Is it a good feature?

• Yes

Votes: 85 91.4%
  • No

Votes: 8 8.6%

• Total voters

tafka Djinn

One for three off the roof
There is no catch my friend, even in the threads I am accusing the game,or NRS I always explain the reasons.
I know sometimes I write things people do not want to read but one more time I will say that I love MK and whatever I did or doing is because I want this game to be the best.
And even after the bad feedback I received in the past I am still here to discuss with everyone(even with the guys that insulted me)about anything MK needs to be perfect.;)
This right here is why you're actually a delight to read in my opinion. Sure, I haven't agreed with like... Sixty-percent of what I've seen you post, but you give thought out reasons for what you don't like, and seem to do your best to learn.

So,during the Kombat Kast an hour ago we were informed that when MKXL arrives the players will be able to enable a 3frame latency in their offline play.
That means you can play Towers,Practice and every offline mode with the 3frame "lag" so you can prepare yourselves for the online experience.
What do you guys think?
good because its optional

SylverRye

Official Loop Kang Main
Now lets just hope the new netkode can take the stress of the entire community playing online at once. I'm fine with SFV level outages at first as long as it can be consistent in the long run. Hell didn't SFV get it fixed in about 48hrs?
It took 4 days for sf5 to be up again after the server issue. Mkx has been feeling worse now online than when the beta initially released, its getting me pretty worried but i have hope.

MK FIGHTER

Knife Fight
This is insane. Having an option to make your game laggy offline just to get use to some lag before playing online! Only idiotic morons would think this is a good idea. That's like purposely making bad coffee at home so you can get use to the terrible coffee at work. Then stamatis makes a thread titled Latency by choice yes or no". That's not giving anyone a choice its basically saying NRS will make the game laggy or give the option to make it laggy. How about titling the thread "SHOULD NRS DO THEIR JOB AND FIX THE ONLINE LAG PROBLEM? OR TRY TO CONVINCE US THAT ONLINE LAG IS GREAT?"

OMG, NRS has really pulled the wool over the eyes of many of its customers with this. Since they can't really fix the problem they'll try to put lag into the game as an option and sell it to you. smdh

MK FIGHTER

Knife Fight
Anyone who disagrees with this needs to post videos of them doing 1 frame Darkstalkers dash cancels w BB Hood. Only then can u bitch about a 3 frame static latentcy. No combos in this game are that hard where 3 frames will effect your timings drastically.
Says another who NRS is conditioning to think online lag can be really, really cool.

SylverRye

Official Loop Kang Main
Lol at people getting ass hurt over this. There is no game in the world that has 0 online lag or delay, it will always be there, sometimes its noticeable, other times its not but it will never be exactly like offline. Some people want to train for esl, others may not have anyone to play with offline so they would rather get used to the 3f delay before they head online. Other fighting games have been using this for years, whats the big deal? Dont like it, dont use it. Simple, but still not simple enough for some of you here....

MK FIGHTER

Knife Fight
A day at NRS studios.

Scene one-
Ed Boon: "So how's the new netcode working out?
IT Dept head: "Well Ed, some of the issues have been fixed but we still can't make MKX like Street Fighter or Killer Instinct online."
Ed Boon: "Why not?"
IT Tech: "Because we suck and we are Neatherrealm Studios."
Ed Boon: "Damn it!"
IT Tech: "What Ed, you upset about this?"
Ed Boon: "What?!, No I just hate this office coffee, god I wish it tasted as good as the coffee I make at home!"
IT Tech: "Ed!...Ed! You just gave me an idea!"
Ed Boon: "What's that? Buy a new and better coffee machine so we can have good coffee here at the office too?"
IT Tech: "No. If you make the coffee at home purposely taste terrible, then the coffee at work will be tolerable!"
Ed Boon: "No way on earth will I do that, that's insane and stupid as hell. I'm going to fix the office coffee issue today."
IT Tech: "Hmn, wish we could do the same with MKX online."
Ed Boon: "Hey! I got it. Lets apply the making bad coffee at home to tolerate the bad coffee at work idea to the game!"
IT Tech: "How Ed?"
Ed Boon: "Simple. We add lag to the entire game for offline play in a patch with 3 frame+ latency, this way those stupid MK customers will get use to it and start seeing lag as a good thing!"
IT Tech: "Wow! great idea Ed. That will save us a bundle and make horrible online lag make us more money and call it MKXL with the L for LAG!"
Ed Boon: "Ok, call Tyler and babyface to set up the next Brainwashing Kast...I mean Kombat Kast."
Ed Boon: sips his coffee..."this coffee is horrible, I'm fixing this coffee issue today."

