What's new

EMPR CURBOLICIOUS Wins Mortal Kombat 9 at EVO & VXG Qualifier, Winter Brawl 7!

Pig Of The Hut

Day 0 Phenomenal Dr. Fate and Darkseid player
Still here.

Also never said online players were bad, so there's that.
I'm just saying maybe people who lose a lot online and complain about it would lose anyway and maybe just MAYBE it isn't online that needs work

Look at the top 8s of last two major ....proof is there

A specific kabal told me recently things would be different offline , they were he lost worse offline

I'm just saying maybe people who lose a lot online and complain about it would lose anyway and maybe just MAYBE it isn't online that needs work

A specific kabal told me recently things would be different offline , they were he lost worse offline
Those players who made top 8 would have made top 8 in 2011 if online were better. There would probably be more players too.

It's not news that online players can make top 8. It's happened many times. It just takes some serious patience to put up with online.

Krayzie

Co-founder
Founder
I like how an all Cyrax player finally makes it into the top 8, and loses to Kitana anyway... Lol

Good shit Noobe, I know your pain.

Zoidberg747

My blades will find your heart

I never talk about that. I always say that matchups should not be based on online play, because we need a standard since online CAN produce many variables, even under stable connections.

If people want to take online seriously and they level up from it, thats cool with me.

Pig Of The Hut

I never talk about that. I always say that matchups should not be based on online play, because we need a standard since online CAN produce many variables, even under stable connections.

If people want to take online seriously and they level up from it, thats cool with me.
I'm just referring to the while notion of when people say online sucks so bad they have no way to level up when in fact that's how a lot of top 8 placers level up

People use "online sux bro" as an excuse for their own ability all the time

Not naming names they know who they r

Rampage254

Ayy Lmao
I'm just referring to the while notion of when people say online sucks so bad they have no way to level up when in fact that's how a lot of top 8 placers level up

People use "online sux bro" as an excuse for their own ability all the time

Not naming names they know who they r
Now I don't feel so scrubby when I win online.

Juggs

Lose without excuses
Lead Moderator
Premium Supporter
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Where you at Online Complainers?
What does winning an offline tournament have to do with online? No one EVER said online players weren't good, but that you can't prove it playing online. Online is still ass for MK9.

Anywhozle, Congrats CURBOLICOUS

Cat

This guy looks kind of tuff...
Results go nuts when REO Is not around stomping everyone! Lol congrats to curbo and the rest of the ppl

Pig Of The Hut

What does winning an offline tournament have to do with online? No one EVER said online players weren't good, but that you can't prove it playing online. Online is still ass for MK9.

Anywhozle, Congrats CURBOLICOUS
Im saying most of the ones winning and placing in top 8 train online so people saying they cant train cause all they have is online is crap

So many people use "online bro" as an excuse and crutch

PL got ready for evo playing online both years, that worked out pretty well as did curbo here.

Juggs

Lose without excuses
Lead Moderator
Premium Supporter
Im saying most of the ones winning and placing in top 8 train online so people saying they cant train cause all they have is online is crap

So many people use "online bro" as an excuse and crutch

PL got ready for evo playing online both years, that worked out pretty well as did curbo here.
Well no one should be taking online seriously. When people hear that I think they get the wrong impression. Not taking it seriously means not taking winning or losing to heart. You can't prove a damn thing playing online. But you can prove that playing online is a good thing and can level you up by beating the competition at offline tournaments. Online is useful and it's how a lot of players these days level up, and there's a lot of great players who play online. But until you prove it at tournaments like Curbo and the others, being good online only doesn't mean anything.

Well no one should be taking online seriously. When people hear that I think they get the wrong impression. Not taking it seriously means not taking winning or losing to heart. You can't prove a damn thing playing online. But you can prove that playing online is a good thing and can level you up by beating the competition at offline tournaments. Online is useful and it's how a lot of players these days level up, and there's a lot of great players who play online. But until you prove it at tournaments like Curbo and the others, being good online only doesn't mean anything.
thats just not true. if i beat someone 10-0 online in good connection, im pretty sure im beating them offline too. online isn't as bad as some people make it out to be. you can definately prove how good you are online.