What's new

Combo List - D'Vorah D'Vorah Combo Thread

Premonitionist

Call Me Premo - Mileena, D'Vorah, Cassie, Kitana.
I main Mileena and I'm going to second Cassie so I guess this makes D'Vorah my third :) Here's some BnB combos that work in all variations for her. High damage, midscreen, and no meter.

Inputs
36% Midscreen No Meter - F+4,4~F+4,4,Run,F+4,4,Ovipositor Charge.

29% Midscreen No Meter - 2,1,2~F+3,4~D+1~F+4,4,Ovipositor Charge.

17% Midscreen No Meter Low Starter - B+1,2,D+1+2.

28% Midscreen No Meter 6 Frame Punish - 1,1,B+2~D+1~F+3,4~F+4,4,Ovipositor charge.

TopTierHarley

Kytinn King
Guys I made a .txt file (for ease of use, especially on mobile. Even easier read if you have WPS Office installed on your phone) for SQ with all BnBs and set ups found so far.) If there are some on the list that I should add let me know and I'll edit it in.

Credit for U3 meaty low idea @BlankOctober
Credit for B21 Swarm Vortex anti wake up goes to Floejisan

Attachments

IAmSimba

Noob
Guys I made a .txt file (for ease of use, especially on mobile. Even easier read if you have WPS Office installed on your phone) for SQ with all BnBs and set ups found so far.) If there are some on the list that I should add let me know and I'll edit it in.

Thank you sooo much for all of this info
I can now practice when i actually get my hands on the game

Psyken

GG XRD / MKX Player
A good Frame Trap combo: (on block) F112 > DF1 (hold) > FFBlock (release 1) > tiny delay > F11 > bnb. Unless the move is EX it will blow up reversals/mashing cause it catches the start up frames of every move. You can even do this twice. So: (on block) F112 > DF1 (Hold) > FFBlock (release 1) > F112 > DF1 (hold) > FFB (release 1) > choose your string. You will however be completely out of stamina. So use this at your own discretion of course. If your opponent is blocking all of this then you need to change it up. You should be looking for an opening, or start doing some grabs. You know they're scared of getting hit and you've shown them you can do bug cancels properly.

So take this time to look for a different setup. Blocking high? (on block) F112 > DF1 (hold) > FFBlock (release 1) > B1 > DF1 (hold) > FFBlock (release 1) > BNB. Its much easier execution wise to just go with 212. Hell, if you really want to make it simple just do the cancel and go into, B14, or B12 > D1+3.

Blocking Low? (on block) F112 > DF1 (Hold) > FFBlock (release 1) > F22 > DF1 (hold) > FFBlock (Release 1) > BNB.

You want to block? (on block) F112 > DF1 (hold) > FFBlock (release 1) > Block (or DBlock) This is a bit trickier. If you want to stand block you have to do FF(tap block) > Tap again & Hold block. Pretty much > FFBlock > Block. For crouch block you can just do FFBlock (hold) > D

You want to Throw? (on block) F112 > DF1 (Hold) > FFBlock (Release 1) > Wait a bit > Throw

You want to Neutral Jump? (On block) F112 > DF1 (hold) > FFBlock (Release 1) > DU1. The reason why you have to press "D" first is because when you're sprinting, you can't just jump. At least I've never been able to. So DU1 gives me what I want.

212 is an automatic frame trap for some reason but can easily get blown up by EX. The small gap lies between 21(gap)2. I noticed it as I put Mileena's Ball Roll on reversal+Always block.

Why F112 on block? Welp, F11 is 0 on block, and while the cancel may still allow you to frame trap you have to pull off the cancel tighter. So essentially if you want to go with F11 > Frame trap gimmicks then by all means. F112 gives you hella + on block stun even if you do the cancel a bit late. F112 is unsafe so if you fuck up your cancel I can't help you there. Just hope that F112 put enough distance between you and an incoming reversal.

I also learned all of this stuff yesterday so I don't have F112 (on hit) > cancel > combo. I will learn that later today should someone stop blocking and get hit by F112. I'm sure you can still get damage off of free pressure. It probably won't be max but they stopped blocking so you should take what you can get. ^ ^

Unsafe openers:
F112
B14
F34 (You can't cancel this but you do get 31% DMG) F34 > F44 > DF1 (hold) > FFBlock (Release 1) > F44 > DB4
F22

Edit: Bad news, can't combo from F112 > cancel. Good news, F112 is a hard knockdown so... U3 that a$$$$$$$$$$$

Last edited:

Cinnabun

Noob
Just a few combos I made for our Queen. So far, the highest combo is around 50% I think she is amazing character, but her only flaw involves facing zoners. It's hard to do combos when she is being zoned :(

Cinnabun

Noob
The problem is if you trade, you can't combo from full screen. Example would be getting hit by sub zeros ice ball or any of quan chi's moves. If he uses meter, its even worse because you just get knocked down and you only have so long to run in. I will try to pull up the footage since it was streamed and show you what I mean by me not being able to trade and run in.

