What's new

Combo List - D'Vorah D'Vorah Combo Thread

Ippolit

Noob
I feel dumb for asking this but how the hell do you connect a f44 after a f34? Sometimes I can do it sometimes I cant, and I cant figure out why.

Edit: Im trying to do it in this combo: 212 EX puddle njp 2 f34 f44 ovi
It seems to me the sooner you hit them with f34 after the njp the higher they float, and to land the f44 requires some strict timing on that, aswell as the f44 itself. Still the combo you mentioned is legit as proven by Vak Phoenix earlier in the tread.
http://www.testyourmight.com/threads/you-will-incubate-my-young-dvorah-combo-thread.49758/page-7#post-1670956
I'm assuming the ovi ender should work just as well as the bug spray.

Edit: Nevermind that one didn't have the njp at all -_-'

Krackatoa

BEES? BEES!

The tough thing about the confirms, that you need to be aware of to do them well, is that the window changes whether or not the f22 or f11 hit or are blocked.

This means you need to confirm which run cancel window you need to hit as your f22 or f11 connect. If the string is blocked, wait for the later window. If the string connects, go ahead and time your run cancel for the earlier window.

You can practice the setup by setting the CPU's block settings to "Random Kombo" in Training Mode.

The input sequence to do the setup is as follows:

f22 xx df1 (HOLD 1 HERE)
Confirm the hit.
Forward, Forward, Block + 2 (Hit 2 as soon as 1 frame after Block, not at the same time)
Release and repress 1 here.
Press 2
Buffer your db1.

The key is not releasing 1 (D'vorah will toss the bug otherwise), along with inputting the dash+block+2 ASAP after the Wasp Grenade comes out. If you don't buffer the run before you release 1, D'vorah will toss the bug.

Remember, if you buffer dash before D'vorah cancels into Wasp Grenade, you will UNBUFFER Wasp Grenade, and you won't get to cancel at all.

FP = 1
BP = 2

Square = 1
Triangle = 2

X = 1
Y = 2

chemist4hire

I Got Guiled
The reason being is that it hinges on how fast you can buffer dash after Wasp Grenade comes out. The faster you buffer Dash, the more time you'll have to link afterwards.
I don't think buffer is the right word because you can't buffer a dash in this game. If it were a buffer, you could do df1 and while holding 1 and forward tap forward again to dash cancel, but that does not work. Its an interupt cancel analogous to jump cancels. But I do get what you are saying.

If any of you guys play on stick, i have the top row mapped to 1 block 2 so the bug dash run cancel is just a piano after tapping forward twice.

chemist4hire

I Got Guiled
Also I think you can really kind of loop this iff you do:

f2,2 df1 dash run cancel 2,1,2 db1, f 3, 4 wait mb throw them from the air. You have to wait a second for the throw otherwise she ends the string with her up stab thingy. Its 10 hits for 24%. You spend a bar but you get a standing reset. Its gimmicky but most won't expect the throw there so if you mix it up combo enders you get a good mix up at the end.

You get a standing reset that lets you mix them up into the f2,2 loop again or low combo starter. What are some decent low combo staters with her in swarm queen? Maybe is more viable in brood mother.

Last edited:

Krackatoa

BEES? BEES!
Also I think you can really kind of loop this iff you do:

f2,2 df1 dash run cancel 2,1,2 db1, f 3, 4 wait mb throw them from the air. You have to wait a second for the throw otherwise she ends the string with her up stab thingy. Its 10 hits for 24%. You spend a bar but you get a standing reset. Its gimmicky but most won't expect the throw there so if you mix it up combo enders you get a good mix up at the end.

You get a standing reset that lets you mix them up into the f2,2 loop again or low combo starter. What are some decent low combo staters with her in swarm queen? Maybe is more viable in brood mother.
I would rather take b21 xx Vortex oki. It costs no meter and does 24%.

Krackatoa

BEES? BEES!
39% 0 Bar - Corner

f11 > RC > f44 > f44 > f44 > b21 xx Air Throw

lulz.

49% with X-Ray. 40% with f22. 41% with ji2 > f22.

Oh yeah, since I guess you can confirm off f11 RC and f22 RC, this is like... our new corner BnB?

It's also easier since it's a forward motion normal. You don't have to release forward where you'd normally have to for the 212 link. The link window is still hard, but I'm very accurate with this already.

Last edited:

KillaGthug4Life

Believe in Magic yet? Let us Dance

Trying to find an optimal combo from b21 floe reset. This is what i got so far. I feel like I should have some f44 in there somewhere though.

ignore meme title btw.
You can do dash, neutral jump, f4 4, b112, db4. Does 31% I believe. I wanna see how much nj, f34, 1, f44, db4 does. Or if that's even doable. This setup is Bomb cause it opens up dash cancel pressure with f112, or the f2 fuzzy guard off the fast low. I'm pretty sure the opponent can just hold down to get out of it though.

