What's new

Feminist ad

They do it to show that in a few years, these girls will be the ones they're talking about. The ones who may one day be victims of rape and discrimination.

And yeah, most of the time the woman wins the child custody battle. But most of the time, it's also the right choice. Yes, they're collecting child support. But maybe they wouldn't have needed the man's money as much if they were afforded fair opportunities and pay.

It's not just that either. Most of the time, the man plays the dominant role in the relationship, and discourages the woman from starting a career. Then the man leaves, and the woman is left on her own, a lot of times with a lesser job history and higher educational attainment. Thankfully, that issue is getting better. But oftentimes custody battles go the way it should.
This doesn't really make sense.
So, once women start getting paid the same as men, they won't be raped anymore?
Criminals will be criminals.

I believe in equality for both genders, but the way some women go about to express their beliefs sickens me, same goes to some men who completely think old age and think women are inferior.

MisguidedAngel

Greetings, Mortal
there is a difference between sheltering, and actually teaching kids about things rather than giving them a statistic so they can run around and rage at the world. I am not denying systematic faults but let's not throw away the fact that our gender's are inherently different. I think this stuff is more about people collectively venting at the amount of pressure sexual competition puts on them rather than an attempt to right things. and this company is profiting off it.
Of course you'd be teaching them as well. That's how I was raised. I was never sheltered from gore and violence (mom would rent me different horror movies every weekend from the age of 4), sex (grandma of all people said have all the sex you want, just don't get anyone pregnant), and swears exist but don't use them often or you sound unintelligent (totally true). I turned out a bettter person for being taught that things in the world exist.

Genders aren't different enough to warrant some of the thoughts we have. There are very very few instances where a males natural strength advantage comes into play. There's no shortage of females who could kick the shit outta most men. Even in hunter gatherer societies the biological difference is meaningless. That strength advantage means nothing against a grizzly bear, wooly mammoth or moose, or bunny rabbit. It's our minds that give us an advantage over the world, and the technology we make and use, which women can do just as well. What differences warrant the statistically proven pay-gap?

rev0lver

Come On Die Young
This doesn't really make sense.
So, once women start getting paid the same as men, they won't be raped anymore?
Criminals will be criminals.

I believe in equality for both genders, but the way some women go about to express their beliefs sickens me, same goes to some men who completely think old age and think women are inferior.
What? No that point had nothing to do with rape. I was saying once they're being paid the same as men they won't have to be as dependent on them.

Juggs

Lose without excuses
Lead Moderator
Premium Supporter
It's not just that either. Most of the time, the man plays the dominant role in the relationship, and discourages the woman from starting a career. Then the man leaves, and the woman is left on her own, a lot of times with a lesser job history and higher educational attainment. Thankfully, that issue is getting better. But oftentimes custody battles go the way it should.
"Most" of the time? Is this the 60's?

"Most" of the time? Is this the 60's?
That's what I thought to myself too.
Studies have shown that it's much more common now than in the past for the woman to make more money than the man.
And slowly, men are actually becoming stay at home dads in some households more now too.

I think women have progressed very well, and I'm happy for that. They still have some more work to do. The only gripe I have is for the ones who have it against every single man instead of focusing on their goal of equality.

MisguidedAngel

Greetings, Mortal
The only gripe I have is for the ones who have it against every single man instead of focusing on their goal of equality.
These are outliers who shouldn't represent an entire community. I know it's common, but it's why we gamers, islam, christianaty etc shouldn't be judged by what a few crazy people do.

Of course you'd be teaching them as well. That's how I was raised. I was never sheltered from gore and violence (mom would rent me different horror movies every weekend from the age of 4), sex (grandma of all people said have all the sex you want, just don't get anyone pregnant), and swears exist but don't use them often or you sound unintelligent (totally true). I turned out a bettter person for being taught that things in the world exist.

