What's new

AGE Chris G Wins Injustice: Gods Among Us at UFGT 9!

CrimsonShadow

Administrator and Community Engineer
Administrator
AGE Chris G Wins Injustice at UFGT 9 with Green Arrow!

1st) AGE Chris G
2nd) WoundCowboy
3rd) TS Arturo
4th) GGA Slips
5th) RDK Godspeed
5th) ForeverKing
7th) GGA Dizzy
7th) CORN|Alucard

In typical fashion, Chris G electrified UFGT's winners bracket with his breakneck style of play. Repeatedly confusing opponents with Green Arrow's mixups and traps, he looked to be close to unstoppable, landing nearly all of his resets and punishes in some matches, until WoundCowboy finally started to dechipher the puzzle in Grand Finals.

After Chris took the first game, Wound kept his composure and battled back to even up the set. After Chris began to use Green Arrow's jumping Heavy attack to control the airspace however, the advantage began to tip in his favor and he looked more and more comfortable as the set went on, eventually taking it 4-1.

A special note to WoundCowboy, who brought his relatively new Sinestro to UFGT and quietly laid a path of destruction through a formidable bracket full of great players from multiple regions.

This was an incredibly exciting weekend for Injustice, and although we didn't get to see most of the bracket play, almost everything that was streamed was both unpredictable and exhilarating. A lot of matches went down to the wire, and a number of people that were eliminated earlier on will be making adjustments and doing further damage at future events.

With up to 9,700 viewers depite the 9:30 AM timeslot, Injustice made the case that it's bigger than ever and here to stay.

For anyone that missed it, the archive of Top 8 is here: http://www.twitch.tv/leveluplive/b/408543766?t=9m13s

Attachments

KingShaz

In the Shadows
Congrats to all the players for making this another great tournament for Injustice. Congrats to Chris G and his Green Arrow for taking this tourney and congrats to the rest of the top 16 who made this tourney interesting and competitive!

Good shit Chris. After watching your interview I'm rooting for you. Fuck haters, you can't please everyone. I'm not heavy into the tournament scenes but I used to attend, and it's a bunch of clown ass ppl in this community.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2

Skkra

PSN: Skkra
Chris G, the FGC's unstoppable force. That Green Arrow play was ridiculous. Congrats to the whole top 8! Nice to not see a Superman snoozefest... good character variety.

Slips beating Forever King's Raven was one of the best matches of the tournament.

CCVengeance

The one guy hoping for Kai
Is there really a need to publicly humiliate M2Dave anymore?

I'm sure he already feels horrible/salty/regretful for all his knee jerk complaining posts. Lets not start another 30page thread.
Meh.I'm bored and he deserves to be exposed.