What's new

General/Other - Goro Goro General Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

regulas

Your Emporer
exPW gives you easy 29% combo: exPW-njp-f21~dbf3
exSG
gives you ability to choose direction of the throw, just like Sheeva's exGrab&Punch.
Stomp - as I disscused with you, it's 50\50, unless in corner.
exLowFB close version is easy comboable, +8 on block. EXdb4-b2-walk-f3~dbf3 27%.
DB just as LowFB don't have safe blockstring cancels, only frametraps. It's range is ok. You can play footsies with it pretty well - just buffer d4~bf2 out of their range when you think they will throw normal, walk or run in, for a free +13\+18 advantage. You can do same thing with close LowFB.
4 is ok, plus have good cancel advantage, but it's High and as far as I remember correctly it have worse combo scaling than f3.
Im not sure about "if they were trying to attack they won't be able to block before the punchwalk (due to it being beyond human reaction speed)" part. If you hit them with d3 then they are at disadvantage, but opponent will be in blockable stun, so they will able to block PW if you cancel intro it. If they block d3 then you still have enough cancel advantage for PW to connect in time, but that will be just a frametrap, they will be able to armor through it.
3d3 just have better combo options in corner. Cancel it mid screen to something like exPW for a combo(3d3~EXbf4-f3~dbf3 30%). It's not cancelable on block!
21 is High, Overhead with 9f startup, 0f on block. Slightly more range than b12u2 string, no gaps, good cancel advantage. Probably best Goro's jip block string.
I looking forward for a full guide.
I'll look to add your notes soon.

Some comments:

For EX lowfireball what I mean is that you can't reliably confirm that you will get a hit, and as such I find it's better to save EX for punchwalk.

For DB it might only be a frame trap but some are completely safe, and several are true combos if they were hit.

As for the low poke, while it's true that they can technically block it, this will only work if they were holding block during their attack. Otherwise by the time they realise their attack was countered and press block your punchwalk will already have connected.

I do find the stomp can be redirected on reaction in combos.

General note while fastest possible human reaction speed is around 8 frames, only a few people can do this and it will be sporadic and rare for them. A realistic fast reaction speed is around 14-16 frames with up to 20 frames still being quite normal (1 frame is around 16ms). People often don't realise how much of what they do is actually pre-emptive/predictive based on what's already occurred.

It's actually why I dislike streefighter as the game occurs entirely outside human reaction speed, in contrast to MK that occurs right on the cusp.

juicepouch

blink-182 enthusiast
b12u2 mid, very short range, but leads to best damage. 0 on block. Have around 7 frame gap.
21 high, overhead. More range than b12u2. 0 on block.
121 high, mid,mid. Looks like a tiny bit more range than 21. Build more meter on block than 21. Harder to hit confirm than 21. Less cancel advantage than 21. 0 on block.
f3 mid. Most reach out of all. Poor cancel advantage(potential 7f gaps on block). 0 on block.
d1 mid. Fastest of all, 6\7 frame punisher. For more about it. -5 on block.
d1 xx sg combos only on punishes? It'll be nice to have that as an option

SPY

Noob
Please provide a video, as it has not worked for me.
Just set AI to block with any -7 or more minus reversal. Punish it with any string\normal~SG and land it in their recovery window.
*Edit: SG will wiff if you hit them on neutral(not as punish).

Alright RyRy

Florida Kombat
Just set AI to block with any -7 or more minus reversal. Punish it with any string\normal~SG and land it in their recovery window.
*Edit: SG will wiff if you hit them on neutral(not as punish).
Because the d1 doesn't link. They are blocking after the D1

regulas

Your Emporer
So like I said, the D1 into SG DOES NOT COMBO. That is a 8-hit move that does 14%.

Thank you for proving my point.
@SPY

I've tested it out and it does work. It may not count as a combo but the throw will connect even if though they aren't blocking, which is the point

To test this record sub doing slide (so this way he is never blocking at all at any point). Then do a poke~grab on reversal and the throw will land even though sub isn't blocking. Ordinarily if you did poke~grab and they weren't blocking the throw should miss. This means that poke~grab can act as a standard reversal reliably.

SPY

Noob
So like I said, the D1 into SG DOES NOT COMBO. That is a 8-hit move that does 14%.

