What's new

Ed Boon has very bad taste and all his posts on twitter signal bad possibilities for MK guests

RE characters??

I think they've used up all the decent to good guests and unless they want to try and get Ash again or do some Killer Instinct.
I think it's time to stop.

Jynks

some heroes are born, some made, some wondrous
There is always more "good" guests.... personally I think the MK roster is so huge now there is no need to eve r not have a non-cannon guest... but we all know that guests are not going away... ever. So it is a unproductive conversation to have saying they should stop doing it. They won't.

There is always more "good" guests.... personally I think the MK roster is so huge now there is no need to eve r not have a non-cannon guest... but we all know that guests are not going away... ever. So it is a unproductive conversation to have saying they should stop doing it. They won't.
Just because they won't stop doesn't mean I'll stop saying stop. Cuz they gotta stop. Or at least reduce from 5 Guests in 11.

Buffy, Pinhead, Pennywise, RE Losers, Michael Myers. Such crap ideas I hear for guest characters and that's what will truly never go away.
But would I take Daegon or Taven over them? No. Because at least guest characters are 1 use and go away.

Rude

You will serve me in The Netherrealm
I think guests are pretty interesting and allow for design space that isn't usually explored in the main cast. For example, I can't think of an MK character that could do Jason's Red Screen and have it make any sense.

It's never bothered me but I can see why it may for some people. I just think it's awesome that you could have Leatherface fight a cyborg ninja or the Alien.

Plus - and I'm sure a lot of you have noticed this - cross-brand projects can be seen all over pop culture now. It's pretty common for franchises and IPs to cross over in books, games, movies, TV shows, etc etc.

With all of that said...

We need either Abaddon The Despoiler or Angron for MK12. If you know, you know.

Rude

You will serve me in The Netherrealm
Havik. Took me like one second.

Edit: Like holy shit he even snaps his neck lmao.
He snaps his neck, but nothing about that has anything to do with the horror movie tropes Jason specifically invokes. The control swapping is supposed to be invocative of victims struggling to escape him.

Also...Havik doesn't have powers that would even suggest controller fuckery. He has a really strong healing factor, body contortion, and some blood magic.

Perhaps take more than one second in the future.

Afk Skinny

3D Krusader
He snaps his neck, but nothing about that has anything to do with the horror movie tropes Jason specifically invokes. The control swapping is supposed to be invocative of victims struggling to escape him.

Also...Havik doesn't have powers that would even suggest controller fuckery. He has a really strong healing factor, body contortion, and some blood magic.

Perhaps take more than one second in the future.
The controller fuckery could honestly fit with his chaos schtick

Eddy Wang

Skarlet scientist
If a guest character was included in the "main cast", like with the base roster of the game, then I could buy the argument that a guest character takes away a slot from an OG. But given that guests nowadays are almost always part of an additional add on which requires a separate purchase, I don't see how a guest actually takes a slot from an OG.

Fair enough, guest characters aren't really for the purists, they're for the casuals.
Even better when you can choose to not buy them

yeah I would really hate to miss out on actual good characters because WB suits/boomers wanted robocop, terminator, or rambo.

Spawn was requested by 90s dads
On the official forums for Mortal Kombat (2011), Spawn was regularly being requested by people in their 20's, which would put them in late-ish 20's for his inclusion in Mortal Kombat 11. Those would be millennials.

While I'm sure there are some boomers that play Mortal Kombat, Gen X is the oldest I usually see/hear playing it.