What's new

Define your understanding of 'high level'

Thats what I'm talking about, you'll have to do D1 shocker every single time, why would I want to respect any of your D1 options when mine lead to 40% and a vortex, and all yours does it 18%?
lol if you think Black Adam's d1 xx Orbs only leads to 18% then you have another thing coming.

Still love you grampa!

I mean ok if you decide you never respect my options after D1 then you always eat 30-50% every time because you think it's better to not respect it. And I'm fine with taking my free 16%, still better than a throw. :)

SilverKeyMan

Dropping Combos like a MotherFucker!
After reading through 4 pages of chest pounding and ego stroking, I discovered that I can backdash for a free combo rather than D1'ing successfully with Nightwing 4x in a row. I'll have to practice this tonight.

As a side note, the Fundamentals of Injustice thread does have the following information:
one thing I'd like to add about dashing. Dashing backwards is a great tool for many characters. There are invulnerability frames during a backdash and, if timed correctly, you will be able to avoid various attacks (even unblockable interactables!).
Perhaps it can be explicitly added that back dashing to avoid a string gives opportunity for a free combo punish? @GGA Slips

CrimsonShadow

Administrator and Community Engineer
Administrator
If you hit the opponent with a d1 because they were trying to string, then fine, i guess you will be over the moon with your advantage for a block string...but, if you simply made the same call with a dash back, you have a free wiff punish
Some players can punish backdashes, especially by certain characters due to the long recovery. Some charaters cannot easily whiff punish anything after a backdash because they don't have the tools. Backdash is a great option for some chars, but it probably shouldn't be referred to as a catchall for neutral situations. D1 is often used simply as a check, to cancel into something, to bait things, etc.

Also I know that sometimes d1->d1 happens because after the first d1 gets blocked,

Let's say we could time travel to 2014 and play ourselves. The 2014 version of these so called high level players would destroy the present version of themselves, therefore, they can't possibly be high level at this point in the game. Look at games like MK2 and UMK3. They are simplistic games, but they take years to master. Saying someone is playing Injustice at a high level after only 2 months is crazy to me.

My view is in conjunction with this.

High level is how you percieve it based on what we know NOW.

We think Reo and Tom Brady are high level because of our limited knowledge. 3 years from now when they look back at today's matches they might be thinking some of their choices might be a little bad.

For instance, back in the day. Shipping out to sea to "go see america" was unthinkable, until we got the knowledge to build big enough boats with enough food/storage to travel the whole distance. (whoever built those wooden boats were "geniuses")

Then flying in the sky was unthinkable, anyone who could build a flying machine would be a genius (high level).

Then space and so on and so forth.

That original sale off to sea to see america was high level to our understanding then.

But once you advance to space, it's no longer high level but basics, or flat out wrong. Cuz there's battleships now and carriers.

I know this is a weird analogy but during the time someone out there is building battle ships. You can't look at the guy who builds wooden ships with cannons on the sides and call him high level anymore once you see more potential.

Mt. Mutombo

Asshole by nature
Meh...this "community" takes its shit way too seriously. Yeah i complain and i get salty and call for buffs and nerf every now and then but i always go back to the lab and work on that shit and don't talk about it anymore. But that's momentary salt...

What grinds my gears is some people here who have a problem or a dissatisfaction with something in the game, that it's not just some momentary salt or just losing to something in particular but rather something they just incessantly keep bringing up. like it's a serious problem or a terminal disease, case in point the bitching about DS and Scorpion, the bitching about interactables and so on. I understand we sometimes get pissed off at the game, but you'd think you would get over it, adapt and be over with it quickly or something.

As far as the topic goes...high level? Intelligent use of the tools each character has in regards to your opponent, idk some shit like that.

Smarrgasm

What's a Smarrgasm?
I think we should be less concerned about trying to just say what is or isnt high level and focus on trying to either A) get ourselves into our view of high level or B) helping others reach that level to push each other higher and higher.

I know that back in MK i wouldnt consider myself close to the highest level. I believe however in injustice im moving closer and closer. It would be easier if i could get in my head and truly critique my stuff or have someone in my ear to critique it.

Zyphox

What is going on guys, Ya Boi Zyphox here.
and AK Pig Of The Hut i want to be a guest on this podcast, you need atleast one Dominican on there :) you could do it kinda like the obs show, invite guest about a certain topic, if you guys make something like the viability of mid to low tier characters, me and brady can continue our argument from ect5 on why the flash sucks :) and reo can chip in how he was doing just trolling the shit out of tom haha

Pig Of The Hut

Day 0 Phenomenal Dr. Fate and Darkseid player
and AK Pig Of The Hut i want to be a guest on this podcast, you need atleast one Dominican on there :) you could do it kinda like the obs show, invite guest about a certain topic, if you guys make something like the viability of mid to low tier characters, me and brady can continue our argument from ect5 on why the flash sucks :) and reo can chip in how he was doing just trolling the shit out of tom haha
i think thats what inj needs

a show like ktp or something

Zyphox

i think thats what inj needs

a show like ktp or something
you could do it man, you always bring the hype and keep it real......like a real nigga!!!!! lol get people on skype and do it live on twitch, or a podcast, or even a KOTH with all the players you want in there in the background, fighting and talking about whatever. nd you can have the voice chat through skype for better quality.

DesuBlade

Augmented Wallet Squeeze
After reading all 4 pages of this thread of mostly E-Penis worship, I can say that it's faaaaaaaaaaaaaaar too early to consider anything at the moment "High Level". The game isn't even 2 Months old yet and you have people who say that just because you helped test the game in development, you're a "High Level" player. Give it some time. Everyone can be a "High Level" player in Injustice right now, regardless of if you abuse D1 or not.

Calm your tits and just play the game for fucks sake. Why does it matter that we need to label everything as "High Level"?

Zyphox

After reading all 4 pages of this thread of mostly E-Penis worship, I can say that it's faaaaaaaaaaaaaaar too early to consider anything at the moment "High Level". The game isn't even 2 Months old yet and you have people who say that just because you helped test the game in development, you're a "High Level" player. Give it some time. Everyone can be a "High Level" player in Injustice right now, regardless of if you abuse D1 or not.

Calm your tits and just play the game for fucks sake. Why does it matter that we need to label everything as "High Level"?
This is tym dude..........this is what we do :)

Sao87

@thedigitaldojo
Most d1s are negative enough on block that the other person would dare not do a d1. Characters like GL and Superman can fuck you up for thinking about pressing d1 again.

Unless you're nightwing, shazam or wonder woman :p

Some characters have +d1's that can be used to fish out attacks, win the counter poke and then start offensive mixups.

xWildx

What a day. What a lovely day.
The OP states that he doesn't see how players using d1 as a counter-poke in this game can be considered top. Why would someone such as Catwoman, Killer Frost, etc. not counter-poke with d1 into special when it leads to a potentially safe 30-40% combo and ducks under highs?

smokey

EX Ovi should launch
Using the threat of some so called "guaranteed" D1's to make people backdash and then punish that for full combo is "high level" (or just a good read).... D1 should just be blocked, and the pressure ends.