What's new

$20,000 POT BONUS FROM WB FOR MK9 TOP at EVO 2012!!

<F8>

<Insert witty title>
I'll do you a courtesy before I start ripping into you: What have you done in Europe that would put you anywhere near Foxy or Glue's level?

P.S. I'm chipping in a sizable portion to the Foxy and Glue fund, just for the record.
The courtesy of a reach around? No thanks we've been down that road before with Ketchup during a lovely PM session last night. It's a waste of time to actually try and get something through that elephant skin of his, so I'll leave that guy as he is. He took it personally as usual and blew it up. So anyway ...

Suddenly it's all about him and about that old tournament again, which totally wasn't my point. So yea now I've quoted him in my sig to pose that this is a requirement to actually have a decent word with him, not to say the least about the requirements one should have to actually get respect from the guy. Why did I do so? That's one of his most dullest statements he could make for someone who claims to be a respectable player. Now he isn't the main subject so let's call it an end of discussion regarding this fella. He had my 2cents and he knows what he's worth.

I thought it just seemed fair for people from the other side of Europe to get a chance to get to experience those things too. Since they are either poor or they aren't as highly placed as these guys and do this for a living, you know? Some of these people over here in this entire union, yes union I say. Are either going broke or simply do not have the time to attend majors like some of you do. So looking at it from a different perspective could actually open your eyes for a split second. Probably not, not hoping for it since most of you don't even pay a second attention to what potential they've really got from what I've noticed. And it's not like a drive gets ran for these people over here so they can actually go over there and kick your asses for a change now could they?

So don't begin asking yourself what I've done to get near their level, hell I don't have that much time on my hands in my life. Jesus christ on a bike I don't even care to put that much time into it. People obviously have lives, right? Anyway it isn't about me. It's about giving other people from the EU who have just as much potential as the UK players a shot. But no; badmouth their cheap tournaments, look down upon them cause they can't do the shit you do, give 'em the middle finger instead of the helping hand, and so on ...

But it's good to know that these people aren't so interesting since they don't show up on a major simply due to any given reason which some of you simply will not tolerate. So there isn't any use of respecting them whatsoever according to Ketchup. Follow those words of wisdom I'd say, they'll pretty much get you far.

Now let's all focus on EVO or shall I continue munching these ...

BenGmanUk

Get staffed bro
Wall of text
So your point is that basically there are some players in Europe that are really good but do not have the time or funds to attend a major and prove themselves, but want recognition as a great players? Well I'm sorry but it just doesn't work like that.

On topic:
Yey fundage for Evo!! This can only be a good thing. It seems MLG has taken a little limelight off Evo and they have rasied their game as a result. I can't fucking wait to see MK at Evo again. Its more exciting to me than the world final of ANY sport.

<F8>

<Insert witty title>
So your point is that basically there are some players in Europe that are really good but do not have the time or funds to attend a major prove themselves ...
You almost nailed it right there, almost. At least you've got slightly further than the rest, props for that.

CY MasterHavik

Master of Chaos and Jax
The 2 finalists were friends and team mates and instead of playing competitively, they decided to split the pot and share the $10k, so they just screwed around in the Grand Final.
...uh...who the fuck does that? That took a crap on a good game. That's disrespectful.

F8: Let em try. Basically EU has a ton of great players they lack the resources and time to go to majors constantly. But want to be seen and known as great players for what they have done when they had the money and time, correct?

<F8>

<Insert witty title>
F8: Let em try. Basically EU has a ton of great players they lack the resources and time to go to majors constantly. But want to be seen and known as great players for what they have done when they had the money and time, correct?
Well it simply started within our side of the community since we learned that players from the UK were getting funded and would be representing the EU. We didn't actually care who they were at start. Yet the main issue in combination of the very few obstacles that the majority can't seem to create the proper time frame for as they do have; jobs with very awful shifts and holiday arrangements, some are still students, some suffer under this damn Euro currency that juiced up all the prices. And yes some are just too damn pussy to show up. That's like a punch in the face extra since over here tournaments are like slim to none and some of these good players just don't bother attending 'em. So that leaves that tight 'lil bunch spread out all over this side of EU with a few majors that come around at the wrong place and the wrong time. You know what I'm saying?

Now there's some, including myself who would go towards a major as it's pretty damn affordable within my budget. Thing is I've got this life to maintain which probably some individuals might not be able to comprehend just yet. But seeing a certain someone wants to have a go at me, I'll grant him the pleasure at EVO next year while putting my girl infront of the slot machines or something. Hell if I know. Few local over there should add up to the bunch to make it just that more fun y'know. The time frame would be just that right for me seeing as the agenda looks pretty clear so far. Unfair to the guys who can't attend at that time though. I guess the drive is on us since that's what it seems to take to prove we're just in it to have fun and to have some good games with this crew, even though we've been actively showing that through Project Mr.E's events and other events held. Which I unfortunately could not attend myself sometimes. That's life for ya, right?

