What's new

Anime discussion thread

RampaginDragon

Loses to uppercuts
I watched the movie. If you compare the old FMA to the new one its trash. On its own its pretty decent though but watching the second one you will feel that you wasted a few days in your life watching the first one.. At least thats how i felt.
I watched both. The first one felt more "real" and was more serious. I liked the feel of it more as it felt more heavy and daunting to me. And I liked how the charecters acted in the original more.

Lt. Boxy Angelman

I WILL EAT THIS GAME
Gundam wing

20:40 = The single greatest anime scene ever seen by the eyes of Box.

When I was a kid watching it for the first time, there was nothing more epic than my two favorite pilots miraculously escaping certain death in their brand new badass suits.
Deathscythe & Altron FTW.

-Deadman-

Getting better with age
Just finished season 1 of Deadman Wonderland and loved it.
Only 12 episodes (so far) but the ending is open,
and people say the manga leaves enough room for 2 more seasons.
This shit wouldn't let me sleep I kept going to the next episode >_<

My only gripe is it felt like it went too fast. But hopefully its not the last we'll
see of Ganta and Shiro

ShadowBeatz

Dropper of Bass and Bombs
I could go on about Death Note and Naruto and Bebop BUT...

An anime you guys NEED to check out is Angel Beats. Hands down the BEST anime I've ever seen. It's only 13 episodes, easily knocked out in 4 days, but if it takes longer than 2 I'll be shocked. Amazing concept, characters, and soundtrack.

ANGEL BEATS ANGEL BEATS ANGEL BEATS ANGEL BEATS

You'll thank me later ;)

EGP Wonder_Chef

Official Quan Chi Nerf Demander™
I just read 20th Century Boys after putting it off for a while.

I read Pluto sort of recently too, and I'm a really big fan of Tezuka and this mangaka, so I enjoyed it soooo much.

PPJ

()
Premium Supporter
NetherRealm Studios
this thread needs a bump

if you want something different and depressing (in a good way), try out texhnolyze

bump

x-post from my the other thread:

Since we've got some statuses blowing up on this topic, I figure I'll just create a thread about it. bump a thread about it.

Animes I have watched in full:
Yu Yu Hakusho
Cowboy Bebop
Code Geass
Death Note

What I am watching next:
Samurai Champloo

What're all of you watching? What are some good series to watch other than these that aren't twenty trillion seasons long? I'm obviously pretty new to anime. I like all of these because they aren't stupendously long (with the sort-of exception of yu yu hakusho), and have some of the best storytelling of all time in anime. I personally prefer animes with good english dubs, but if there is phenomenal voice acting in its regular language (i.e. Code Geass) I'll happily read dubs.

KombatNerd

Justice 4 Firestorm
Some of my favorite anime are Naruto (Shippuden especially), Bleach, Inuyasha, Death Note, Blood+, Full Metal Alchemist, DBZ...

Never really got into Cowboy Bebop, but a lot of people do like it.

Illmatix

Remember, representing ermac is illmatic.
Berserk, Akira, Fist of the North Star, Afro Samurai, Trigun and Ghost in the Shell.

Everything else, makes me feel like I need to have a Waifu and a body pillow...
akira is legit, even if you dont like anime, i believe ebert and roeper gave it 4 stars.

Faded Dreams V

Retired June 2012. Unretired June 2013.
bump

x-post from my the other thread:

Since we've got some statuses blowing up on this topic, I figure I'll just create a thread about it. bump a thread about it.

Animes I have watched in full:
Yu Yu Hakusho
Cowboy Bebop
Code Geass
Death Note

What I am watching next:
Samurai Champloo

What're all of you watching? What are some good series to watch other than these that aren't twenty trillion seasons long? I'm obviously pretty new to anime. I like all of these because they aren't stupendously long (with the sort-of exception of yu yu hakusho), and have some of the best storytelling of all time in anime. I personally prefer animes with good english dubs, but if there is phenomenal voice acting in its regular language (i.e. Code Geass) I'll happily read dubs.
I typed this in your other thread, but it was closed before my post went through, so I'll just paste here for the hell of it:

Anime I've watched in full:
Dragonball
Dragonball Z
Dragonball GT
Sailor Moon
Yu Yu Hakusho
Rurouni Kenshin
Gundam Wing
G Gundam
Gundam: 08th MS Team
Fullmetal Alchemist
Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood
Death Note
Air Gear
Super Happy Lesson
Gantz
Elfen Lied
Digimon (first series)
Yu-Gi-Oh (first series)
Chobits
Inuyasha
Dream Eater Merry
Pet Shop of Horrors
The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya.
First season of Pokemon. lulz.
Cowboy Bebop

Probably missing some. Honestly, I don't watch anime that frequently, though you'd probably assume I do from that list. Last one I got really into was Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood a long while ago. Not really watching anything atm. Gave Bleach a chance, but that series has fucking filler SAGAS. Fuck that. Manga's okay. Only manga I keep up with. Also recently rewatched Sailor Moon. Really enjoyed the Sailor Stars saga. <3

Have never given Naruto or One Piece a chance.

PPJ

()
Premium Supporter
NetherRealm Studios
anything by hayao miyazaki is good, same for satoshi kon

My fav of all time is probably Welcome to the N.H.K

Anyone watch Hajime no Ippo? It's about a kid who got bullied, but was saved by a boxer and wanted to learn boxing as well. It's one of my favorite anime's at the moment. Here's the epic vid that made me start to watch it, the fights are crazy!:

Hobozzzx

Up the Irons!!!
Hellsing and Hellsing Ultimate: The first series is only 13 episodes and I watched it all in 2 days. Hellsing Ultimate is a 10 part OVA (only 9 have been released so far, and only 8 dubbed) that follows the manga more closely than the original series (according to my friend, it's similar to FMA/FMA:Brotherhood). The best part, IMO, about Ultimate is that the episodes are 45 minutes to an hour long. AMAZING series, really looking forward to the rest of it.

Golgo 13 : Only got to watch the first 13 or so episodes since that's all that was on Netflix, but from what I saw it was really good. I watched this in June or July, and I'm STILL looking for the rest of it :(

High School DxD: Boobs, demons, chess and more boobs. And boobs.

Onii-chan Dakedo Ai Sae Areba Kankeinai yo ne: Currently watching this. I really can't describe it though, it's just so weird. If you're looking for something to watch, and are open minded when it comes it anime, give it a go.

Other recommendations would be Burst Angel, Murder Princess, el cazador de la bruja and Black Lagoon.

Seriously, if you haven't watched Black Lagoon, watch it. It's fucking amazing, my favorite anime BY FAR.

At the moment I'm currently switching between Soul Eater and Deadman Wonderland.

-Deadman-

Getting better with age
About to start epi 3 of Elfen Lied... and I have to say... damn.
This one's quite a bit different than what I was expecting.
And I thought High School of the Dead had questionable scenes.

Crathen

Death is my business
Elfen Lied is good but the anime doesn't explain certain things and it kinda ends quickly.

If ya want something different try Clannad and Clannad Afterstory , warning: must watch both series to really get it.

I'm currently watching Steins Gate , not bad