What's new

Dragon Ball Z: Battle of Z (PS3/360/VITA)

RM Truth

Unintentional Tier Whore Follow me @TruthRM
LBSH, there hasn't been a good DBZ game since BT3. The best ones are B3, Supersonic Warriors 2, and BT2.

C-Sword

Noob
Apparently, the game is crap just like I predicted, there's no jump button, only one for flying, controls are all messed up. Just get Super DBZ for the PS2, forget the other ones.

RM Truth

game is mehhh. Is going to be more of a c0-op base game then a DBZ fighter.
DBZ games don't get made to be good games. They know that hardcore fans are always going to buy them as long as they're flashy enough. I was the same way up until Raging Blast 2.

187x

Noob
DBZ games don't get made to be good games. They know that hardcore fans are always going to buy them as long as they're flashy enough. I was the same way up until Raging Blast 2.
unless you're counting the old ones like budokai3 etc. Those were legit games.

RM Truth

unless you're counting the old ones like budokai3 etc. Those were legit games.
Yes. There are exceptions, but not a lot. Somehow, I feel that they weren't trying to make them good games, they just ended up like that. In high level B3 play, no one ever uses the dragon rush or ultimate attacks.

ZigZag

That Welsh Guy
It was just brought to my attention that the DBZ:BOZ demo is now out for download on Xbox live, now as a huge DBZ fan i'm super hyped for this game and if anyone else is post your experiences of the game here!

HYPED >.<

ZigZag

That Welsh Guy
Man I really hope they follow up on that Battle of The Gods movie
What do you mean?
You mean like make the game as good as the movie? :p
The characters like Whis/SSJ God Goku & Bills are playable (With english voice acting) but I don't think the story is involved.
All I know so far is the Saiyan Saga & Frieza Saga is in the story mode, the game looks awesome none the less

EpitomicaL

I play for FUN!
What do you mean?
You mean like make the game as good as the movie? :p
The characters like Whis/SSJ God Goku & Bills are playable (With english voice acting) but I don't think the story is involved.
All I know so far is the Saiyan Saga & Frieza Saga is in the story mode, the game looks awesome none the less
Well other than that, I was more referring to another DBZ anime/manga. I've been waiting for that since 1999!

ZigZag

That Welsh Guy
Well other than that, I was more referring to another DBZ anime/manga. I've been waiting for that since 1999!
We've heard nothing yet, only rumors that they may consider doing another series due to BOG's success, but we don't even have an English dub of BOG's yet so that may be quite some years before we hear about this.

SoundsLikePAUSE

Neptune's Beard!!!
Played it for a bit last night, and as expected, it'll never be a great tournament fighter, but it's still a lot of fun. I can see co-op mode being huge for this game. I'm actually stoked for the release now.:)

ZigZag

That Welsh Guy
Played it for a bit last night, and as expected, it'll never be a great tournament fighter, but it's still a lot of fun. I can see co-op mode being huge for this game. I'm actually stoked for the release now.:)
You can tell from the trailers it's never intended to be a serious hardcore fighter just a game for entertainment :p

I prefer those type of games for DBZ games though because I don't want to associate such a fun show with something i'd treat like it was work, I'm excited to play it.

zoofs

bless
i didn't even consider it a fighter myself lol, more just like a fun beat em up dbz type game. I really want a new fighter like budokai though, possibly even a 2d dbz fighter? that would be amazing

ZigZag

That Welsh Guy
i didn't even consider it a fighter myself lol, more just like a fun beat em up dbz type game. I really want a new fighter like budokai though, possibly even a 2d dbz fighter? that would be amazing
Exactly They're not really fighters, they're just beat em' ups, I believe there's a clear difference between the two now.

Man a 2D DBZ game would be legit!

EpitomicaL

I play for FUN!
Exactly They're not really fighters, they're just beat em' ups, I believe there's a clear difference between the two now.

Man a 2D DBZ game would be legit!
That's what I've been telling my friends! more anime 2D fighters would be great! sounds cheesy but I remember playing Naruto Ultimate Ninja for PS2 and that game was legit, at least for back then terms.

zoofs

bless
That's what I've been telling my friends! more anime 2D fighters would be great! sounds cheesy but I remember playing Naruto Ultimate Ninja for PS2 and that game was legit, at least for back then terms.
by anime 2d fighters you don't mean stuff like skullgirls do you? by 2d I was referring to like street fighter or mk/injustice design