Now as for the intentions of getting a name out there and want to be seen and whatnot. On my side of the story I don't give a rat's ass. All I look at it as an event where players gather have fun and enjoy their time. Learn from each other, have a blast, show that there's just more than those few players out there that know how to play the game, catch some drinks afterwards. You know sorta tighten up the community whilst offering fair chances to those who truly want to attend such majors themselves and just cannot do it for any reason there might be.

That's all there was to it, nothing more nothing less. If anything they're adding more and I'm not the one telling it to ya, call it bull straight away.

Still buggy and yes they are random and I see 10+ pages of SV5 heads complaining in this thread... What makes MK9 worse than SC5 ?
Dude it is not random. And I already told you it'd been patched and fixed.

SCV is way more consistent that MK9. LMFAO most fighting games are WAY MORE CONSISTENT than MK9.

When MK9's inconsistencies/bugs/glitches (and I have ALREADY explained what this all is imo, in previous post) are dealt with, I'll respect it more. That's my personal issue.

I shouldn't have to "deal with it" when it "shouldn't be" in the first place. Even though I still play this got damn clusterfuck for some reason smh.

I don't know what point you are trying to prove. But whatevz. Clearly I and others are asking for reasonable things out of this game from the devs.

To make the game more enjoyable and even more legit.

For some reason what I get out of this thread/site is:

"OMG lemme swallow your dick NRS/WB you gave us $20k. We accept whatever BS you throw at us."

or...

"Booo hooo WB/NRS does nothing for us, show no support, and btw the game has this, that, and every other issue...FIX IT FIX IT FIX IT!"

Maybe our game isn't consistent because our community isn't either. -__-

People shouldn't demand fixes for Input Bug, as that will require an overhaul of the entire MK code, and the issue is known, otherwise they would have fixed it, if the bug was easily accessible to fix. MK10, will most likely be fixes, and it will be most likely be tested by more qualified pro players.

Resets, oh, well, people can deal with em, it makes the game a little spicy.

Fixing something isn't as easy as just fixing it, there might be shittier outcomes if they attempt to fix something.

The goal of a QA Test team is so of course find bugs and proper balance, but their priority is to make sure the damn game works. That it doesn't have a nuclear meltdown from just navigating the menu and crashes the entire console.

Also, there is a post release team for MK, and that is usually different from the production team during development. According to Paulo, he's writing a code solely by himself, that takes balls. A game can have about millions of lines of Code. (Gears 3 had roughly 4 million lines, I'd be not surprised if MK was any different). Him doing that himself to find bugs/fixes through the original code whilst writing his own on his spare time to HELP the community while working towards other NRS projects, deserves props. If the patch comes it comes, if not, well, we have a legit first MK game that's fun to play in a while.

A F0xy Grampa

Problem X Promotions
The courtesy of a reach around? No thanks we've been down that road before with Ketchup during a lovely PM session last night. It's a waste of time to actually try and get something through that elephant skin of his, so I'll leave that guy as he is. He took it personally as usual and blew it up. So anyway ...

Suddenly it's all about him and about that old tournament again, which totally wasn't my point. So yea now I've quoted him in my sig to pose that this is a requirement to actually have a decent word with him, not to say the least about the requirements one should have to actually get respect from the guy. Why did I do so? That's one of his most dullest statements he could make for someone who claims to be a respectable player. Now he isn't the main subject so let's call it an end of discussion regarding this fella. He had my 2cents and he knows what he's worth.

I thought it just seemed fair for people from the other side of Europe to get a chance to get to experience those things too. Since they are either poor or they aren't as highly placed as these guys and do this for a living, you know? Some of these people over here in this entire union, yes union I say. Are either going broke or simply do not have the time to attend majors like some of you do. So looking at it from a different perspective could actually open your eyes for a split second. Probably not, not hoping for it since most of you don't even pay a second attention to what potential they've really got from what I've noticed. And it's not like a drive gets ran for these people over here so they can actually go over there and kick your asses for a change now could they?

So don't begin asking yourself what I've done to get near their level, hell I don't have that much time on my hands in my life. Jesus christ on a bike I don't even care to put that much time into it. People obviously have lives, right? Anyway it isn't about me. It's about giving other people from the EU who have just as much potential as the UK players a shot. But no; badmouth their cheap tournaments, look down upon them cause they can't do the shit you do, give 'em the middle finger instead of the helping hand, and so on ...

But it's good to know that these people aren't so interesting since they don't show up on a major simply due to any given reason which some of you simply will not tolerate. So there isn't any use of respecting them whatsoever according to Ketchup. Follow those words of wisdom I'd say, they'll pretty much get you far.

I have a job, go to university, generally spunk my money on raves and am STILL sick at MK, and what!?

You cant expect the MK community to want to set up a donation drive for you unless you:

1. Get yourselves known.
2. Ask for it.

Its like you expect everybody to automatically think you're worthy competitors when you've given us no reason to think that you are. Then your counter argument to that is 'we have lives' so its really a lose lose situation with you isnt it.

And as it stands, the only other european players that we've been able to see have been from the Kiev cup, some Russian tournies spread about and some of the ones in the netherlands and holland right?

