What's new

AGE Chris G Wins Injustice: Gods Among Us at UFGT 9!

Benzo

Vic Stone
You mean a ton of the people there? And the way Chris was playing he probably could have beat REO. SMH niggas always looking to discredit wins.
No I'm not discrediting him. I think he's a very strong player in anything he touches. Just my opinion is this, when the players from MK9 are around he will not take it. I'm not discrediting him I just believe that the MK players are the strongest in this game. Am I wrong to feel such a way?

Hellbringer

1 2 3 drink
No I'm not discrediting him. I think he's a very strong player in anything he touches. Just my opinion is this, when the players from MK9 are around he will not take it. I'm not discrediting him I just believe that the MK players are the strongest in this game. Am I wrong to feel such a way?
You call that not discrediting him? Gtfo

ceemurda

Tha BLakk ROBOCOP
Green Arrow is a decent character. Chris G is an amazing player, but most of all they players were unfamiliar with Green Arrow. Chris G is utilizing GA quite nicely, but he is doing a lot of stuff that people just aren't catching on to. Getting away with a lot of punishable arrow loads on predictable times, landing super resets that are easy to escape left and right. Doing set ups in to oki pressure that is no where near meaty and getting away with it:p

I am just a little sad that people will see GA as this amazing character now, when it's the combination of Chris G's fundamentals and the unfamiliarity of the opponents that let's him win this major.

just another hater

ceemurda

Tha BLakk ROBOCOP

even though there were MK9 players at this tourney.. some of the best in the world were there sooooo... wtf are you talking about? not to mention he plays MK and usually finishes top 8 in that as well lol

SUPARNOVAX

Low tier? I was born in it, molded by it
You don't need rocket science for Injustice. The game is fun and complex enough for enthusiasts but it isn't going to take a long time to master characters here.

Everybody can bleed in this game because it's not as crappily made like Mortal Kombat 9.

Sent from my SPH-L900 using Tapatalk 2

SPECTRELIGHT

F, D, F + HP
First: Congratulations to the Top 8 and thanks for making it diverse and entertaining (even if that wasn't completely your objective) & Props to All Who Entered the Tournament. TOs cannot deny the growing interest in this game, nor its validity as a potential tournament staple.

Okay boys n germs, Reality Check:
It is the Player, not the character, that wins/loses tournaments. Regardless of the character it is the player who utilizes all of a character's tools, MU knowledge and opponent tendencies, to win.

Comparing tournaments to gauge a player's skill is asinine. Each tournament is different. NO player will ever be 100% on point (meaning performing at the peak of their skill) for EVERY tournament, Chris G. included. NO tournament will have EVERY single "Top Player" all together with each of them being 100% on point. NO player will win EVERY tournament they enter. You cannot diminish a Win because someone else wasn't there. What if that player was there? Perhaps they wouldn't be at the Height of their skill. Maybe they don't even play the person who eventually wins.
Attempting to diminish a win due to the absence of another player is just an excuse.
Regardless of who won last week, the circumstances surrounding each tournament are different. Players can have real life complications, be sick, etc.
Obviously, having many Tournament wins for the same game is a reflection of the player's skill. Yet you cannot say that a player isn't skilled because they didn't win every tournament for that game. Perfect Legend won consecutive years at EVO yet didn't win this tournament. So? He's still a World Champion and obviously has skills. The possibility of having an "Ultimate Showdown" to determine who is the greatest player ever is very, very slim, if existent at all.
If a player has won a Tournament, it means the player was skilled enough to win that tournament at that time. Winning a tournament is an achievement, but it won't finitely determine a player's skill for the coming tournament(s).
This whole territorial, alpha male, Coast vs Coast bullshit is ridiculous. You can claim this coast is better than that coast. It's irrelevant. Just like a player's race is irrelevant. We're definitely not going to sit here and say one race is better than the other because they won X amount of Majors, or whatever.
One Word: Maturity.

Consistency is probably the sole factor that truly determines skill. By this I mean playing consistently EACH tournament. You can win a tournament by dominating, or you can win by a sliver of health. Will you consistently dominate every tourney? Most likely NOT.
As it stands, right NOW, Chris G. is clearly demonstrating his Incredible Skill and Talent for 2-D FGs. (I have no record of his 3-D wins, but I'm of the impression that he would be skilled/talented at those FGs as well.) He won UFGT9 for 3 different games. Love Him or Hate Him, if you are a serious professional gamer you need to give him props/credit for his skills, as you would probably want people to give you props if you accomplished the same feat(s). If you refuse to give someone respect for what they have achieved, then don't expect people to respect you. Every single person here has made at least ONE mistake in their life and is prone to Pop Off if their buttons are pushed. It is human nature. Some people are more emotional than others. So what? Instead of judging other peoples' emotions & situational reactions, look within yourself at your faults/flaws and work on them. Understand that everyone reacts differently and NO ONE is perfect.

NOW, will he win all 3 games at the next tournament? Who knows? If he doesn't you cannot diminish the accomplishments he's already made. If you have enough time to bicker over the trivialities displayed here, you have time to work on YOUR game. I'm Audi to work on mine...

Benzo

Vic Stone
even though there were MK9 players at this tourney.. some of the best in the world were there sooooo... wtf are you talking about? not to mention he plays MK and usually finishes top 8 in that as well lol
When does he play MK? Where was he when MK was prominent? MK has died down considerably if you haven't noticed. No one cares if he plays MK now.
Sure some of the best in the world were there, but that doesn't mean they're good in Injustice.

When does he play MK? Where was he when MK was prominent? MK has died down considerably if you haven't noticed. No one cares if he plays MK now.
Sure some of the best in the world were there, but that doesn't mean they're good in Injustice.
what...Chris g made top 8 at damn near every major for mk he attended. He's won majors in mk. He's made top eight at evo in mk. Where we're you when mk was prominent? Oh, you joined this site like two weeks ago...I see.

Benzo

Vic Stone
Yea your right. I was over at Mk5.org and Trmk. I actually like this site.
But anyway I'm not saying you're not correct on his placing in MK, but he definitely wasn't a factor in Mk like he is in Marvel.

Yea your right. I was over at Mk5.org and Trmk. I actually like this site.
But anyway I'm not saying you're not correct on his placing in MK, but he definitely wasn't a factor in Mk like he is in Marvel.
Not being on these boards doesn't make him a non factor. Being a factor in tournaments makes him a factor.