What's new

Define your understanding of 'high level'

Lord Beef

Death Metal and Trance
Well I'm sure you know a lot about the game but can all tournament players perform well in front of 10,000 people on stream? Can they easily take on other big names? Do you get randoms always get their own seeding in pools? Do all average players get invited to do beta testing for new games? There is a fine line between knowing about the game and being able to play it at a high level.
I get this 100% I was simply commenting on the humorous nature of your wording. Nothing more, nothing less :)

Qwark28

Joker waiting room
I dont see the point of this at all
the point of this is that this community is retarded right now and listening to famous players complaining about shit without actually letting the metagame evolve. everyone is parroting shit they hear and making nerf or buff suggestions along with QQ threads with most of the people who dont truly understand fighting games being head from NRS and the top players spending half their day making troll threads and spoonfeeding this naive community.

Sasarix

"Heaven Will Fall!"
My definition of high level players is those who go out prove it and are successful ***period***
So i have a friend that plays this game at a very high level imo but he dosnt have the means to travel to tournaments. So since he is not fortunate enough to have the means to travel and play like the rest of you does that make you better than him as a player? Since when does having the money to travel and play in a major make or break you as a good player? Mad props to you guys that have the good fortune to be able to travel and compete in these tournaments but get off your high horse thinking that makes you better than other ppl in the FGC.

Faded Dreams V

Retired June 2012. Unretired June 2013.
The D1 thing is killing me.

Can somebody explain to me why it's possible to D1 someone (assume the D1 has 6 start up frames) after they use a string (while you're cornered) that supposedly gives +8 block advantage, does not push back, and is followed up with a 9 frame mid-hitting move?

I don't seem to understand frame data in this game. In MK9, everything made sense.....offline.

Qwark28

Joker waiting room
The D1 thing is killing me.

Can somebody explain to me why it's possible to D1 someone (assume the D1 has 6 start up frames) after they use a string (while you're cornered) that supposedly gives +8 block advantage, does not push back, and is followed up with a 9 frame mid-hitting move?

I don't seem to understand frame data in this game. In MK9, everything made sense.....offline.
because special mids.

A F0xy Grampa

Problem X Promotions
I dont see the point of this at all
Gather opinions.

Theres alot of stupid shit being done in game, and alot of stupid shit being said on the forums. I'm just interested to see how far somebodies view of high level compares to others.

For example, Showtime, he was complaining about BAs B2 string being + on block and that he can check with a D1 after, but didn't know that you could just backdash it. But don't a few of the TYM heads consider him high level? Despite him ignoring a key fundamental element of the game that could open up so many options.

1man3letters

Alpha Tarkatan - Moderator
Thats not how injustice works.

If you and the opponent are at neutral frames or even if the opponent is slightly negative, there is absolutely no point in using a d1.

If you hit the opponent with a d1 because they were trying to string, then fine, i guess you will be over the moon with your advantage for a block string...but, if you simply made the same call with a dash back, you have a free wiff punish, and on the flipside, if the opponent dashed back on your d1 he could wiff punish you, and against WW or Superman, Sinestro, Killer Frost etc that is death.

Plus, when the opponent is negative, doing a d1 will just put you at negative frames again, a good batman player will smash you up with his standing 1 after blocking a d1.

D1 with Nightwing, and WW shield stance is a whole different beast, as they have 7 frames d1's with +5 on block (not sure about nightwing) making it a pain to deal with, but that is not thier defence or countering, that is actually a part of their offence, guessing how many D1's are coming (2-4) before they start their normals.

D1 is an MK thing, something I hated about the game massively, and I am glad it isn't something I have to even put up with in this game in about 90% of cases.

i think d1 has more worth that your making out man,know u mentioned ww/nw but what about kf for example, her d1 is +2.(theres others with + d1s as im sure you know but to use her as example) i have plenty of reason to use that move and even with good few d1s that are neutral/slighty disadvantage on block im in the same situation were i can still backdash etc like in your original example of being at neutral/slightly negative.

also why only mention frame advantage for block string of a d1,when d1~special grants a full combo in this game? (yes i know some d1s are harder to hit confirm over others,eg,ww d1,2 piss easy hitconfirm) very few chars in mk9 had 6-7 frame full combo starters, i this its the other way around

Pig Of The Hut

Day 0 Phenomenal Dr. Fate and Darkseid player
the point of this is that this community is retarded right now and listening to famous players complaining about shit without actually letting the metagame evolve. everyone is parroting shit they hear and making nerf or buff suggestions along with QQ threads with most of the people who dont truly understand fighting games being head from NRS and the top players spending half their day making troll threads and spoonfeeding this naive community.
Ok but also some top players are making tier lists that are pretty dumb as well. NRS doesnt listen to players, NRS listens to Paulo and Paulo doesnt give a shit about people's complaints. In fact, the more salt the better his day is. I know this.

So i have a friend that plays this game at a very high level imo but he dosnt have the means to travel to tournaments. So since he is not fortunate enough to have the means to travel and play like the rest of you does that make you better than him as a player? Since when does having the money to travel and play in a major make or break you as a good player? Mad props to you guys that have the good fortune to be able to travel and compete in these tournaments but get off your high horse thinking that makes you better than other ppl in the FGC.
Id rather take advice from the #6 Aquaman evo placer than the #1 online aquaman plain and simple.

I find it hard to believe anyone above the age of 18 with a job cant save up for one event in the year to show it.

Then again you have exceptions like King and Curbo before they traveled but honestly there are only 2 like them, each other and they travel now and kick major ass.

Pig Of The Hut

Day 0 Phenomenal Dr. Fate and Darkseid player
Gather opinions.

Theres alot of stupid shit being done in game, and alot of stupid shit being said on the forums. I'm just interested to see how far somebodies view of high level compares to others.

For example, Showtime, he was complaining about BAs B2 string being + on block and that he can check with a D1 after, but didn't know that you could just backdash it. But don't a few of the TYM heads consider him high level? Despite him ignoring a key fundamental element of the game that could open up so many options.
Thats a really good point

You interested in doing a "High Level talk pod cast show w me"? Or am I too low level ? :)
jk but serious about the discussion show

A F0xy Grampa

Problem X Promotions
I find it hard to believe anyone above the age of 18 with a job cant save up for one event in the year to show it.

Then again you have exceptions like King and Curbo before they traveled but honestly there are only 2 like them, each other and they travel now and kick major ass.
The Atlantic Ocean does A F0xy Grampa no favours when a new game comes out.

Thats a really good point

You interested in doing a "High Level talk pod cast show w me"? Or am I too low level ? :)
jk but serious about the discussion show

If you get UsedForGlue & PND i2 Gaug3, then yea, some serious discussion could be had. Maybe throw Tom Brady & REO in there too.

Hellbringer

1 2 3 drink
Ok but also some top players are making tier lists that are pretty dumb as well. NRS doesnt listen to players, NRS listens to Paulo and Paulo doesnt give a shit about people's complaints. In fact, the more salt the better his day is. I know this.
Ah that explains why DS got nerfed. Makes sense now ;)

Qwark28

Joker waiting room

Id rather take advice from the #6 Aquaman evo placer than the #1 online aquaman plain and simple.

if i was paulo i wouldnt bother either, this community is shit and im ashamed of what it has become.

in a few months mk9 players will have to start using the phrase "in my time" when reffering to the mk9 era.