Genders aren't different enough to warrant some of the thoughts we have. There are very very few instances where a males natural strength advantage comes into play. There's no shortage of females who could kick the shit outta most men. Even in hunter gatherer societies the biological difference is meaningless. That strength advantage means nothing against a grizzly bear, wooly mammoth or moose. It's our minds that give us an advantage over the world, and the technology we make and use, which women can do just as well. What differences warrant the statistacally proven pay-gap? I would love to hear.
Genders aren't different???
1. one produces a human being, the other plants the seed... it's extremely different...
2.testosterone vs estrogen... we both have both, but the seperate balance between the two has given us our niches... a lot of this societal and I want equal righs but to deny the very difference it creates i think is foolish. But i think at the base of our programming women tend to be competed over based on a specific set of values which is different from how women desire men. Masculinity and Feminity play a big role naturally... And let's not deny that being a male has it's own set of disadvantages...

Pay-gap: I am not saying it is warranted... but i want a full-blown analysis, not a statistic out of context... Like a specific position in which women aren't leaving or have a similar number of members in that position.... Statistics are only viable when i have context... I am not denying that the gap isn't real (it most certainly is) and there aren't things wrong... i am just saying i want context... Some real meaningful analysis... How about we endorse young girls to do that???? Rather than enforce an attitude of victimization towards men at a young age and an attitude. My general feeling about this sort of stuff is close-mindedness, and anything close-minded is bad. It makes me angry. It makes me want to start a chain of masculinist ads parodying it and portraying males as victims.

I whole heartedly agree that there is something fucked up and women are mistreated... But i despise this ad.

As a 4 year odl i would have been traumatized by certain movies and severe gore and sex... it's not meant to be felt until a more mature age... Sex is very powerful powerful thing and it demands a developed individual to participate.

rev0lver

Come On Die Young
That's what I thought to myself too.
Studies have shown that it's much more common now than in the past for the woman to make more money than the man.
And slowly, men are actually becoming stay at home dads in some households more now too.

I think women have progressed very well, and I'm happy for that. They still have some more work to do. The only gripe I have is for the ones who have it against every single man instead of focusing on their goal of equality.
It's more common now than in the past obviously. But it's not more common than the man making more money than the woman. I don't think that's a controversial statement. Men more often being the dominant member of the relationship probably won't change anytime soon.

MisguidedAngel

Greetings, Mortal
I didn't say they're not different. I meant those differences don't stop us from doing things as well as other genders. Look at the Aka tribe for context. There's a lot more examples than just them, but they have completely turned our ideas of gender roles around. They are completely reversed. Most things we see as fundamental differences are social creations, not related to our reproductive abilities.

I didn't say they're not different. I meant those differences don't stop us from doing things as well as other genders. Look at the Aka tribe for context. There's a lot more examples than just them, but they have completely turned our ideas of gender roles around. They are completely reversed. Most things we see as fundamental differences are social creations, not related to our reproductive abilities.
fair enough. But i did read that men are still expected to provide economically, and if not capable they take a more parental role. It's not completely reversed from what i understand.

We are about to derail this thread with a nature nurture debate. I agree with you on this though fair point, we both genders are diversified enough to play multiple roles. I just think there is a natural tendency.

Last edited:

Shaazzyam

undefeated online evo champion
Amazing ad.

If you feel uncomfortable watching then it is a success. That is the point.
Ya, I am uncomfortable. The "facts" presented in this needlessly antagonizing psa are false/highly questionable.

If you wanna improve the situation of women you can do it by being honest. Starting with this guy:

What differences warrant the statistically proven pay-gap?
This is a myth.

Juggs

Lose without excuses
Lead Moderator
Premium Supporter
The main problem with feminism is the women who have used it incorrectly and have given it a bad name. So whenever someone thinks of the term, that's what they think of, instead of what feminism actually means and stands for.

MisguidedAngel

Greetings, Mortal
This is a myth.
Good talk. I'm sure your research is both deep and thorough.

