What's new

Dragon Ball Z: Battle of Z (PS3/360/VITA)

ZigZag

That Welsh Guy
Is it just me or is Mission 26 IMPOSSIBLE!!!!

The AI's on your side always run head on into his Destructive wave which does TONNES OF DAMAGE, resulting in a loss because they just get themselves killed, and looking at C0-Op I'm not sure if it counts cause you can play villains aswell as Z fighters where normally you can't, also no one even joins...

THTB

Arez | Booya | Riu48 - Rest Easy, Friends
Today is the day of reckoning!

My copy is currently on its way to my area, so I should have it around noon-ish.

Shadowkuma

Ronin of NYC
Anyone else still interested in this? I didn't want to play the demo much to keep myself from being burnt out on the game from just the demo. I'll be playing Adult and Ultimate Gohan.

@TKT ZigZag @Shadowkuma
Still interested, but might have to wait because of that price point. It is a decent game but 65 dollars doesn't feel valid.

RNLDRGN

RONALD ROGAN
I've heard nothing but the worst of the worst about this game.

Which sucks, because the game engine looks awesome.

ZigZag

That Welsh Guy
Today is the day of reckoning!

My copy is currently on its way to my area, so I should have it around noon-ish.
You're on ps3 aren't you? so no co-op for us? :(
I got all the God characters and tonnes more, alot are a mystery though, it's hard to know which mission will unlock what character and what kinda grade you need for it.

ZigZag

That Welsh Guy
if they had the combat mechanics they had in Budokai Tenkaichi 3 this would be the best DBZ ever made.
I'm not going to lie, I don't like them, they're typical 3D fighting game mechanics, I like DBZ combat something beyond simple fighting game mechanics, besides it wouldn't work in a 4v4 like that.

However i'm not going as far to say these mechanics are the best, I preferred how they had it in raging blast.

ZigZag

That Welsh Guy
I've heard nothing but the worst of the worst about this game.

Which sucks, because the game engine looks awesome.
Me too, but then again people are always super god damn picky, this game is hella fun and really challenging too unless you pair up with a bunch of guys with maxed out characters :p

It's alot of fun and it's well made if not a little simple in some ways but that's a dbz game for you.

Eddy Wang

Skarlet scientist
I'm not going to lie, I don't like them, they're typical 3D fighting game mechanics, I like DBZ combat something beyond simple fighting game mechanics, besides it wouldn't work in a 4v4 like that.

However i'm not going as far to say these mechanics are the best, I preferred how they had it in raging blast.
What are you saying? Tenkaichi 3 had the most fluid system of any BDZ made after its time, and honestly its even better than Raging blast in many aspects.

You could combine the rush with the blast to obtain different combos with different goals, Stun, Turn Over, Kiai Cannon, Launcher, etc, you could avoid any smash attack, any blast attack and any barrage attack in the game by a well timed teleport, you could counter others teleport with teleport.

And one thing i learned in the hard way on that game, at high level, you will never build energy by charging, the first one to charge will take a good chunck of damage. That game was hype as fuck, Raging Blast didn't had a chance.

ZigZag

That Welsh Guy
What are you saying? Tenkaichi 3 had the most fluid system of any BDZ made after its time, and honestly its even better than Raging blast in many aspects.

You could combine the rush with the blast to obtain different combos with different goals, Stun, Turn Over, Kiai Cannon, Launcher, etc, you could avoid any smash attack, any blast attack and any barrage attack in the game by a well timed teleport, you could counter others teleport with teleport.

And one thing i learned in the hard way on that game, at high level, you will never build energy by charging, the first one to charge will take a good chunck of damage. That game was hype as fuck, Raging Blast didn't had a chance.
What i'm saying is it's treated like a propper fighting game, however DBZ games are way more fun when they're just mashing beat up games.

ZigZag

That Welsh Guy
lol wut, do you call Ultimate Tenkaichi fun?
I never played it but I just heard bad things, however everyone is bashing this game and I find it alot of fun, so who knows?
I enjoy the roster & the accuracy to the show so that's all i'm happy about.

Endeavor

I'll live a villain, before I die a hero.

I can agree with that. I had gotten at a pretty high level with that game and I'm here to tell you, everything after the Tenkaichi series was awful. I was so very disappointed in Raging Blast, and Ultimate Tenkaichi was a poorly told Joke at best. In fact its a joke with no punch line. To even allow that name to bear the name of "Tenkaichi" is a disgrace to the entire Tenkaichi series. Tenkaichis's 2 and 3 were great games. They took a major step in the right direction in 2 and even bigger step in right direction. I played I play 17 of the 150 cast members at high level and it was tons of fun.

ScorpionRules!!!92

I no longer main characters on any fighting games.
I actually liked both Ultimate Tenkaichi and Raging Blast 1 and 2. The only DBZ games I don't like are Super Dragon Ball Z and Dragon Ball Z Sagas.

C-Sword

Noob
Super Dragon Ball Z is the best DBZ game, it actually plays like a real fighter. They need to release a HD version of it.

ScorpionRules!!!92

I no longer main characters on any fighting games.
Super Dragon Ball Z is the best DBZ game, it actually plays like a real fighter. They need to release a HD version of it.
Even though I do not like Super Dragon Ball Z or Dragon Ball Z Sagas I respect your decision regardless.