What's new

Breakthrough - Raiden F1 being a high now redundant, Quan has a 6f D1

buyacushun

Normalize grab immunity.
a 6 frame mid is too much,a 6 frame high with that hitbox is a perfect punisher.

because a 9 frame mid that is cancelable in socker(-6 on block with pushback),builds half a bar and is easilly confirmable to a full combo,is something any character would pray for...the big difference with his current f1 whould be that no1 will try to poke when minus(lets say more than -3 or -4 frames) or he will get caought by this 9 frame mid.so they will jave to respect it,and even then raiden will be able to build about half a bar.
Why would a 6f mid be too much though? I think you're talking about TG and even then isn't all of his teleport strings punishable or at the very least the opponent can escape.

No offense dude, but I'm confused by this entire paragraph. Why would they need to respect a 9 frame mid when they could just poke out of it? Shocker builds half a bar? I'm not trying to be a dick or anything but I'm just not seeing what you're trying to say at all.
Probably talking from a TG perspective.

i mean,lets say that in any given situation that raiden is +3 or more frames,the opponent whould not be able to poke cause even a 6 frame poke whould be stuffed by a 9 frame mid.

socker does not but f12b2xxsocker build about half a bar(on block ofc).
Mos and Disp raiden are never more than +2 on block minus some ex teleport cancels. Idk Fireball cancel frames.

EDIT: this post is all messed up. Stupid TYM on mobile.

Last edited:

SonicNinja3532

The Wannabe Prodigy
Why would a 6f mid be too much though? I think you're talking about TG and even then isn't all of his teleport strings punishable or at the very least the opponent can escape.
The only plus cancels he has are b11 and f24 which are both plus 3.

EDIT: Part of your reply didn't quote properly.

thundergod does not have any teleport...
it whould be too much because he had it and it was broken...

buyacushun

Normalize grab immunity.
The only plus cancels he has are b11 and f24 which are both plus 3.

EDIT: Part of your reply didn't quote properly.
B11 and F24 cancelled into LBRC are +3?

thundergod does not have any teleport...
it whould be too much because he had it and it was broken...
The strings where he sprays lightning and teleport. . . Like 1122.

Please explain why you think the f1 mid was actually too much/broken. "Not just it was broken"

BigMilk

Former Divine Power Abuser
@DarkSomethinG TG Raiden doesn't need a damage buff because he ends everything w resets or in the corner. You shouldn't be able to get ridiculous damage from a 6 frame punish one bar either. The balance is poor meterless damage/decent damage w meter for resets or corner carry & ridiculous meter build.

Barrogh

Meta saltmine
i think if they change f1,and make it a 8-9f mid it whould be perfectly ballanced.he will no longer be able to punish everything but he will be able to apply more pressure(and ofc he will have again a reliable mid).
he also needs a dmg buff,his combos are like 40 hits,32% dmg,wtf?
Why are people so obsessed with requesting 9f mid f1 instead of already existing 9f mid that is b1 being fixed/tweaked/whatever?

The balance is poor meterless damage/decent damage w meter for resets or corner carry & ridiculous meter build.
Which evidently doesn't work as there are characters with pretty much all that, but also damage and mixups that are viable not only with standing reset.

I feel as if his F+1 hit collision has been adjusted. Since its a high now the hit detection is different. The motion hits at the peak of his attack making it more than 6 frames.

buyacushun

Normalize grab immunity.
Why are people so obsessed with requesting 9f mid f1 instead of already existing 9f mid that is b1 being fixed/tweaked/whatever?
maybe cause the combo possibilities from b1 and f1 are different.
b1 is -9 as is b11 unless the in game data is wrong about that.
F1 covered an area in Raiden's neutral game and now there is an obvious gap with in how he approaches. So people figure appease to the not Raiden players by increasing the startup and getting it back. But then I feel like that wouldn't fill gap.

Barrogh

Meta saltmine
maybe cause the combo possibilities from b1 and f1 are different.
Everything is a subject to change as long as we are discussing patches. So, I should probably rewrite my question: why do people feel that Raiden must lose 6f high if he wants particular 9f mid?

buyacushun

Normalize grab immunity.
Everything is a subject to change as long as we are discussing patches. So, I should probably rewrite my question: why do people feel that Raiden must lose 6f high if he wants particular 9f mid?
if F1 stayed a 6f high. Where would you put the 9? Raiden only has F3 as an option left. I guess we could hope for a "new" normal from NRS.

BigMilk

Former Divine Power Abuser

Which evidently doesn't work as there are characters with pretty much all that, but also damage and mixups that are viable not only with standing reset.
There might be characters with all that and more but he still has it and it works. Every character can't be the best. This isn't his issue though.

Barrogh

Meta saltmine
There might be characters with all that and more but he still has it and it works.
Poorly enough to show gaps where others don't experience them.

Every character can't be the best.
But every character can offer something others don't, even if he is considered weaker overall. This implementation of Raiden doesn't.

This isn't his issue though.
My personal opinion is that his problem is generic design and resulting lack of a niche.

B11 and F24 cancelled into LBRC are +3?

The strings where he sprays lightning and teleport. . . Like 1122.