Obama had to pass a law for it, by the way. A law for a make-believe story? People spend their lives researching this stuff, so it's offensive when someone just comes in, maybe used google for a few seconds, and writes off life work as a myth without any follow up.

Last edited:

Law Hero

There is a head on a pole behind you
Even if it were an honest ad promoting equality and highlighting social issues, the way it's presented works against itself.

If your message's presentation causes more debate than the actual issues mentioned, then it really fails. Likewise, if the presentation causes a kneejerk reaction from the audience which makes them automatically dismiss it, then it has also failed. Using little girls constantly swearing to "shock" the audience is counter-intuitive since the audience is going to (likely) be more upset over the cursing than the actual issues presented. It's really easy to shock and offend people, but it takes finesse to really drive a point home, something that this ad lacks. Regardless, BUY T-SHIRTS, BUY T-SHIRTS.

xWildx

What a day. What a lovely day.
Lmao that was amazing

Edit: Also, it appears as if a lot of you don't seem to understand feminism and think of it only on the most basic and insulting level. There are always extremists and other poor examples in every party, and to assume feminists all share these same qualities is as ignorant as any other form of bigotry. If you want a more realistic approach and explanation of feminism I'd suggest watching Emma Watson's speech on it.

Shaazzyam

undefeated online evo champion

Pay-gap: I am not saying it is warranted... but i want a full-blown analysis, not a statistic out of context... Like a specific position in which women aren't leaving or have a similar number of members in that position.... Statistics are only viable when i have context... I am not denying that the gap isn't real (it most certainly is) and there aren't things wrong... i am just saying i want context... Some real meaningful analysis... How about we endorse young girls to do that???? Rather than enforce an attitude of victimization towards men at a young age and an attitude. My general feeling about this sort of stuff is close-mindedness, and anything close-minded is bad. It makes me angry. It makes me want to start a chain of masculinist ads parodying it and portraying males as victims.
It's completely false.

These statistics ignore societal factors. Many times high-salaried women will marry another high-salaried guy...and then drop out of the work force precisely because they married a high-salary guy and can afford to do so. There's nothing wrong with being a stay at home mom but people like to pretend that these gender preference differences don't exist when they throw out the unadjusted 77% pay gap. They overstate the case when variables are actually controlled for.

Good talk. I'm sure your research is both deep and thorough.

Obama had to pass a law for it, by the way. A law for a make-believe story? People spend their lives researching this stuff, so it's offensive when someone just comes in, maybe used google for a few seconds, and writes off life work as a myth without any follow up.

The pay gap is totally misleading, as it is only a snapshot of average yearly full-time incomes that does not account for overtime (about 90% male), type of work, or other non-discriminatory, voluntary factors.

Stop browsing tumblr for your facts, friend.

Even if it were an honest ad promoting equality and highlighting social issues, the way it's presented works against itself.

If your message's presentation causes more debate than the actual issues mentioned, then it really fails. Likewise, if the presentation causes a kneejerk reaction from the audience which makes them automatically dismiss it, then it has also failed. Using little girls constantly swearing to "shock" the audience is counter-intuitive since the audience is going to (likely) be more upset over the cursing than the actual issues presented. It's really easy to shock and offend people, but it takes finesse to really drive a point home, something that this ad lacks. Regardless, BUY T-SHIRTS, BUY T-SHIRTS.
Idk. The girls saying fuck are getting our attention and making us talk about it. And that's not offensive to me. The only thing I didn't like was when they said "teach boys not to rape" . I understand wht they were trying to say but I didn't like how they said it.

THTB

Arez | Booya | Riu48 - Rest Easy, Friends
Idk. The girls saying fuck are getting our attention and making us talk about it. And that's not offensive to me. The only thing I didn't like was when they said "teach boys not to rape" . I understand wht they were trying to say but I didn't like how they said it.
That type of thing is kinda hard to say without being blunt, IMO.