What's new

Feminist ad

Pan1cMode

AUS FGC represent!
The United States Department of Justice official stat is 1 in 6. https://www.ncjrs.gov/pdffiles1/nij/183781.pdf

And that's just rape, not taking into account the broader definition of "sexual assault".
Your statistic is 19 years old with a poor sample size, limited scope and some biased questions.

The incidents of reported forcible rape in America during 2012 were 84,376.

That works out to be roughly 53 woman in 100,000 being raped each year. Now if 50% of rapes are unreported, then the statistic inflates to 106 in 100,000 women are raped per year.

Assuming that each case of rape is to a new woman, and that a woman lives 80 years, than that statistic becomes:

Incident rate*exposure
=106*80
= 8480 women per 100,000
~ 1 in 12

The actual statistic is much lower since rapes to women over 40 are statistical outliers, and not every reported rape was to a different woman. It also assumes that every reported rape was an actual rape and not a false allegation.

This is still way too many, and still an absolute abomination; but it is not 1 in 6. Sensationalism and inflated statistics only distract from the true horror of the reality. Sexual assault is bad enough, we don't need false statistics to make it worse.
No. Especially because you're talking about an anecdotal quote which is supposedly a thing you don't like. As I said, I have been involved with actual research in this. Many times, they do not WANT to hire a female with the same qualifications as a male for the same job in these fields. Some only will with affirmative action because it looks good, as @Pan1cMode mentioned.

You're missing a major part of the point though. Part of the issue of our lack of women in these jobs is explained by a lack of them studying it. There are very similar issues in acceptance to academic programs and major issues with discrimination&uncomfortability with peers/teachers within these programs, which prevents them from entering or continuing with them in the first place.
So basically what you're saying is they don't like a male dominated workforce area so they choose not to pursue work in that area.... That's exactly what I'm saying. You're then making the leap that a male dominated work place = discrimination. Is it discrimination that the majority of child care workers, school teachers, nurses and kindergarten workers are female? Why aren't feminists fighting for more female garbage collectors, or truckers, or firefighters, or steel workers?

Last edited:

BlackBryan

B*tch Distributor
Jesus Christ, I already hate all these feminist women who think men are the evilest of them all.

How low can these idiots get as to use little girls and exploit, mind control them to get their point across?
This video is garbage and quite sad.
What they don't mention is for the most part, the man loses custody of the child in a divorce, as well as half of (more or less) of his property, and he's stuck paying child support. ( I can name countless other examples that feminists don't bring up, it's inconvenient for them)
Yet you have the same women collecting child support, meanwhile they are ranting about how they don't need a man to raise their child lol.

/rant over

#hatefeminists
Said correctly. I hate feminists, not feminism.

Nobody should give anyone money post divorce. Shit didn't work, move on. Nobody should make more money than their counterpart. And if you don't want me to look at your ass, don't show your ass. Male or female. If ass is out, we all look.

Shaazzyam

undefeated online evo champion
No. Especially because you're talking about an anecdotal quote which is supposedly a thing you don't like. As I said, I have been involved with actual research in this. Many times, they do not WANT to hire a female with the same qualifications as a male for the same job in these fields. Some only will with affirmative action because it looks good, as @Pan1cMode mentioned.

You're missing a major part of the point though. Part of the issue of our lack of women in these jobs is explained by a lack of them studying it. There are very similar issues in acceptance to academic programs and major issues with discrimination&uncomfortability with peers/teachers within these programs, which prevents them from entering or continuing with them in the first place.
Some workforces are dominated by certain genders. In a hospital like 90% of the staff are female, and 10% are male. And the majority of the males are doctors with only few male nurses. Some jobs attract more of one sex than the other, because its pushed over and over since childhood, with toys or Tv show, that males do X and Female do Y. And females who do X are weirds, and X who do Y are "obviously gay" or whatever.

Now do you consider that sexism? I don't think so but if they're doing what they enjoy, who are we to say they're wrong? If they're free to choose what they want, who am I to say enigineering/developer is a better choice for you than, teacher or librarian, to name a couple of generally female composed occupations.

For example, I imagine that one of the primary reasons why there aren't as many female developers in gaming is because there aren't as many female computing majors. It's something like 15% of computing graduates being female in the last few years. And this is not some underlying patriarchy thing, women used to be 40% of graduates, and it's been dropping sharply since the 1980's. It's like they just aren't interested.

How can a company hire someone if they don't apply?

EGP Wonder_Chef

Official Quan Chi Nerf Demander™
I like the line "teach boys not to rape"

uh... I don't think anybody was like "MY DAD NEVER TOLD ME RAPE WASN'T OKAY. IT WAS JUST A LACK OF EDUCATION!"

No opinions on anything else in that video, that one line was silly though.