Best players from there have been Panama, Doku, Sim and the guy who won KK, but we are ahead. UK is dominant on this side of the world, just like VSM is dominant in US, and all those that have played us will say so.

WEST SIDE!

<F8>

<Insert witty title>
I have a job, go to university, generally spunk my money on raves and am STILL sick at MK, and what!?

You cant expect the MK community to want to set up a donation drive for you unless you:

1. Get yourselves known.
2. Ask for it.

Its like you expect everybody to automatically think you're worthy competitors when you've given us no reason to think that you are. Then your counter argument to that is 'we have lives' so its really a lose lose situation with you isnt it.

And as it stands, the only other european players that we've been able to see have been from the Kiev cup, some Russian tournies spread about and some of the ones in the netherlands and holland right?

Best players from there have been Panama, Doku, Sim and the guy who won KK, but we are ahead. UK is dominant on this side of the world, just like VSM is dominant in US, and all those that have played us will say so.

WEST SIDE!

PND_Mustard

"More stealthful than the night"
Premium Supporter
ok i need to say something here because this has gone WAY too far, as usual, and is nowhere even close to on topic.

F8, you want your players to get recognition, correct? well the ONLY way that is going to happen is for them to actually place at tournaments, turning up isnt enough, if you wanna be considered a top player, you have to be consistently getting top of the brackets everywhere you go, which, Djack is yet to do, and you say you dont really play it so im assuming you dont either.

the only major you guys have been to is RFD, which panama won, and Doku placed 4th with a week old Cyber sub zero. again, you guys didnt place well.

and when you know you dont do as well as youd like to you simply cannot fall back on the 'well we have lives' card, this is the reality mate, we ALL have real lives outside MK, we dont play it for a living like you claim, its a hobby to all of us, so that is a flawed excuse which doesnt run on here.

and the reason we dont respect you if because in every post you've aimed towards us you've been a total asshole, so why the hell SHOULD we show you any manners? now, please, be quiet and stop talking, because you're embarassing yourself.

im surprised the mods havent come in and deleted a bunch of these stupid posts already.

Altaire

Noob

This is one of the worst posts I've ever seen, and I can't believe I read more than one third of it. I got ALMOST halfway before I just quickly skimmed it to confirm my suspicions that it doesn't get any better.

You already destroyed your own argument when you admitted that none of you are as "highly placed". The purpose of this fund is for Europe (more specifically the UK) to get its best representation at Evo. Foxy and Glue are being flown to Evo because alongside Ketchup and Mustard (who are already spoken for), they are THE MOST SUCCESSFUL TOURNAMENT PLAYERS IN THE UNITED KINGDOM. If you'd made the argument that you're really good and just have nothing to show for it, you would've already looked ridiculous, but you more or less implied that you AREN'T good and should get to go anyway. Why, for funsies? Why should anyone chip in for you to go? Allow me to reiterate: This fund exists so two of Europe's absolute best players can make it to Evo, so we can accurately determine which of the two scenes is stronger. If the four best UK players go up against the four best US players, the results will speak for themselves.

This entire post is still so surreal to me. Like, it's so stunningly ridiculous that I can't even believe a real person wrote this. If you want to go to Evo, either get yourself a damn job or get yourself some recognition. Glue couldn't afford to fly there out of his own pocket, but when he proposed a donation fund, I was happy to contribute, because it turns out respect is the only currency worth as much as that damnable British Pound and all its economic girth. I'll gladly pay to see Foxy and Glue come out if it means that the results of Evo will clearly dictate who's stronger between the US and UK players. You? Christ, I don't even know who you are. Where do you get off thinking that anyone here should pitch in even one cent towards getting you to Evo?

And lastly, the cold reality of your plight: No one gives a fuck if you're too busy with your daily life to be good at MK. If you're too busy having a life to put hard work into leveling up, absolutely NO ONE will fault you for that, but it doesn't give you any sort of claim to redeemable MK skill points. I work full time, train my ass off in both MK9 and Soul Calibur V (which, I'll have you know, I am pretty fucking good at); on top of all that, I still find the time to be a multi-instrumentalist and a damn good vocalist. Get at me.

In closing: If you aren't able to make it to Evo, you don't want it badly enough. Period.

Dude it is not random. And I already told you it'd been patched and fixed.

SCV is way more consistent that MK9. LMFAO most fighting games are WAY MORE CONSISTENT than MK9.

When MK9's inconsistencies/bugs/glitches (and I have ALREADY explained what this all is imo, in previous post) are dealt with, I'll respect it more. That's my personal issue.

I shouldn't have to "deal with it" when it "shouldn't be" in the first place. Even though I still play this got damn clusterfuck for some reason smh.
Inconsistency is an amusing complaint I see in modern fighters. I see it with Marvel as well as MK. The Joke is that despite alleged inconsistency, the same best players tend to win in every tournament.

Yes, MK - and Marvel - is inconsistent on a Micro Level....but on a Macro Level its pretty damn consistent. How is that possible? Because all of the game's issues can be overcome by a competent player.

Also, Digimon, comparing different games is always a fools errand - it's like comparing apples and oranges. Each game is different - it doesn't make it better.