What's new

Anime discussion thread

Squeaker101

Show me what you can do
Alot of this stuff is mainstream.
Favorites: Pokemon (first few generations), Sailor Moon (first anime I ever watched...) and Inyuasha.

Recommend: Clannad, Clannad After Story, Kanon, Amagammi SS, DN Angel, Rosario+Vampire, Shakugan No Shana, The Familiar of Zero

I could go on, but I could be judged. :confused: lol

-Deadman-

Getting better with age
Mmmmmm, Death Note. Best anime ever, everyone in the world who hasn't watched it should.
I need to finish Death Note, I dropped off around when Mellow kidnapped Light's sis and they duped his dad into... yeah

Darker Than Black was really good. Takes a few re-watches of the 1st episodes for it all to tie together right. Lots of crazy terminology that flies over your head in the begining. Its like a modernized Cowboy Bebop with super powers.

I really liked High School of the Dead also, and not even for the fan service. (though who can really hate the breasteses?) By the 10-11th episode I didn't wanna finish because everything was grim for our heroes. I think the new Yakuza game is going to take notes from this show.

Did they ever finish the Hellsing remake? I saw maaaaybe 5 episodes and then my sources vanished
Instead of Vamps he was hunting Nazis and I was confused

I need more brutal anime to watch. My friend tried to get me into claymore but ehhhhh.

(Edit: Is it sad that I laughed during the Blood real life remake when the lead character chopped up the daughter from the George Lopez show? :D )

bipolar_shango

" Bros before Hoes"
MUST WATCH ANIME!!
Monster 10/10------Ended
Berserker 10/10 ------Ended
Bleach(Stop watching at ep.226.. really..) 7/10 ------Ended
Naruto Bushin & Shippuden 9.5/10
One piece 9.5/10
Sunabouzu(desert punk) 10/10 ------Ended<-------Lololol. You can finish this in 1 day.
One Outs 10/10 ------Ended
Deathnote 9.5/10 ------Ended
Full Metal Alchemist 2 Brotherhood 10/10 (The first one had a dumb ending-dont bother with that one) ------Ended
Basilisk (10/10) ------Ended
Claymore 10/10 ------Ended
Samurai 7 8/10 ------Ended
Samurai Champloo 8/10 ------Ended
Cowboy Bebop 8/10 ------Ended
Tengen toppa gurren lagann 8/10 ------Ended
Black Lagoon 8.5/10 ------Ended
Planet ES 10/10 (Drama but damn is it goood) ------Ended

You won't regret it!

Also check out Gantz, Gungrave, D.Grayman, Code Geass R1 &R2, Hajime no Ippo.

PPJ

()
Premium Supporter
NetherRealm Studios
man if anybody wants some recommendations per genre just pm me or post away here

ryublaze

Noob
My favorite animes are:

Naruto
Bleach
Yu Yu Hakusho
Rurouni Kenshin
Dragonball
Dragonball Z
Inuyasha
Pokemon
Digimon
Yu-Gi-Oh!
Blue Gender

BTW, I recommend everyone who used to watch Toonami to go to www.toonamiaftermath.com (temporarily down now). It is pretty much the same as Toonami, except it streams 24/7 with old Toonami shows, Adult Swim shows and some Cartoon Network shows with a featured movie every Friday. WARNING: May take your soul away! Ever since I found out about Toonami Aftermath I've been watching it every day lol.

Killphil

A prop on the stage of life.
I've watched dragonball and dragonballz. I'm 500+ eps into One piece right now and loving it. Fist of the North Star and Cowboy Bebop are also up there in my book. The only two gundam series I gave my time to was Wing and G Gundam. Deathnote was good, after much prodding from my friend I finally watched it. I've also seen some weird ass shit like Elfen Lied and the new Fist of the North star. I wasn't to fond of either. I enjoy anime though, even though most "normal" people think I'm just watching cartoons.

gdf

Noob
I got back into anime with One Piece. I've also seen Sengoku Basara (if you haven't already guessed), and some other series I'm too lazy to remember. And Baccano.

Ok I'm going to be real. A year ago I decided to torrent a shit ton of anime (500gigs) so I have a decent gauge of whats good.

First off Death Note is not the best anime, to me its just good. The reasoning? The 2nd half of the anime. They introduce some characters with no backstory and it spirals out of control.

