What's new

General/Other - Goro Goro General Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Charybdis

We are returned! Death to the False Emperor!
Still during a mild character crisis over here, but I'm pretty positive now that Goro is my main. Fooled around with Jacqui and Cassie (oomph) but the Prince is the standout for me. I'm no lab monster or combo genius but I'll update with anything I can find.

All the variations are pretty good but I'm liking Tigrar the most. Gives me the option of laying down some zoning if I need to. Dragon Fangs is pretty awesome and the ground shake in Kuatan is very useful but I find the Chest Charge in KW interferes with my inputs so I'll probably go 70% Tigrar, 30% Dragon

Asodimazze

https://twitter.com/AlfioZacco
I'm liking Goro a lot, I don't think I will replace him soon enough. After Kung Jin he definetily is a nice 2nd character.
Tigrar and Dragon look like the best variations to me.

What do you guys think is his best anti-air?

RYX

BIG PUSHER
what does KW offer that makes him any good?

a blockable ground pound doesn't seem too good unless it's secretly amazing at letting him juke and punish projectiles

Madog32

PSN: ImaGiveItToUBaby
Did any of you who currently have Goro get him via preordering on PSN? I had mine preordered for a while, and yet I still can't use him. The kombat pack and the skin pack all work, but still no Goro :-/

ruff321

Noob
Yeah. Alot of people seem to have that issue. You should contact Sony I'm sure they'll figure something out.

JLG

Noob
To play with Goro on XBox One, I had to first redeem my pre-order code, which then said something like "You now own Goro." But I still had to download and install him from the XBox Market (It's accessible in game and out). Without redeeming the code, the market showed Goro with a price. With the code redeemed, it showed the download option instead of the price.

I think some players might be skipping a step, but I'm sure internet or XBox Live connectivity issues would also cause problems with activating Goro.

L1FTER

Noob
So after a few days with him now I'm thinking he may not be so good, his strings are so slow which makes it really hard to generate offence. I don't wanna give up on him but he may seem like more trouble then he's worth.

PerezzGomeZ

I saw your girl staring homie
So after a few days with him now I'm thinking he may not be so good, his strings are so slow which makes it really hard to generate offence. I don't wanna give up on him but he may seem like more trouble then he's worth.
I feel the same way dude,it's a pain in the ass to open someone up

DirtyDusclops

I am a casual and you should not value my opinion.
Did any of you who currently have Goro get him via preordering on PSN? I had mine preordered for a while, and yet I still can't use him. The kombat pack and the skin pack all work, but still no Goro :-/
I was having this problem too so I Googled it. The following worked for me "go to store.playstation.com, and under account name, go to "download list" and under "Mortal Kombat X", is "Goro", just select, "Download to your PS4". After that you'll see him added to downloads on your consile and you'll be good to go.

RYX

BIG PUSHER
His u2 and his u1 are the same exact move lol

I don't know how to play this guy but I'm having so much fun

BunLantern

Long live b13 minigun
Kuatan warrior is what I've been using mainly. Ground pound is really screwing with people trying to zone full screen. However it seems gimmicky and I feel like Tigrar might be the way to go because of the fireball pop ups.

regulas

Your Emporer
So if people are finding his normals too slow would that make him a specials oriented character? His specials are fantastically fast (7 frame grab!) and they tend to be super duper safe on block.

In fact with his fireballs and the fact that punchwalk and the grab nearly fullscreen it feels like tigrar might even be possible to zone with.

Immortal Kombat

almost moderate success
Can someone tell me about the properties he has on his armor? (Punch walk specifically). I wanted to main Goro because the rumor was he played like dd, I wasn't feeling it all. Does his punch walk go through projectiles? Can he wakeup safe with armor on it?

Status
Not open for further replies.