Is it a good feature?

• Yes

Votes: 85 91.4%
  • No

Votes: 8 8.6%

• Total voters

stamatis

Όσα δε φτάνει η αλεπού. ........
Anyone who disagrees with this needs to post videos of them doing 1 frame Darkstalkers dash cancels w BB Hood. Only then can u bitch about a 3 frame static latentcy. No combos in this game are that hard where 3 frames will effect your timings drastically.
So you think the difference will not be that big?

EMPEROR PRYCE

WAR SEASON "THE WEAK EXPOSED!"
So you think the difference will not be that big?

I know the difference won't be that big. We've been playing it ever since the betas been released lol

3 frames is 3/60th of a second, no one will notice the difference in a game like MKX. Better yet, if there is any noticeable difference it won't be a major impact on gameplay. No more than the occasional rollback will atleast.

Harlequin969

Always press buttons
Now lets just hope the new netkode can take the stress of the entire community playing online at once. I'm fine with SFV level outages at first as long as it can be consistent in the long run. Hell didn't SFV get it fixed in about 48hrs?

stamatis

I know the difference won't be that big. We've been playing it ever since the betas been released lol

3 frames is 3/60th of a second, no one will notice the difference in a game like MKX. Better yet, if there is any noticeable difference it won't be a major impact on gameplay. No more than the occasional rollback will atleast.
I get your point,it is just that I do not have a Beta code so I am not familiar with the difference, thanks.

stamatis

Now just hope the new netkode can take the stress of the entire community playing online at once. I'm fine with SFV level outages at first as long as it can be consistent in the long run. Hell didn't SFV get it fixed in about 48hrs?
Speaking for myself I am not impressed by the SF5 online.

Rathalos

Play Monster Hunter!
Hasn't tekken been using something like this since the beginning?
Tekken Tag 2 introduced a frame or two of input delay into the base game to help with netcode.
I don't remember how many frames off hand.

I only really remember because ATP podcast talked about it one time, and they only noticed because of different throw tech timing between TT2 and T6.

villainous monk

Terrible times breed terrible things, my lord.
The fact that you cannot adjust the latency frames,makes me think that the maximum lag you will get is 3 frames,so this is very promising about the new netcode.
I'll take it. Compared to the current version and what their tech teams said about how they really reworked the engine and implemented roll backs to improve game play is enough for me. Now I ain't no technical man that is some sort of expert but they did and are doing something and that's all that's all good for me.

The beta plays and feels so much better and I sincerely hope what we have all enjoyed is what we can expect and more.

So I say yes. An optional 3 frame latency option in practice mode is terrific idea. You have a good point in maybe we can't or won't be able to adjust the frames but I still think the is a huge step in the right direction.

Let's think for a sec.

Online was bad. Now with the beta I do think it will be either the best we get or the worst for some. Depending on any or all factors I suppose. So the option to have a mode to practice and lab in this optional mode would better prepare those who like online play.

With NRS trying new things and also continuing to support both scenes shows everyone that they want to be legit.

I can't wait to see what other serious ideas that they have for us.

stamatis

I'll take it. Compared to the current version and what their tech teams said about how they really reworked the engine and implemented roll backs to improve game play is enough for me. Now I ain't no technical man that is some sort of expert but they did and are doing something and that's all that's all good for me.

The beta plays and feels so much better and I sincerely hope what we have all enjoyed is what we can expect and more.

So I say yes. An optional 3 frame latency option in practice mode is terrific idea. You have a good point in maybe we can't or won't be able to adjust the frames but I still think the is a huge step in the right direction.

Let's think for a sec.

Online was bad. Now with the beta I do think it will be either the best we get or the worst for some. Depending on any or all factors I suppose. So the option to have a mode to practice and lab in this optional mode would better prepare those who like online play.

With NRS trying new things and also continuing to support both scenes shows everyone that they want to be legit.

I can't wait to see what other serious ideas that they have for us.
The fact that NRS worked in something many people need its a big surprise.
It shows that they want everyone to be happy and this is good.

DDutchguy

Stand 4'ing airplanes out of the sky
I think it's stupid.
Why though? It's an optional feature and helps people lab for online, which is great for ESL or only-online players like myself. Sure you could argue there shouldn't be a 3-frame delay with offline to begin with, but it's probably insanely difficult to make up for the difference in internet connection perfectly.

How can anyone not like this.... if you prefer native offline... then turn it off, if you are a online monster... turn it on.. what is the big deal. This is nothing but a win / win situation.

Anyone who disagrees with this needs to post videos of them doing 1 frame Darkstalkers dash cancels w BB Hood. Only then can u bitch about a 3 frame static latentcy. No combos in this game are that hard where 3 frames will effect your timings drastically.
Dosn't D'vorah have a 1 frame link?

SaSSolino

Soul Stealing Loyalist
Why though? It's an optional feature and helps people lab for online, which is great for ESL or only-online players like myself. Sure you could argue there shouldn't be a 3-frame delay with offline to begin with, but it's probably insanely difficult to make up for the difference in internet connection perfectly.
Why is that?
The online lag shouldn't be embraced like that, it's an obstacle that keeps you from playing the game at its finest, witch is offline. You could argue that it can help ESL players and I wouldn't disagree, but besides that I think it's wrong to encourage people to get used to lag. People should have to play with lag, not want to.

Rearawt

Noob
The online lag shouldn't be embraced like that, it's an obstacle that keeps you from playing the game at its finest, witch is offline. You could argue that it can help ESL players and I wouldn't disagree, but besides that I think it's wrong to encourage people to get used to lag. People should have to play with lag, not want to.
People do have to play with lag: online has 3 frames of latency. Those who want to play online, will want to practice as if they were online.
Those who want to play offline will not enable the offline delay. What, exactly, is the problem?
Online lag is a fact of life, no point ignoring it because it won't go away.

stamatis

I guess it is better than nothing,but I get your point,everything you say is accepted.

RM slacked

Shinnok trash from Canada.
I used 8 frames of input lag in training mode in USF4, helped my offline play tbh. Landing 1 frame links offline felt so much easier.

FinalBoss_FGC

Day -4MONTHS Dual Jin main
Everybody is so hostile here.

And the lag isn't being "embraced", it is a realization that even the best online experiences still present a 3 frame latency, its inevitable. It is next to impossible to completely take out the online lag because online does not take place in real time.

If you don't like the option, don't use it.

I feel like I'm trying to explain why anti gay people have the option to not get married to another man or something.

Like, okay, I get that you're against it but nobody told you that you have to partake.