What's new

AGE Chris G Wins Injustice: Gods Among Us at UFGT 9!

THTB

Arez | Booya | Riu48 - Rest Easy, Friends
Claude, I love you, but that's way too much EC upplay. Chris G beat both CD and CDjr. And one of the players he placed behind at ECT (the winner actually) didn't even make it to top 16. It's not like there WASN'T any competition. There was, but you can't compare shit until everyone plays. That entire tournament was not easy.

CrimsonShadow

Administrator and Community Engineer
Administrator
This ECT vs. UFGT business is silly and a waste of breath.

There were great players at both tournaments. The reasons some people didn't make it as far in one tournament as they did in the other are:

1) Not everybody has an amazing tournament at every tournament

2) There were killers in the bracket at both tournaments, and there are are a bunch of I:GAU players who never get any credit but end up wrecking top players in every tournament they go to, like WoundCowboy kanechump EGP Wonder_Chef DragonGod and NY_Jailhouse

3) This is just over a 1-month old game and no one knows all of the matchups yet; most people haven't even fought a great representative of every character in the cast.

4) People are scouting, watch tape, and learning how to get around things that blew people up at previous tournaments

5) The midwest hardly ever gets props, but GGA is legit and they are here to stay. Everyone wants to talk East Coast vs. West Coast; but there's a lot of the US in between the two coasts.

6) Deathstroke means business. For people that haven't fought a top one, they'll find that out eventually.

G4S Claude VonStroke

@MK_ClaudeVS on twitter
I had to play chris G in mk9 at ECT. Our match comes up and he wasn't there. So I waited about 5 minutes. Figured he was playing another game so waiting another 5 minutes. Still not there. Then instead of crying like a bitch about him being late I went and found him myself. He was doing an interview in the hallway. told him about our match. 5 minutes later he showed up. He goes on to get third in MK9 beating very good players.

The idea that Keits was trying to DQ before his match even fucking started is absolutely disgraceful and disrespectful to not only Chris G but anyone who travels to tournaments. Thank god the players spoke up for him and did something about it.

Graviton Six

Master of Custodial Arts
Graviton Six said:
Awesome Top 16, still no CD jr, Reo and Brady kinda sucks.​
Watch Chris G win the whole thing in Injustice and MvC3.​

Chris G about to win MvC3, AE and SFxTekken too.

G4S Claude VonStroke

@MK_ClaudeVS on twitter
Claude, I love you, but that's way too much EC upplay. Chris G beat both CD and CDjr. And one of the players he placed behind at ECT (the winner actually) didn't even make it to top 16. It's not like there WASN'T any competition. There was, but you can't compare shit until everyone plays. That entire tournament was not easy.
This is me reacting to the constant EC bashing that was going on by commentators and Keits on twitter. Saying ECT wasn't a major but UFGT is. That's it's the first REAL injustice tournament etc. It's really fucking shameful.

But I love you dontay :joker:

SLy

Noob
I don't think there is a best coast right now. There's a little bit of everybody in there top placings. But I think the Midwest has a lot more killers over there overall.

TotteryManx

cr. HP Master
This is me reacting to the constant EC bashing that was going on by commentators and Keits on twitter. Saying ECT wasn't a major but UFGT is. That's it's the first REAL injustice tournament etc. It's really fucking shameful.

ECTV was a major, but the problem is that hardly any other region traveled to play there. UFGT is the first tournament where competitors from all regions came to play. Top 8 had mw, ec, and wc players. It was diverse and had competition from all over. The real travesty here is that we are down playing the Socal guys in this game. Godspeed plays at WNF's and made top 8 at a huge tournament. I can't wait for EVO when Aris, Rip, God Speed, Rico, CD Bros, REO, Brady, etc. etc. all play. Its gonna be one hell of a battle.

jackempty0

Born on a Monday
ECTV was a major, but the problem is that hardly any other region traveled to play there. UFGT is the first tournament where competitors from all regions came to play. Top 8 had mw, ec, and wc players. It was diverse and had competition from all over. The real travesty here is that we are down playing the Socal guys in this game. Godspeed plays at WNF's and made top 8 at a huge tournament. I can't wait for EVO when Aris, Rip, God Speed, Rico, CD Bros, REO, Brady, etc. etc. all play. Its gonna be one hell of a battle.
this is partially wrong. the east coast didnt show up to UFGT

THTB

Arez | Booya | Riu48 - Rest Easy, Friends

LOL that was said on Twitter? That's a fucking joke. UFGT stock is way down, ECT stock way up, even though it was already up there. Only 4 PS3 setups plagued by power issues causing more stutters and lag, on top of a ridiculous time slot for some popular games due to mystery tournaments and the TO's own game? I may be Midwest, but even I'm happy I didn't go. That's really fucked up.

Also, I'm kind of annoyed that players get that kind of treatment if they're good. I'll give Chris props any day of the week, but the rules even stated to get checked into your pools on time. Idk what exactly happened, but if it was the case of Chris being tardy, the ruling should've stayed IMO. Though being there on the dot is HARSH as fuck. Not even MLG went in like that.

