What's new

Anime discussion thread

Gruntypants

THE MUFFINS ARE BEEFY
I could go on about Death Note and Naruto and Bebop BUT...
An anime you guys NEED to check out is Angel Beats. Hands down the BEST anime I've ever seen. It's only 13 episodes, easily knocked out in 4 days, but if it takes longer than 2 I'll be shocked. Amazing concept, characters, and soundtrack.
ANGEL BEATS ANGEL BEATS ANGEL BEATS ANGEL BEATS
You'll thank me later ;)
I just finished Angel Beats and I was pretty disappointed. There were so many boring, irrelevant episodes and the story is pretty confusing up until episode 6 or so. The ending could have been so much better
The way all the other side characters were obliterated without any sort of back story was a let down. The first ending how Kanade was the one who got Otanashi's heart transplanted and they both were obliterated and then were reincarnated in the real world to met again was good.

I give Angel Beats a 6/10

GrandMasterson

The Netherrealm beckons
Anyone see the new Berserk: Egg of the King movie? I was not fond of the CGI crap, but everything hand-animated was beautiful.

Metzos

You will BOW to me!
Naruto
Bleach
One Piece
Hellsing (both OVA's and the episodes)
Berserk
Rurouni Kenshin
Samurai Champloo
Dragon ball
Dragon ball Z
Dragon ball GT
Sekirei
Death Note (highly recommended)
Fairy Tail
Hajime No Ipo
D-Gray man
Shigurui (highly recommended if you like samurai's)
Highschool of the Dead

Thats all i can think of right now.

Metzos

You will BOW to me!
Btw if you guys like reading manga i recommend you read Psyren. It rocks big time.

Gruntypants

THE MUFFINS ARE BEEFY
Compared to the manga, all i have to say is a big NO. About the movies i have only seen the 1st one. Looks promising.
I'm not real big on reading books, but if the Manga is vastly superior to the anime then I might actually read it. I'll have to think about it.

Any good Mystery or Detective sort of animes out there? I really liked how Death Note was more of a cerebral battle between Light and L, so anything with similar themes would be interesting to me. Maybe I should just read some Sherlock Holmes books lol

Crathen

Death is my business
Any good Mystery or Detective sort of animes out there? I really liked how Death Note was more of a cerebral battle between Light and L, so anything with similar themes would be interesting to me. Maybe I should just read some Sherlock Holmes books lol
Code Geass first , watch both seasons in order.

Kaiji , Hellgirl , Jigoku shojo , Paranoia Agent , Baccano but they aren't exactly death note...

Code Geass first , watch both seasons in order.

Kaiji , Hellgirl , Jigoku shojo , Paranoia Agent , Baccano but they aren't exactly death note...
Already seen Code Geass.... seems as though there isn't really anything like them in terms of how much they make you think, you know? :(

Crathen

Death is my business
Already seen Code Geass.... seems as though there isn't really anything like them in terms of how much they make you think, you know? :(
Personally i didn't like Death Note but i guess that's just me lol , mental fapping too much isn't for me.

What works for me is watching different genres of anime , the more original the better , like now i'm watching Chaos Head and even if it has some serious weaboo shiz going on im liking it

PPJ

()
Premium Supporter
NetherRealm Studios
darker than black
steins;gate sorta
eden of the east sorta
monster
ergo proxy
paranoia agent
texhnolyze
disappearance of haruhi
ghost hound
noir
boogiepop phantom
ghost in the shell
lupin the 3rd
detective conan
case closed
durarara
kara no kyoukai/garden of sinners series
dr. blackjack

bipolar_shango

" Bros before Hoes"
Its g
I was thinking about watching the anime next. Is it any good?
Its great. The "first" anime was 25 ep long and didn't quite end but now the are doing a 3 part movie series that summarizes everything. so far 2 eps have been released. I think you should watch those

SquirtMcGirt

Purple balls covering the screen
Alot of what i like has already been mentioned. But if it has been mentioned already sorry ninja scroll. In the first five min. Of that movie a whole tribe of ninjas get dismembered, and then rains their blood...then one of my favorite lines in any movie ever..."don't let it cross your mind that i wouldn't mind raping a dead girl" classic...

My fav of all time is probably Welcome to the N.H.K
I'm currently staring down three sick days and am chewing my way through Baccano! because what the fuck else am I going to do? But once I finish up that NHK is probably going to be the next thing I watch.

I've also resolved myself to watch Bakemonogatari just because of a single sentence I read about it on Giantbomb:
"Specifically, if she allows him to jerk her off with her toothbrush, she can go vist the lesbian monkey basketball girl who walks around her house naked."

That's a special brand of weird you just can't get State-side.

Gruntypants

THE MUFFINS ARE BEEFY
Its g

Its great. The "first" anime was 25 ep long and didn't quite end but now the are doing a 3 part movie series that summarizes everything. so far 2 eps have been released. I think you should watch those
If only 2 of the 3 movies have been released so far, I think i'll wait for the third one to come out. I have so many unfinished shows that I'm waiting for the next season, so I'll put this one on watch later.