Please explain why you think the f1 mid was actually too much/broken. "Not just it was broken"
because it was,i played vanilla raiden,and i never had to poke cause i was just f1 anywhere,i didn't even care about my pokes,i didn't even know how much frames they were cause i really never used one,i didn't have to...whenever i was near the opponent and even when we was neutral on block or when i was +1 or more i always went for f1 that builds half a bar or punish your opponent for trying anything without armor.i also remember that the game had so much more broken stuff,but i also remember that with raiden i just never gave a fuck,cause he was the most broken char i ever played in a fighting game,and now without his 6 frame mid,raiden is mid or mb high tier,proving how broken his f1 was.

@DarkSomethinG TG Raiden doesn't need a damage buff because he ends everything w resets or in the corner. You shouldn't be able to get ridiculous damage from a 6 frame punish one bar either. The balance is poor meterless damage/decent damage w meter for resets or corner carry & ridiculous meter build.
his damage is poor,his corner carry is crazy,but his meterbuild is not as good as it was,cause with f1 being a high opponents can now easilly escape with a poke and his other strings are just not as good...still he has a more than average meter build.but again,as i mentioned before,there are chars with much greater tools,lets take jax as an example,he has almost the same corner carry with raiden,he has a 6 frame high that leads always to 40%-45% and he also has great meter building.also his 11 is +2 on block while raiden's(f12) is -6 i think.so explain to me why jax can have that and raiden not...

its simple,cause when raiden do b11 LBC to whatever,he can't do lbc again so he loses damage.
also if raiden doesn't have stamina cause he did LBCs for pressure(or when he breaks),when he eventually opens up his opponent he won't be able to combo(after a b11).
also b11 still has problems with its hitbox...

cause he really needs a reliable mid more than a good punisher.
e.g. what whould you prefer to have in cassie,her 6 frame 2 or her b1?

edit: a good solution whould be to add a lighting hit(just like f12b2) to b11,lets say b11b2.that whould solve many problems,ofc only if b11 is entirely fixed.

Last edited:

SonicNinja3532

The Wannabe Prodigy
its simple,cause when raiden do b11 LBC to whatever,he can't do lbc again so he loses damage.
also if raiden doesn't have stamina cause he did LBCs for pressure(or when he breaks),when he eventually opens up his opponent he won't be able to combo(after a b11).
also b11 still has problems with its hitbox...
B11 can be cancelled up twice, so on hit you can do b11 lrc 214 if you confirm. My setup is b11 lrc b11 lrc b11 shocker for like 8 percent or something.

B11 can be cancelled up twice, so on hit you can do b11 lrc 214 if you confirm. My setup is b11 lrc b11 lrc b11 shocker for like 8 percent or something.
i didn't know that,i have to play raiden for really long time...good to know...
about the damage,are you sure its so high? 7 hits 8%?usually the hits are more than the damage...good to know that too.

Barrogh

Meta saltmine
cause he really needs a reliable mid more than a good punisher.
Or is it both?

On a personal note, I'll repeat that this is not what I think Raiden needs, but for the sake of argument, whatever.

edit: a good solution whould be to add a lighting hit(just like f12b2) to b11,lets say b11b2.that whould solve many problems,ofc only if b11 is entirely fixed.
TG does have b1122, for the record. Maybe if you mean that others should get it too...
That, and that b input is unnecessary anyway. It serves no purpose.

Or is it both?

On a personal note, I'll repeat that this is not what I think Raiden needs, but for the sake of argument, whatever.

TG does have b1122, for the record. Maybe if you mean that others should get it too...
That, and that b input is unnecessary anyway. It serves no purpose.
i said b11b2 and the b2 to be the same as f12b2 in order to get a combo like b11b2 b14xxLBC 214xxsuperman.

buyacushun

Normalize grab immunity.
because it was,i played vanilla raiden,and i never had to poke cause i was just f1 anywhere,i didn't even care about my pokes,i didn't even know how much frames they were cause i really never used one,i didn't have to...whenever i was near the opponent and even when we was neutral on block or when i was +1 or more i always went for f1 that builds half a bar or punish your opponent for trying anything without armor.i also remember that the game had so much more broken stuff,but i also remember that with raiden i just never gave a fuck,cause he was the most broken char i ever played in a fighting game,and now without his 6 frame mid,raiden is mid or mb high tier,proving how broken his f1 was.
How did you build half a bar from TG's F1? Since the nerfs do you still build half a bar from F1? Also, if you're speaking from playing since day 1, I think people are now better equipped on a skill level basis to handle you going for the same normal over and over.

Last edited:

Chitter

Noob
Making f1 mid would be awesome, but it might create problems in TG variation and not a lot of people approve of it.

Instead, I think if f2 can be sped up it would be a good tool for the neutral game. Also if the f244 string can be made special cancelable, it would be great for getting damage off f2 and for pressure because its only -1. There would be a mind game if the opponent will do f2 or f244 or f244~shocker etc. Right now I think f2 is a little too slow. And maybe a faster d4, not sure about that one.

What do you guys think?

buyacushun

Normalize grab immunity.
Making f1 mid would be awesome, but it might create problems in TG variation and not a lot of people approve of it.

Instead, I think if f2 can be sped up it would be a good tool for the neutral game. Also if the f244 string can be made special cancelable, it would be great for getting damage off f2 and for pressure because its only -1. There would be a mind game if the opponent will do f2 or f244 or f244~shocker etc. Right now I think f2 is a little too slow. And maybe a faster d4, not sure about that one.

What do you guys think?
I faster D4 and maybe a little less negative or one of the two would be great. I feel Raiden has to be a bit more selective in when and what buttons he presses and that honestly sucks in this game. The teleport from displacer helps this. I think . . .need to really learn it.