What's new

EMPR CURBOLICIOUS Wins Mortal Kombat 9 at EVO & VXG Qualifier, Winter Brawl 7!

STORMS

Co-founder
Founder
Premium Supporter
The Philadelphia area on its feet this weekend with Winter Brawl 7 tearing through. In what has become a most refreshing Top 8 for this Mortal Kombat 9 tournament with new players making the Top 8 rising from the scene. In this Top 8 you have players from Ohio, California, Florida and all over the U.S. battling for the Philadelphia trophy and a chance to go to the Video X Games in an all expense paid trip as well as seeding points for Evolution 2013! In the end results of players training and traveling to Winter Brawl 7, we'd like to Congratulate EMPR CURBOLICIOUS for taking Mortal Kombat 9!

detailsresults.jpg

Top 8 Match Results:

• CrazySawnikFaux88 (Mileena) vs FOREVER KING (Kung Lao) 2-1
  • EMPR CURBOLICIOUS (Kabal/Sonya) vs EGP OBS EMPR Tyrant (Jax) 2-1
  • PTH VSM revolver88 (Kitana) vs PTH xKhaotikx88 (Sonya) 0-2
  • EMPR DRGL Gross (Sektor) vs EMPR Noobe (Cyrax) 0-2
  • EGP OBS EMPR Tyrant (Jax) vs PTH xKhaotikx88 (Kitana) 0-2
  • EMPR Noobe (Cyrax) vs FOREVER KING (Sonya/Kabal) 2-1
  • EMPR Noobe (Cyrax) vs PTH xKhaotikx88 (Kitana) 0-2
  • EMPR CURBOLICIOUS (Kabal) vs CrazySawnikFaux88 (Mileena) 3-1
  • CrazySawnikFaux88 (Mileena) vs PTH xKhaotikx88 (Kitana/Sonya) 3-1
  • EMPR CURBOLICIOUS (Kabal) vs CrazySawnikFaux88 (Sonya/Mileena) 3-1
Congratulations to EMPR CURBOLICIOUS wins Mortal Kombat 9 at Winter Brawl 7 and will be going to the Video X Games in July!
wbgf.jpg

Attachments

HGTV Soapboxfan

"Always a Pleasure"
After I got bodied by curbo in pools I knew he was going to win this. Good job man, that kabal is looking sick. GGs to everybody at winter brawl!

Good stuff to Curbo to winning his first major. Not a fan of kabal, but gotta give respect when it due, awesome play.

Major props to Khoatik as well, and sawnik faux. Honorable mention: Phil(awesome stream), teamspooky(awesome stream as well), tyrant, revolver, forever king, noobe and everyone else that attended.

Seeing the top eight qualifiers I was all like "yaaaaaay!" then seeing that kabal won another tournament I was all like "boooooo"...

Nephrite

#Fujin4MK12BaseRoster
Very fun Top8! Congrats to everyone and special thanks to Khaotik for reppin' Kitty so nicely in Top8! Those anti-crossup enh. fan-lifts vs Fawx were tight! Well done to rev0lver for makin' it to Top8 as well, bad luck getting kicked out of the enhanced a$$ in the corner vs Khaotik.

My nigga Curbo, i was going for tyrant and maxter, but both got eliminated unfortunately, still good stuff to them and maxter will for sure bounce back and get top 8 again. Curbo played very good with kabal, great footsies, spacing, zoning, and pressure and he was able to win his first major. Looks like he finally found a good controller :p haha

CrimsonShadow

Administrator and Community Engineer
Administrator
Curbo has been steadily levelling up his characters and it showed. Really smart use of all of Kabal's tools and his timely f4's were a monster.

Overall this was a teriffic and hard-fought top 8.. Good to see some different faces there, and it proves that hard work, perseverance, and dedication will eventually pay off.