These are my recommendation

Code Geass season 1 (season 2 isn't bad but season 1 is 100% better)

Gundam 00 Season 1 and Season 2

Magical Girl Madoka. DO NOT LET THE MIDDLE SCHOOL GIRLS FOOL YOU. This anime is voted 2011 best anime and its dark as fuck. Its only 12 episodes go watch up to episode 3 before you judge.

Baccano (its like durarara but only a metric tons better. Better char, better plot, and better pacing)

Bakemonogatari

Ghost in the Shell Stand Alone Complex season 1 and 2 (season 2 is better overall)

Gurren Laggan (one of the best "epic" in recent anime, it truly feels like its telling an adventure from start to finish)

Full Metal Alchemist Brotherhood. Don't watch the shitty first version, this one is legit. It sticks to the manga, its dark as fuck and characters don't flip flop personalities.

The Girl who leapt through time.

Eden of the East

Katanagatari (its a tribute to old school samura/ninja style genre. None of this Naruto bullshit)

Gosick (a darker tone anime shown as like a mystery novel)

I HIGHLY recommend Madoka. I mean at first the shit will seem pedo-ish due to the age of the main character, but that shit changes so fast after episode 3 and then its obvious why the age of the main characters are what they are.

Also Code Geass Season 1 is still amazing. Season 2 is like "Wtf? ...ok i guess?"

edit
Most of the anime if not all i mention has little to no fillers.

edit 2

code geeass fan made trailer without that many spoilers. Its really a good anime, and it has some elements of Death Note. The only issue I have with it is that it has the same problem as death note but to a lesser extent.

PPJ

()
Premium Supporter
NetherRealm Studios
sakamichi no apollon for god tier from this current season

Red X

Noob
I only watch these anime now Fairy Tail, Naruto Shippuden, and One Piece.

Animes that I have watched and like are:
Flame of Recca, Yu Yu Hakusho, Gintama, Ipo Boxer, Baki the Grappler, Kenshi the greatest disciple, All Dragon Ball Z, All Gundam, Deathnote, Black Cat, Trigun, Samurai X, Doraemon, Soul Eater, Black Butler, Detective Conan, Bleach, Slam Dunk, Initial D, Code geass, Full Metal Alchemist, Guyver, and etc cant remember all.

EGP Wonder_Chef

Official Quan Chi Nerf Demander™
I tried to change my name to Black Jack for a while, and I still use that tag for things. Nobody gets it though.

RampaginDragon

Loses to uppercuts
FullMetal Alchemist!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! And of course Naruto Shippuden. Cant forget that. I oddly enjoyed Avatar the last air bender too. Like, a lot.

RampaginDragon

Loses to uppercuts
Just got back into anime.

I've watched every DB, DBZ, GT, and all the movies. Watched all of pokemon until the end of generation 3, seen all the movies. Seen all the Yu-Gi-Oh episodes(Lawl). And finished Death note like a week ago.

Any good anime recommendations?
Have you watched FullMetal alchemist or Naruto Shippuden? Kinda have to watch reg Naruto first doe.

RampaginDragon

Loses to uppercuts
MUST WATCH ANIME!!
Monster 10/10------Ended
Berserker 10/10 ------Ended
Bleach(Stop watching at ep.226.. really..) 7/10 ------Ended
Naruto Bushin & Shippuden 9.5/10
One piece 9.5/10
Sunabouzu(desert punk) 10/10 ------Ended<-------Lololol. You can finish this in 1 day.
One Outs 10/10 ------Ended
Deathnote 9.5/10 ------Ended
Full Metal Alchemist 2 Brotherhood 10/10 (The first one had a dumb ending-dont bother with that one) ------Ended
Basilisk (10/10) ------Ended
Claymore 10/10 ------Ended
Samurai 7 8/10 ------Ended
Samurai Champloo 8/10 ------Ended
Cowboy Bebop 8/10 ------Ended
Tengen toppa gurren lagann 8/10 ------Ended
Black Lagoon 8.5/10 ------Ended
Planet ES 10/10 (Drama but damn is it goood) ------Ended

You won't regret it!

Also check out Gantz, Gungrave, D.Grayman, Code Geass R1 &R2, Hajime no Ippo.
WHAT!?!?!? You didnt watch the movie then did you? Im talking about FMA btw.

LOL @ triple post.

bipolar_shango

" Bros before Hoes"
WHAT!?!?!? You didnt watch the movie then did you? Im talking about FMA btw.

LOL @ triple post.
I watched the movie. If you compare the old FMA to the new one its trash. On its own its pretty decent though but watching the second one you will feel that you wasted a few days in your life watching the first one.. At least thats how i felt.