Zoidberg747

My blades will find your heart
Of course he's godlike. But look at who else was in top 8 at ECT... none of them were even there except Tom Brady. Chris G beating CD jr is godlike, no one is taking props away.
Tom Brady BEAT ALL THOSE THAT WERENT THERE(or placed higher I should say) and he didnt even make top 16. You can flip that around by saying none of the top 8 at UFGT(Except Chris G and Art who are NY anyways lol) were at ECT. So how can you say whose better? You can't.

Cat

This guy looks kind of tuff...
Dude it happens. Art got 3rd at UFGT and didn't make it out of his pool at ECT. Game is too random. But a LOT great players were not at UFGT including the guys from your team and EC team. 2 EC guys went and one got 1st and one got 3rd.
People get better each week, especially in such a young game..
both cdjr and reo could of possibly not made top 8 at UFGT Like Tom..
Who knows.. you are just trying to make a fight out of nothing. i know you love your EC boys, But this argument is dumb one..
ppl can say.. well so and so was not there.. blah blah.. but they need to show up.

CrimsonShadow

Administrator and Community Engineer
Administrator
LOL that was said on Twitter? That's a fucking joke. UFGT stock is way down, ECT stock way up, even though it was already up there. Only 4 PS3 setups plagued by power issues causing more stutters and lag, on top of a ridiculous time slot for some popular games due to mystery tournaments and the TO's own game? I may be Midwest, but even I'm happy I didn't go. That's really fucked up.

Also, I'm kind of annoyed that players get that kind of treatment if they're good. I'll give Chris props any day of the week, but the rules even stated to get checked into your pools on time. Idk what exactly happened, but if it was the case of Chris being tardy, the ruling should've stayed IMO. Though being there on the dot is HARSH as fuck. Not even MLG went in like that.
Also no one is talking about the fact that pools starting on Friday afternoon made it hard for a lot of people to come.

G4S Claude VonStroke

@MK_ClaudeVS on twitter
Canada went to ECT, some Midwest was there. Players from CA were there like Floe and Justin Wong, and more... Also mid atlantic was there like Khaotic, Blackula, relaxed state etc. There was even a guy from Russia that came. It was not all NY, NJ, PA players there that isn't true. And the NE players didn't even go to UFGT so it's not players from all over. The two that did were 1st and 3rd place.

Forget about REO, CD Jr, Cd Sr, or the big names in MK scene etc... IF you put Jailhouse, Rico Suave or Emp Dragon God, in UFGT tournament there would have been problems. ECT was ridiculously stacked. My first match was against Sonic Fox and I had Rico Suave in my pool and Jer and some really good capcom flash player (forgot name). I saw losers finals of PL's pool and it looked like training mode. Let's be fucking SERIOUS HERE.

G4S Claude VonStroke

@MK_ClaudeVS on twitter
well ppl seem to only count Road to EVO events MAjors.. so yeah.. apparently it was and ECT was not -_-
So toryuken was the first Injustice major though with that theory. Or is it whoever can suck Mr Wizards cock the fastest gets to be in the Road to evo. Who gives a shit about who the almighty wizards wants to bless with evo points. PL didn't care about or need evo points and neither should we.

Cat

This guy looks kind of tuff...
Canada went to ECT, some Midwest was there. Players from CA were there like Floe and Justin Wong, and more... Also mid atlantic was there like Khaotic, Blackula, relaxed state etc. There was even a guy from Russia that came. It was not all NY, NJ, PA players there that isn't true. And the NE players didn't even go to UFGT so it's not players from all over. The two that did were 1st and 3rd place.

Forget about REO, CD Jr, Cd Sr, or the big names in MK scene etc... IF you put Jailhouse, Rico Suave or Emp Dragon God, in UFGT tournament there would have been problems. ECT was ridiculously stacked. My first match was against Sonic Fox and I had Rico Suave in my pool and Jer and some really good capcom flash player (forgot name). I saw losers finals of PL's pool and it looked like training mode. Let's be fucking SERIOUS HERE.
Lol Canada... Flow and Justin probably touch the game like once... or twice.. at UFGT there was real dedicated Injustice Players like Denzell, MIT, Kanechump, Woundcowboy, Pig of the Hut, Perfect Legend, Slips, 16 Bit, Dizzy, Jeremiah, Soonk, *catches Breath*, Tyrant, Forever King... you get the idea

Any of these players ^ could of been in any of the East coast players pool and eliminated them right off the bat...

your EC Nuthugging is getting out of control bro (The commentators on UFGT were just as bad for their guys)

how about focus on Leveling up yourself.. so ppl can say Claude was not at so and so Tournament, instead of you saying it for other players...

REDRUM

www.twitter.com/redrum26
MIDWEST gotta hold dat! Cause NY took home GOLD and BRONZE thanks to Chris G and Sabin (GGA cant be happy as they were unable to hold their Home Field Advantage) :)

With that said, all of GGA played incredibly .. Slips and Jerimiah (always cheer my fellow DOOMies on) are easy to root for alwats <3 #nohomo of course

Alucard showed how great Ares can be in the right hands but that popoff was so disrespectful, although that alone will add to the EVO hype seeing him in pools , he will be on a lot of Top 8 predictions going forward probably...

But good stuff to errybody who played GGS