What's new

$20,000 POT BONUS FROM WB FOR MK9 TOP at EVO 2012!!

@F8 Listen...the Donation Drive may not be fair. There are plenty of great players in Europe, all of whom would love to go to EVO. Everyone knows that. And not everyone can. So it may seem unfair to you that this drive was started to get Foxy and Glue to EVO.

But well, Life isn't fair. The community has limited money, and it will try and support getting EU players to EVO, but it can only do so to a certain extent. And do you expect the community to pick players whom they are unfamiliar with, or those who they've seen win and place well in EU Tourneys? You get the point.

For all we know, you're the best in the world but you just can't prove it to us. And that sucks. But there's nothing anyone can do about it, so stop bitching.

Djack

Get Up, Ge Ge Get Down!
the only major you guys have been to is RFD, which panama won, and Doku placed 4th with a week old Cyber sub zero. again, you guys didnt place well.
F8 did not play at RFD. Doku was 3rd and i was 4th. Get the facts right.
Last week i won a tourney in the Netherlands (The Netherlands is Holland btw ...).
Footage of that will be online soon normally.

Every tourney here in Belgium that i iattended i finished first.
Those things just don't come up here. So you guyst don't know bout that.

But it doesn't really matter, just wanted to make that clear.

Gonna try to go to I46, so we'll maybe see eachother there.

Not saying i can surely beat you guys, but i think i have a pretty good chance.

Just wanna test it our IRL, and i mean that in a good way.

PND_Mustard

"More stealthful than the night"
Premium Supporter
F8 did not play at RFD. Doku was 3rd and i was 4th. Get the facts right.
Last week i won a tourney in the Netherlands (The Netherlands is Holland btw ...).
Footage of that will be online soon normally.

Every tourney here in Belgium that i iattended i finished first.
Those things just don't come up here. So you guyst don't know bout that.

But it doesn't really matter, just wanted to make that clear.

Gonna try to go to I46, so we'll maybe see eachother there.

Not saying i can surely beat you guys, but i think i have a pretty good chance.

Just wanna test it our IRL, and i mean that in a good way.
ok i apologise for mixing that up.

but the netherlands tourney you won had a very small amount of competitors, i was following the thread and saw the amount of people.

you need to go where the competition is, you all had the chance to either go to the netherlands tourney or wgc, wgc being a major and the netherlands one being a local. you all chose the netherlands one to save money, but it had no where near the competition WGC did. you had the choice of either saving money, or potentially getting alot of bragging rights, you chose to save money, you cant have it both ways.

and ill give you a word of warning now, if your cage isnt equal to foxy's level, you dont stand a chance in hell of beating ANYONE here, dont mean to be blunt, but that is the cold hard fact.

fr stack

Noob's saibot or noob saibot's?

but the netherlands tourney you won had a very small amount of competitors, i was following the thread and saw the amount of people.

you need to go where the competition is, you all had the chance to either go to the netherlands tourney or wgc, wgc being a major and the netherlands one being a local. you all chose the netherlands one to save money, but it had no where near the competition WGC did. you had the choice of either saving money, or potentially getting alot of bragging rights, you chose to save money, you cant have it both ways.

and ill give you a word of warning now, if your cage isnt equal to foxy's level, you dont stand a chance in hell of beating ANYONE here, dont mean to be blunt, but that is the cold hard fact.
HYPE !!!
btw mustard wot u gonna do wit your evo winnings? :tonyt

<F8>

<Insert witty title>
F8, you want your players to get recognition, correct? well the ONLY way that is going to happen is for them to actually place at tournaments, turning up isnt enough, if you wanna be considered a top player, you have to be consistently getting top of the brackets everywhere you go, which, Djack is yet to do, and you say you dont really play it so im assuming you dont either.
I guess to fully clarify this to you one must truly detail it each and all 'til the finest point to get it through your head. Which I'm not obviously gonna waste my time any further on.

the only major you guys have been to is RFD, which panama won, and Doku placed 4th with a week old Cyber sub zero. again, you guys didnt place well.
I was there? Hey that's a new one to me pal. Safe to say you're just fishing about now.

and when you know you dont do as well as youd like to you simply cannot fall back on the 'well we have lives' card, this is the reality mate, we ALL have real lives outside MK, we dont play it for a living like you claim, its a hobby to all of us, so that is a flawed excuse which doesnt run on here.
Well sir I think I've highlighted that we all have lives too many times over the last few days, saves me the work to clarify on that once again. Cheers for that. o7

I don't do well and I fall back on the 'we all have lives' label huh? As for as I know I've pretty much been doing good when I attended tournaments and plain casuals. Go confirm it if you will. Go poke around and you'll find it, amd not just by names of players ...

Obviously I'm in it for the fun and not for the money but that must have slipped by you somewhere. Also noted that according to your very own brother and a lot of other people you need to have a name with a couple of majors on your name to be considered a respectable player. I suppose you share this opinion? I hope not.

and the reason we dont respect you if because in every post you've aimed towards us you've been a total asshole, so why the hell SHOULD we show you any manners?
Guilty as charged sir. What would it take you to admit that yourself? Considering yor own past actions if I may highlight that if we're really gonna start tossin' cards here.

now, please, be quiet and stop talking, because you're embarassing yourself.
You're not looking too bad in that outfit either my friend.

