What's new

Define your understanding of 'high level'

Pig Of The Hut

Day 0 Phenomenal Dr. Fate and Darkseid player
I went home to be a family man...being a family man at my income = no tournaments... :(
I understand, thats just life but your reputation and history precedes you no one questions you or your opinion

Other than the hilarious reptile downplaying ;)

Miss Kanzuki

*KANZUKI GOON SQUAD*
Someone knowledgable of frame data for all other characters and how they affect their main, can consistently punish with high damage combos, and can know when to turtle, zone and when to go on the aggressive by making great reads

Pig Of The Hut

Day 0 Phenomenal Dr. Fate and Darkseid player
High level play to me is 2 players playing eachother who understand their own character and the games engine and with that I mean you need to know how to abuse the cheapness of the engine, Like in in Mk9 kenshis poke into charge was abusing the poking system of the game.

But there are also top players who do a lot of stuff I dont agree with and they still win tournaments or place high, I will use MK9 as an example again since Injustice is still new to me. For example: people would do a jump in punch into a d4, which is stupid because a jumpinpunch blocked already grants you all the advantage you would want+jails most high hitting strings in the game.

TakeAChance

TYM White Knight
Injustice was designed as a fairly simple game with stages set around it.

If you have a plus d1 and CAN abuse it, are you not high level for doing do?

I am sorry, but If I am playing Nightwing I could give two shits what is considered high level or not as long as it is putting me in advantage situations. D1 does that, and so I will use d1.

Wonderwoman is a fucking awful match lol (random post after playing foxy)

Rude

You will serve me in The Netherrealm
I'm confused. You're not supposed to poke out of pressure now? No, really. I am.

Rude

You will serve me in The Netherrealm
Could they not throw out an advancing normal/jump, or projectile if you backdash?

D1 is not a tool you can re-use if you have it blocked.
I beg to differ. :)

This character specific though. Obviously Nightwing can mash D1 with little risk because he's +frames. But Black Adam can molest people to death with 4-5 D1s in a row. Even if I'm negative you'll just sit there and take them because you respect d1 xx shocker or d1 xx Orbs.

A F0xy Grampa

Problem X Promotions
I beg to differ. :)

This character specific though. Obviously Nightwing can mash D1 with little risk because he's +frames. But Black Adam can molest people to death with 4-5 D1s in a row. Even if I'm negative you'll just sit there and take them because you respect d1 xx shocker or d1 xx Orbs.

Thats what I'm talking about, you'll have to do D1 shocker every single time, why would I want to respect any of your D1 options when mine lead to 40% and a vortex, and all yours does it 18%?

Could they not throw out an advancing normal/jump, or projectile if you backdash?

If the string youre blocking tracks your backdash it means you cannot backdash. But youre obviously backdashing out of something you see that is already done(they can't do 2 things at the same time) so that you can whiff punish it, otherwise it is just a random backdash...