Thank you for proving my point.
Your point was "Because the d1 doesn't link. They are blocking after the D1","that wouldn't be a punish since the D1 connects, therefore making the SG whiff" and it proven wrong. If you look closely, you see that d1~dbf3 doing 16% in total despite combo meter say its only 14% and 8 hits.
*Edit: Thank you for support regulas!

Last edited:

regulas

Your Emporer
How are you guys getting poke into SG? I can't get it to cancel out on d1 or d3 at all
I will admit it can be an annoying input to get used to. It seems to come out easy standing neutral but in reversal I feel like I have to re-input down when starting the cancel into the throw.

SPY

Noob
anybody have a use for f2? that swag backhand is too cool to go the way of grundy's f2
I use it inside combos only and i have one true blockstring with it. You could use it at mid distance range for hit confirmable footsie, but probably there are better options.
F21 is hit confirmable, build more meter on block, good cancel advantage, 0 on block. F3 have more range with faster stratup, bad cancel advantage; B2 is juggle starter, not cancelable, have less range, bit faster startup and bit better AA properties, hit conirmable, both 0 on block too.

Metzos

You will BOW to me!
Here take a look.

That is, weird. How do you connect the d1xxSG on hit? Can you explain it a bit plz? Can this be used during poking for example, or is it only for hard punishes? If this is legit then this will be ground breaking for Goro's close game.

DaiHuu

Nightwolf Mourner

Goro OS tech that covers block and ex wake up. They can't jump because it's hella meaty and they can't punish with a backdash because you recover in time to continue your pressure. Now the hard part about this damn OS is getting it to work properly. If you look at the Goro bot inputs you have to sorta plink your block with your 4 button, here's the really rough part, if you do your block input too late, Goro will just try to punchwalk on their ex as well. You really need to just hit one then the other immediately. Also, you literally have to let go of the stick for this to work, no idea why. My guess is the game doesn't register your block input until your opponent decides to do a reversal, in which case the game is like "lol okay ex you go" and yeah...Brain still hurts trying to figure this stuff out.

In a perfect scenario this also makes punch walk occur on hit

Last edited:
Reactions: SPY

SPY

Noob
That is, weird. How do you connect the d1xxSG on hit? Can you explain it a bit plz? Can this be used during poking for example, or is it only for hard punishes? If this is legit then this will be ground breaking for Goro's close game.
As long as your string\poke lands in thier recovery window command grab will connect as part of the combo. Because of this property you can do pseudo option select with d1~SG: punish with it and if you land it in time - you got the combo, if you late and they block - you get d1 tick throw setup.

What are some simple mid screen meterless BnB's for Goro? The combo thread seems to be a lot of theory crafting and going for max %...I just want to figure out some basic BnB's in Kuatan Warrior, if anyone's willing to share off the top of their head.

RYX

BIG PUSHER
What are some simple mid screen meterless BnB's for Goro? The combo thread seems to be a lot of theory crafting and going for max %...I just want to figure out some basic BnB's in Kuatan Warrior, if anyone's willing to share off the top of their head.
f.3 xx punchwalk

3, d.3. xx command grab/punchwalk

b1, 2, u2, run cancel, b1, 2, u2, f.3 xx command grab

he doesn't have a lot of meterless options tbh but those are probably your safest bets, anything can cancel into punch walk for meh damage and good corner push

I think I have to take back what I said about the KW charge move being good...it's terrible at neutral (literally everything in the game out-prioritizes it) and it can't reliably punish online either ;_;

It also seems to randomly whiff sometimes for no good reason that I can discern...anyone else had this happen?

Last edited:

regulas

Your Emporer
In general because punchwalk offers 2 armor points and its time makes it easy to follow through with combo's this is really one of our main combo BnB's something like EXPunchwak~njp2,F21~Grab or Punchwalk for around 27-29% off 1 meter. Still this coupled with using grab on reversal is plenty enough, and really mastering cgrab reversal and tick timings is key to goro cause that throw is just awesome at 7 frames.

Our only good non meter extender move is b12u2, which is only really good in dragon fangs variant (due to better range and due to spinEX putting them closer to you).

I tend to rely more on special tech then full combo's.

SPY

Noob
For some weird reason SG will wiff if used as true punish poke\string cancel on some specials. I assume it's related to specials make opponet leave the ground as part of animation e.g. Cassie's Upkick.
Another interesting thing: according to Tom Brady's MKX Systems Guide you can block on last negative frame of recovery, but it look like you can also backdash on last negative frame.

Status
Not open for further replies.