway Tigrar Fury Jip-21~bf2-f3~bf4 build ~75% of one bar of meter+10.88% chip damage. It have less than 6frame gaps on 21toDB and DBtoF3.
you're a beautiful person

This is happy

Phosferrax

Original Liu Kang cop.
Gotta be a tad more specific about what you're talking about here bud :)
Just everything about the character. Her range and speed were giving me real problems, and I felt that she can actually sit fullscreen and give Goro a hard time with her vortex swarm and bug grenade because his dash/run is terrible, and in order to get damage you have to end your combos in grab which throws them 3/4 of the screen away and gives you nothing. His fireballs are too slow to bother her, her run is incredible and the speed and range of her d4, b2 (or f2, can't remember) and b1 is such an issue for him I feel. I felt like I could only really throw ex punchwalk out randomly to beat it out and only get about 30% into no setup where she can get over 40% midscreen.

NRF CharlieMurphy

Kindergarten Meta
Just everything about the character. Her range and speed were giving me real problems, and I felt that she can actually sit fullscreen and give Goro a hard time with her vortex swarm and bug grenade because his dash/run is terrible, and in order to get damage you have to end your combos in grab which throws them 3/4 of the screen away and gives you nothing. His fireballs are too slow to bother her, her run is incredible and the speed and range of her d4, b2 (or f2, can't remember) and b1 is such an issue for him I feel. I felt like I could only really throw ex punchwalk out randomly to beat it out and only get about 30% into no setup where she can get over 40% midscreen.
Yeah her range is a real dick.
She's a character that i'd end combo's with punchwalk to stay on top of her all day.

Just have to find the right cue to know my puchwalk isn't going to drop during the combo.

regulas

Your Emporer
I really don't get the point of Dragon Fangs. What does it add? Maybe Kuatan Warrior has a use somewhere, but I'm not seeing why someone would choose those 2 over Tigrar Fury in the long run.
In dragon like everything you do deals around 5-9% on block. The point really is just to apply pressure without worrying about breaking there defences because you deal so much chip. Lots of spins and lots of 5 frame pokes with the occasional throw. People go on and on about the need for mix-ups and this is one of the few variants that doesn't really care that much.

Phosferrax

Original Liu Kang cop.
In dragon like everything you do deals around 5-9% on block. The point really is just to apply pressure without worrying about breaking there defences because you deal so much chip. Lots of spins and lots of 5 frame pokes with the occasional throw. People go on and on about the need for mix-ups and this is one of the few variants that doesn't really care that much.
I haven't really taken it into the lab, didn't know it did big dammy on block. Will have a look.

SPY

Noob
you're a beautiful person

This is happy
Thank you!
Here is the Ultimate chip Tigrar Fury Goro combo: jip-21~bf2-f3~x-ray-f21~bf2-f3~bf4 grand total 20.63% chip damage. First part builds ~40% of one bar, after x-ray ~80% of one bar. Opponent cannot poke in any gap. Opponent cannot reversal with 5 frame special in any gap, unless its Meleena's Roll or Scorpion's Takedown(very low profile on startup). Opponent cannot jump out from any gap without getting hit. Opponent potentially can backdash, but it requires manual, non reversal timing. Ofc they can armor through any gap besides f3~x-ray one.

regulas

Your Emporer
I haven't really taken it into the lab, didn't know it did big dammy on block. Will have a look.
Hum.... something is off did they patch fangs? It doesnt seem to be dealing any different dmg anymore wtf... Spin is still the same chip as always but nothing else is doing any different dmg now... it's still good chip dmg so shrug.

Last edited:
The Chest Charge or whatever it is in Kuatan Warrior is SO GOOD as a midrange punish. I main Reptile and I feel like I have another Elbow Dash with this move. It's my go-to quick punish if they do something unsafe, and the thing goes almost half the screen.

Ground Pound shenanigans earn some wakeup damage sometimes but that charge is the real reason to use Kuatan imo.

regulas

Your Emporer
Um ok did they patch som
The in game frame data says tigrar fury dragon breath is +10 on block. Is that actually correct? 0.o
As far as I can tell yes, but at 29 frame start-up and with its odd hitbox it's not always that useable except on the end the one or two strings with enough cancel to handle it.

chief713

Vertebral Subluxationist
Been experimenting with Fangs. Didn't think it was worth it at first because Spin is functionally very similar to punch walk and seemed redundant, but it has some perks that I like. Does more damage, good for AA and the EN version bounces them higher than EN punch walk, so you can get an extra ~3% in combos. Also, much easier to cancel into than punch walk (or shokan grab) and leaves you at better advantage on block.

Still need to experiment with Kuatan. But it's looking like all his variations have some good stuff. It's hard for me to choose haha.

ColdBoreMK23

Noob Saibot
I played some nice sets with Goro last night after only labbing him a bit in the beginning. I'm liking him a lot and he is gonna be my secondary . I'm playing KW variation but haven't played around with the other two yet.

Been experimenting with Fangs. Didn't think it was worth it at first because Spin is functionally very similar to punch walk and seemed redundant, but it has some perks that I like. Does more damage, good for AA and the EN version bounces them higher than EN punch walk, so you can get an extra ~3% in combos. Also, much easier to cancel into than punch walk (or shokan grab) and leaves you at better advantage on block.

Still need to experiment with Kuatan. But it's looking like all his variations have some good stuff. It's hard for me to choose haha.
With fangs you can go b3 cancel into enhanced fangs for a 35ish percent combo. It gives him a threatening low starter

Status
Not open for further replies.