Psyken

GG XRD / MKX Player
Enjoying Swarm Queen D'vorah so far!

Here is an impractical 51% corner combo I found using one meter:

This isn't all that impractical actually. (minus the jump in.. cause you know.. you land jump in combos 90% of the time /sarcasm) If you corner someone and they do an unsafe special that leaves them right in front of you, F1 is a pretty good punish and then just do the corner you showed us. This is actually really cool and I didn't think about doing this with 1 bar. Thanks dood! Damage will probably end up being 49-50% but that's still good.

Edit: Damage is still 51% without the jump in.

Last edited:

TopTierHarley

Kytinn King
The problem is if you trade, you can't combo from full screen. Example would be getting hit by sub zeros ice ball or any of quan chi's moves. If he uses meter, its even worse because you just get knocked down and you only have so long to run in. I will try to pull up the footage since it was streamed and show you what I mean by me not being able to trade and run in.
I know you get knocked down, but you can still trade. You don't have to sit there and eat that chip.

TopTierHarley

Kytinn King
So which variation do you believe is the best or worst
explain why as well
I am really curious
Hard to say at this time actually. Each one has it own little quirks. SQ has meterless damage and has the ability to turn F22 into big damage with Wasp Cancels.

V is all about using her great pokes to inflict damage over time and annoy your opponent with Bug Spray restands putting them in a 50/50 situation.

BM gives her a nice low projectile that can set up hardtoblockables on knockdown.

It's all preference really on what type of gameplan and player you are.

Cinnabun

Noob
I know you get knocked down, but you can still trade. You don't have to sit there and eat that chip.
Ya, it just sad. Quan Chi's plan is to knock you down and summon his demon where as he can go high low from across the screen. He can build meter and keep repeating his shenanigans. He can even just block while his demon comes at you. D'vorah is a lot more honest than I thought too. She will always be my babe though. All hail the queen.

Premonitionist

Call Me Premo - Mileena, D'Vorah, Cassie, Kitana.
Here a 31% Overhead starter with no meter that works for all variations, I ment to put it in my first video but was so tired I forgot haha.

Inputs
F+3,4~D+1~F+3,4~D+1~F+4,4,Ovipositor Charge.

Krackatoa

BEES? BEES!

Google Doc might work better.

Hey team,

I've been skimming through the posts and I haven't seen the easiest 50% X-ray combo posted.

>4, 4, >4,4, X-ray 50% confirmed.

The timing takes some getting used to, but not 50%s worth. Is there a mod that bring this to the developers attention? It may not be scaling properly. It remains 50% if you add a jip as well.

TopTierHarley

Kytinn King
Hey team,

I've been skimming through the posts and I haven't seen the easiest 50% X-ray combo posted.

>4, 4, >4,4, X-ray 50% confirmed.

The timing takes some getting used to, but not 50%s worth. Is there a mod that bring this to the developers attention? It may not be scaling properly. It remains 50% if you add a jip as well.
The scaling won't matter because her f4 doesn't scale that much. Ain't nothing wrong with an easy 50% for all your meter.

Vortrex

Noob
This is probably a beginner question but it has specifically been happening with D'Vorah.
So our BnB is the 212xxDB1....I have a bad habit of always hitting F before the combo as I try to move in to begin in. I can do it fine in the lab but in real matches it might be the stress of the match.

Any suggestions you might have or is this strictly a practice makes perfect situation?

PS. Not sure if this is an appropriate question for this thread so if not let me know.

KNX

Noob
This is probably a beginner question but it has specifically been happening with D'Vorah.
So our BnB is the 212xxDB1....I have a bad habit of always hitting F before the combo as I try to move in to begin in. I can do it fine in the lab but in real matches it might be the stress of the match.

Any suggestions you might have or is this strictly a practice makes perfect situation?

PS. Not sure if this is an appropriate question for this thread so if not let me know.
So you accidentally get an f+2 instead of 2? Honestly just press the buttons in sequence... f to walk forward, release f, then press 2. Be wary using 2 as a starter since it hits high. I'd practice starting combos with f+1,1 and learning the bug cancel w/ Swarm Queen variation