What's new

General Zod Early Gameplay Information from E3

regulas

Your Emporer
Finally enough has been revealed about him. He seems to be a pure zoner, most of his up close abilities seem to give you back distance, even his throw and parry knock them back a good chunk. And he has a parry that is the interesting part, a zoner with a parry.

Finally enough has been revealed about him. He seems to be a pure zoner, most of his up close abilities seem to give you back distance, even his throw and parry knock them back a good chunk. And he has a parry that is the interesting part, a zoner with a parry.

You sound like you've gotten your hands on him, or seen something of him? I don't remember seeing those notes about his normals anywhere.

GIVE US MORE!

Tavaski

Get tough, or die
Screw injustice, I'll wait for MK10, I gave injustice a fair enough try but the character movement and linear gameplay ruins it for me along with shitty DLC. Hope the ZOD fans won't be disappointed with their character.

Dizzy

False Information Police Officer
Premium Supporter
NetherRealm Studios
I can predict the next month:

1. Zod is released and is another broken DLC char
2. m2dave says Zod may be top 5 but is balanced, has bad options up close, and loses to Scorpion
3. Zod is eventually toned down, m2dave will say he is Kano tier regardless of him still being top 5/top 10

M2Dave

Zoning Master
I can predict the next month:

1. Zod is released and is another broken DLC char
2. m2dave says Zod may be top 5 but is balanced, has bad options up close, and loses to Scorpion
3. Zod is eventually toned down, m2dave will say he is Kano tier regardless of him still being top 5/top 10
My predictions:

1. Zod is released and is another top 5 character.
2. GGA fears that m2dave and AK Pig Of The Hut will win tournaments, so they cry for "normalizations".
3. Zod gets annihilated and becomes mid tier. GGA claims he is still top tier.

chores

bad at things
I think it's a symptom of how lame my job is... but I find the little tiff between M2D and GGA to be high-larious.
it reminds me of those scenes in romantic comedies where the dude and the girl are yelling back and forth and it keeps escalating, then they kiss, and they are mad but god dammit despite themselves they enjoy it. then they give in to nature and their bodies become one

Ninj

Where art thou, MKX Skarlet?
If Zod's pistol is anywhere between 10F-15F, Deathstroke may as well not even be in this game. He will be worthless to me because I don't understand how to use any of Deathstrokes other tools.
Fixed.

PS if anyone didn't understand m2daves mentality before, this is a perfect example. He writes off older characters in their entirety if a different character has a better version of a tool he bases his entire strategy around. And by one tool I mean one special - completely disregarding their normals, traps, footsie tools, combo damage. None of those matter, right?

Only full screen projectiles matter.

Looking forward to Zod being unbalanced and the hypocritical thread from you explaining why you like him and therefore why he's balanced and anyone who disagrees with your opinion-based "facts" is a "fool".

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 4 Beta