KNX

Noob
It's also easier since it's a forward motion normal. You don't have to release forward where you'd normally have to for the 212 link. The link window is still hard, but I'm very accurate with this already.
Tbh, I think while initially difficult, the bug cancels are extremely practical. Especially the followups from f+1,1 (which is pretty easy) and f+2,2. The b+1 stuff is a lot harder but still doable.

My BnB for b+1 currently is:
b+1 xx Bug cancel, 1,1,b+2, f+4,4 xx Ovi Rush

Does a nice 22% off a relatively safe starter. b+1 being a fast low with deceptively good range. Ends in Ovi Rush which lets you follow in to setup oki. Post Ovi Rush I tend to dash and either do u+3 wakeup antics or go for another low or overhead starter.

For anyone who's still struggling to convert b+1 into damage (it's fucking hard lets be fair), I recommend this combo for practicality. Once I'm 100% confident landing it an any kind of situation, then I can work on optimisation.

Zoidberg747

My blades will find your heart
Tbh, I think while initially difficult, the bug cancels are extremely practical. Especially the followups from f+1,1 (which is pretty easy) and f+2,2. The b+1 stuff is a lot harder but still doable.

Does a nice 22% off a relatively safe starter. b+1 being a fast low with deceptively good range. Ends in Ovi Rush which lets you follow in to setup oki. Post Ovi Rush I tend to dash and either do u+3 wakeup antics or go for another low or overhead starter.

For anyone who's still struggling to convert b+1 into damage (it's fucking hard lets be fair), I recommend this combo for practicality. Once I'm 100% confident landing it an any kind of situation, then I can work on optimisation.
Not going to lie, I dont see the point of doing all that for like 5% more damage than b12d1+3. I get that its better for oki purposes but I can barely do f11 cancels :(

TopTierHarley

Kytinn King

Wasp cancels are also great to convert damage when you have no meter. So off F11, you wasp cancel into 212 vortex then go from there. I also agree with Zoidberg, I don't see the point in B1 wasp cancels for a little extra damage when I can just B14 for a HKD or B12 D1+3 which is also a HKD

TopTierHarley

Kytinn King
Not going to lie, I dont see the point of doing all that for like 5% more damage than b12d1+3. I get that its better for oki purposes but I can barely do f11 cancels :(
F11 cancels are the easiest IMO. You have a lot more time than you think to go into the string. Try putting the dummy on auto block and do F11 WC F11. This is how I learned the timing.

Zoidberg747

My blades will find your heart
F11 cancels are the easiest IMO. You have a lot more time than you think to go into the string. Try putting the dummy on auto block and do F11 WC F11. This is how I learned the timing.
Yeah that ones easy, but trying to go into throw, f3 or b1 is a bit more difficult.

What is really givig me fits is d4 wasp cancels. I think they'll be crazy useful when I get them down though.

chemist4hire

I Got Guiled
Since you can wasp cancel in Brood Mother and you get the added low crawler bug for mix ups, I am thinking of switching over to that variation and seeing if it would make mix ups more viable.

TopTierHarley

Kytinn King
Yeah that ones easy, but trying to go into throw, f3 or b1 is a bit more difficult.

What is really givig me fits is d4 wasp cancels. I think they'll be crazy useful when I get them down though.
Yea they are, just keep practicing the timing. As soon as you see her start running cancel with a string. The fact that see can cancel into an overhead or a low is amazing.

TopTierHarley

Kytinn King
Since you can wasp cancel in Brood Mother and you get the added low crawler bug for mix ups, I am thinking of switching over to that variation and seeing if it would make mix ups more viable.
Are you sure? Cause the active and recovery frames are different in BM and SQ

KNX

Noob
Wasp cancels are also great to convert damage when you have no meter. So off F11, you wasp cancel into 212 vortex then go from there. I also agree with Zoidberg, I don't see the point in B1 wasp cancels for a little extra damage when I can just B14 for a HKD or B12 D1+3 which is also a HKD
Like I said, nothing's optimised yet, I'm personally using it to get comfortable with cancelling (which is working a dream so far).

The main perks with going for b+1 bug cancels I'm seeing are that, the damage and oki are still superior to the easier options, the cancel can be interrupted, but you're less likely to be punished as hard for going for it over committing fully to the strings, especially if you've been mixing up Bug cancels beforehand. It's mainly the potential though, once my execution on it improves I'll be able to convert it into more significant damage. Having a legit 50/50 that'll both lead to damage should go a long way in making her more effective at higher levels.

Krackatoa

BEES? BEES!
Guys, remember to practice with the Dummy's block settings set to Random Kombo when practicing f11 and f22 Wasp Cancels, or you're going to find that a lot of normal strings aren't cancelling correctly against live opponents. (Run cancel window changes between hit and block).