Last edited:

THTB

Arez | Booya | Riu48 - Rest Easy, Friends
There's nothing wrong with this, just why this over smoothing adjustment settings for your online play? :/

MK FIGHTER

Knife Fight
Lol at people getting ass hurt over this. There is no game in the world that has 0 online lag or delay, it will always be there, sometimes its noticeable, other times its not but it will never be exactly like offline. Some people want to train for esl, others may not have anyone to play with offline so they would rather get used to the 3f delay before they head online. Other fighting games have been using this for years, whats the big deal? Dont like it, dont use it. Simple, but still not simple enough for some of you here....
Why keep supporting NRS's deliberate choice not to correct the online issues. Its like your city mayor refusing to fix the numerous pot holes in the streets by creating potholes in front of everyone's house just so you'll just get use to potholes everywhere and he can avoid fixing them.

stamatis

Όσα δε φτάνει η αλεπού. ........
This is insane. Having an option to make your game laggy offline just to get use to some lag before playing online! Only idiotic morons would think this is a good idea. That's like purposely making bad coffee at home so you can get use to the terrible coffee at work. Then stamatis makes a thread titled Latency by choice yes or no". That's not giving anyone a choice its basically saying NRS will make the game laggy or give the option to make it laggy. How about titling the thread "SHOULD NRS DO THEIR JOB AND FIX THE ONLINE LAG PROBLEM? OR TRY TO CONVINCE US THAT ONLINE LAG IS GREAT?"

OMG, NRS has really pulled the wool over the eyes of many of its customers with this. Since they can't really fix the problem they'll try to put lag into the game as an option and sell it to you. smdh
Your example about the coffee is something I will not argue with you.
It is your opinion and it is acceptable.
The story here is about an optional feature that will allow people who do not have a very good connection be prepared for what they will face online(lag).
Totally lagless online gameplay it is not possible for every player around the world and I believe we all agree with it.

MK FIGHTER

Knife Fight
Your example about the coffee is something I will not argue with you.
It is your opinion and it is acceptable.
The story here is about an optional feature that will allow people who do not have a very good connection be prepared for what they will face online(lag).
Totally lagless online gameplay it is not possible for every player around the world and I believe we all agree with it.
100% lagfree online is no question impossible, especially for NRS games. But what is happening here is a hidden conditioning mentality to accept NRS's failure to fix the issues by them turning around and basically selling us lag as an option. I can understand how and why some people are mentally unable to comprehend this. This idea is so outrageous that most customers/players wouldn't dream NRS would do such a thing. That's where the deception and disservice lies.

stamatis

100% lagfree online is no question impossible, especially for NRS games. But what is happening here is a hidden conditioning mentality to accept NRS's failure to fix the issues by them turning around and basically selling us lag as an option. I can understand how and why some people are mentally unable to comprehend this. This idea is so outrageous that most customers/players wouldn't dream NRS would do such a thing. That's where the deception and disservice lies.
Once more I will mention that this thread isn't about wrong or right but to hear what everybody thinks.
You do not like it and I accept it:).

Agilaz

It has begun
3 frames really matters that much? MKX doesn't seem like a game that would have a lot of problems with this. I haven't played the beta, but people close to me have and they're reporting good experiences - same with some top players that are active here on TYM.

Latency issues will never go away entirely, bringing it down to a locked 3 frames is a small concession for what sounds like close to god-tier netcode.

Also, stop comparing MKX to SFV or KI. SFV has its own issues, and KI can afford to skip the 3f latency thing because the game needs to micropause anytime you do anything anyway. Go play KI if this bothers you so much, damn.

Edit: also, it's optional and meant to allow players to be more consistent online. If you're consisten offline, you don't need to worry about this. It's for online. Why are people so butthurt over an OPTION?

xxFalcon Loverxx

Ignorant slaves, how quickly you forget.

Dude, it gives you the chance to practice in shit connection, in good connection, decent connection.What the hell are you crying about?

stamatis

If the reports about the new netcode are accurate, 3 frames should be alright to simulate it. Definitely not enough in the current netcode.
i heard many people say that 3 frames will not make difference!

TotteryManx

cr. HP Master
Wtf is happening in this thread? The beta feels great. As good as any fighting game out there can be. There will always be lag though. This is a option, so I don't see why it would be bad when you can simply turn it off lol.

If the reports about the new netcode are accurate, 3 frames should be alright to simulate it. Definitely not enough in the current netcode.
That's very true. I suppose that's why they waited until this netcode update to introduce offline lag simulation.

If they simulated vanilla MKX lag offline, it'd be more around 15 frames and Ermac would repeatedly kick you in the balls while you played.

TotteryManx

cr. HP Master