Zoidberg747

My blades will find your heart
Tbh these statistics are almost certainly less than reality too. Many rape victims don't report it or will even admit they've been raped.
I agree with this. We can never know how many women are actually sexually assaulted since it is so often not in their best interest to do so.

I remember a girl here got her life threatened when she said a football player raped her. The school and parents of the players sent so many threats she eventually dropped the charges. Victim blaming is real.

Last edited:

HellblazerHawkman

Confused Thanagarian
I don't think this is how they should go about spreading feminist ideas.

Martin Luther King Jr. and Malcolm X had the same goals. The difference was how they achieved them.

There's a reason we celebrate MLK day and not Malcolm X day.
MLK is one of my favorite advocates in all of history. His spoke of everyone being equal, his "Dream" being of little black and white children playing together, not little black children having the same toys because they have it so bad, and here are some numbers and if you disagree with me then you hate all black people. He didn't focus on how bad they had it, he spread the word on how we can make everything equal. That kind of teaching brings greatness out of our youths

The shit in this video teaches these girls "fuck men, my life is terrible because of them".

I agree with this. We can never know how many women are actually sexually assaulted since it is so often not in their best interest to do so.

I remember a girl here got her life threatened when she said a football raped her. The school and parents of the players sent so many threats she eventually dropped the charges. Victim blaming is real.
That must have been one evil football to do such a thing... and for the people to have such unwaivering support of the football is so piggish it makes my skin crawl

Shaazzyam

undefeated online evo champion
That must have been one evil football to do such a thing... and for the people to have such unwaivering support of the football is so piggish it makes my skin crawl
holy shit i just noticed that thank you

#notallfootballs

Said correctly. I hate feminists, not feminism.

Nobody should give anyone money post divorce. Shit didn't work, move on. Nobody should make more money than their counterpart. And if you don't want me to look at your ass, don't show your ass. Male or female. If ass is out, we all look.
to be fair, if a woman changes her life for you and you agree to support her and then you divorce it's kind of a dick thing to have her hung out to try because she made that sacrifice. A lot of situations she deserves some support and vice/versa

rev0lver

Come On Die Young
So basically what you're saying is they don't like a male dominated workforce area so they choose not to pursue work in that area.... That's exactly what I'm saying. You're then making the leap that a male dominated work place = discrimination. Is it discrimination that the majority of child care workers, school teachers, nurses and kindergarten workers are female? Why aren't feminists fighting for more female garbage collectors, or truckers, or firefighters, or steel workers?
No, that's not what I'm saying. Being male-dominated isn't what's inherently creating discrimination. Some of it is the same exact thing it is in gaming. But if you're going to say gender discrimination doesn't exist in the FGC I don't know what to tell you

MKF30

Fujin and Ermac for MK 11
Women using little girls as pawns for their stupid feminism is superior 'cause' as an excuse to dress like a doll whores and use the word 'fuck' is disgusting and ridiculous.

Not that feminists are too bright to begin with but this is a new low....

haketh

Noob
Women using little girls as pawns for their stupid feminism is superior 'cause' as an excuse to dress like a doll whore and use the word 'fuck' is disgusting and ridiculous.

Not that feminists are too bright to begin with but this is a new low....
The Edge

Pan1cMode

AUS FGC represent!
No, that's not what I'm saying. Being male-dominated isn't what's inherently creating discrimination. Some of it is the same exact thing it is in gaming. But if you're going to say gender discrimination doesn't exist in the FGC I don't know what to tell you
It'd be exactly like the FGC if women didn't have to pay entry fee, were given an easy bracket and were given no. 1 seed at every tournament. No I'm not saying women have it easier than men, but what I am saying is you're completely disregarding female autonomy when you deny the fact that when given a choice of jobs, females prefer non-STEM jobs with more flexible working arrangements and less job risk. You're making it out as if women don't have a choice, when the reality is they have a choice, they just choose different things to men.

I was talking to someone the other day who lamented the lack of females in STEM fields. I asked her what she was studying, she replied, "Political sciences." I then asked her why she didn't study something science/maths related. She told me that didn't interest her. She failed to see the hypocrisy in her statements.

Hitoshura

Head Cage
I don't get along with feminists too well. I think it's because I believe in equality and they believe all men should die. *shrugs*

I haven't seen this pay gap at any place I have worked. There are woman co-workers of mine doing the same job I'm doing, who I happen to know are making more than I do. As far as the children saying f*ck, that is just the Miley Cyrus effect. Doing something outrageous has benefits apparently. They will sell a few more t-shirts because of it. Its all about what you can live with. If they can sleep at night making money in this fashion, more power to them.

BillStickers

Do not touch me again.
I'm a feminist.

Pay discrepancies are real; the infographic above even says so but tries to hide behind sexist smoke and mirrors.

Take a second to stop the constant denial and just *assume* that some of the inequalities of our society actually exist. Once you break that barrier, you can work on solutions to problems, no matter how theoretical you think they are.