<F8>

<Insert witty title>
This is one of the worst posts I've ever seen, and I can't believe I read more than one third of it. I got ALMOST halfway before I just quickly skimmed it to confirm my suspicions that it doesn't get any better.

You already destroyed your own argument when you admitted that none of you are as "highly placed". The purpose of this fund is for Europe (more specifically the UK) to get its best representation at Evo. Foxy and Glue are being flown to Evo because alongside Ketchup and Mustard (who are already spoken for), they are THE MOST SUCCESSFUL TOURNAMENT PLAYERS IN THE UNITED KINGDOM. If you'd made the argument that you're really good and just have nothing to show for it, you would've already looked ridiculous, but you more or less implied that you AREN'T good and should get to go anyway. Why, for funsies? Why should anyone chip in for you to go? Allow me to reiterate: This fund exists so two of Europe's absolute best players can make it to Evo, so we can accurately determine which of the two scenes is stronger. If the four best UK players go up against the four best US players, the results will speak for themselves.

This entire post is still so surreal to me. Like, it's so stunningly ridiculous that I can't even believe a real person wrote this. If you want to go to Evo, either get yourself a damn job or get yourself some recognition. Glue couldn't afford to fly there out of his own pocket, but when he proposed a donation fund, I was happy to contribute, because it turns out respect is the only currency worth as much as that damnable British Pound and all its economic girth. I'll gladly pay to see Foxy and Glue come out if it means that the results of Evo will clearly dictate who's stronger between the US and UK players. You? Christ, I don't even know who you are. Where do you get off thinking that anyone here should pitch in even one cent towards getting you to Evo?

And lastly, the cold reality of your plight: No one gives a fuck if you're too busy with your daily life to be good at MK. If you're too busy having a life to put hard work into leveling up, absolutely NO ONE will fault you for that, but it doesn't give you any sort of claim to redeemable MK skill points. I work full time, train my ass off in both MK9 and Soul Calibur V (which, I'll have you know, I am pretty fucking good at); on top of all that, I still find the time to be a multi-instrumentalist and a damn good vocalist. Get at me.

In closing: If you aren't able to make it to Evo, you don't want it badly enough. Period.
And you're way off. GG.

PND_Mustard

Premium Supporter
I guess to fully clarify this to you one must truly detail it each and all 'til the finest point to get it through your head. Which I'm not obviously gonna waste my time any further on.

I was there? Hey that's a new one to me pal. Safe to say you're just fishing about now.

Well sir I think I've highlighted that we all have lives too many times over the last few days, saves me the work to clarify on that once again. Cheers for that. o7

I don't do well and I fall back on the 'we all have lives' label huh? As for as I know I've pretty much been doing good when I attended tournaments and plain casuals. Go confirm it if you will. Go poke around and you'll find it, amd not just by names of players ...

Obviously I'm in it for the fun and not for the money but that must have slipped by you somewhere. Also noted that according to your very own brother and a lot of other people you need to have a name with a couple of majors on your name to be considered a respectable player. I suppose you share this opinion? I hope not.

Guilty as charged sir. What would it take you to admit that yourself? Considering yor own past actions if I may highlight that if we're really gonna start tossin' cards here.

You're not looking too bad in that outfit either my friend.
jesus christ its like talking to a child thats grumpy because he cant get his own way, its simple, you want a donation drive? start one, you want your players to be considered top players? have them win somewhere people are watching. its that simple, all you seem interested in is arguing, which is pointless, just put up or shut up.

<F8>

<Insert witty title>
And I'll promise you if you can't get passed me you certainly aren't gonna get close to Djack. Anywho ... It's been very refreshing. Good luck on your next tournaments gentlemen, we'll get to meet, don't you worry about that. o7

<F8>

<Insert witty title>
jesus christ its like talking to a child thats grumpy because he cant get his own way, its simple, you want a donation drive? start one, you want your players to be considered top players? have them win somewhere people are watching. its that simple, all you seem interested in is arguing, which is pointless, just put up or shut up.
Wouldn't need a donation drive for myself as I've already stated it that I can easily afford this financially, but not in the sense of time which you have for it. It would make it fair for those who could not afford such a thing but you obviously have not understood one bit of what has been stated.

Good day sir.

PND_Mustard

Premium Supporter
Wouldn't need a donation drive for myself as I've already stated it that I can easily afford this financially, but not in the sense of time which you have for it. It would make it fair for those who could not afford such a thing but you obviously have not understood one bit of what has been stated.

Good day sir.
thank you, hopefully we will meet at a tournament one day.

Djack

Get Up, Ge Ge Get Down!

It can go either way. We can make a conclusion by playing, which i'm gonna try at I46.

AYSAMO

Noob
Damn it feels good to be an MK player right now.

Hopefully we get a huge influx of players. I'll see what the Arizona community can do about reaching out to new local players that might all of a sudden have an interest now.
My friend who plays on XBL is definitely going to EVO now, I've been trying to get him to come play casuals with us since last year lol.

My friend who plays on XBL is definitely going to EVO now, I've been trying to get him to come play casuals with us since last year lol.
There are about 3 other people that have expressed interest in playing within the last week. We might be able to grow our scene a little bit and have more AZ players attending tournaments for MK if we can level more players up.