What's new

$20,000 POT BONUS FROM WB FOR MK9 TOP at EVO 2012!!

Hellbringer

1 2 3 drink
whats up with ketchup and mustard keep complaining about ppl not being able to go to WCg. Not everyone had the money/time to go.Just get over it damnit its getting really old...

My overall point is, with MK being the way it is currently, no one is gonna want to watch gimmicky/flawed/*snip* or players sand bagging on the big stage at EVO just to NOT expose the game...especially so they can win that $20,000.

MK would NEVER be allowed back if that happens.
This is false. Take Marvel for example. Unlike others on this site, I actually like Marvel 3. It's a fun crazy game. It's also a game that will be at EVO this year and next year 99%.

It is definitely flawed at points and is definitely gimmicky at times. But flaws and gimmicks aren't necessarily bad - they can be extremely hype and fun for spectators and at times for players as well. An example was the DHC Glitch of Vanilla Marvel 3, which was clearly a gimmick...but looked cool and was certainly not something that would DQ the game.

boring BS
And here's the real contention. Are the gimmicks and flaws boring? I'd contest no. Input Bugs and Meter Loss glitches suck, but they don't cause the game to be boring (frustrating yes).

Resets are anything but boring (Listen to the audience when Cyrax kills someone from 80% life with a reset or kills with an unbreakable reset. It's pretty nuts). Jax's armor moves are fun as hell (BAM! BAM!, GOTCHA!, OH YEAH!, BIONIC ARM!), Smoke's reset leads to some fun (Smoke Smoke SMOKE!), etc. etc.

There are things boring in MK to people - audiences tend to get bored at things like Sub Mirror matches for example (As a former chess player who likes strategy games, I enjoy Sub Mirrors, but I'm far from the norm here), but those are things included in other fighting games.

------------
TLDR: It'd be great to get another patch/hotfix from NRS because the game still has flaws. But these aren't flaws that will prevent it from being a competitive game and that'll dq the game from EVO. Not even close.

A F0xy Grampa

Problem X Promotions
Look up the video from the Final of Belgium. I did NOT use that infinite.

Im not even gonna respond to the rest cause you feel personally attacked again.
I dont wanna screw up your damn name ... i dont even care bout that.
I just wanna get it out there that the European Finals was a 'very weird' tournament.

RFD was a major btw ... i was there.

But no worries, we will attend a major in the near future, I will see you then.
Why are you beefing so much?

WEST SIDE! UK all the way

This is false. Take Marvel for example.
The difference between Marvel and Mortal Kombat is that everyone else in the FGC hates Mortal Kombat with a passion and looks for any reason to run it down and belittle it.

Whatever bad things are in Street Fighter or MvC, the greater FGC will forgive them and always give them another chance.

I agree with garik16 and top players already know how to deal with it, they just play the game.

I bet you all eat your food with a Knife and Fork.

I think some of the tech in MK that's absurd make's it interesting and spice. I have yet to see a top player lose strictly to a broken reset. Now I'm not saying, things shouldn't be fixed, but, if you're good enough you can deal with it.

Sometimes I feel like everyone wants MK to be bland and boring. Has anyone ever seen that SpongeBob Episode where Squidward tells SpongeBob to be Normal, and he becomes this boring piece of shit of a character. That's what I envision MK being like with some of the demands that people make, it's not too broken, broken nonetheless.

Maxter

Noob
This is false. Take Marvel for example. Unlike others on this site, I actually like Marvel 3. It's a fun crazy game. It's also a game that will be at EVO this year and next year 99%.

It is definitely flawed at points and is definitely gimmicky at times. But flaws and gimmicks aren't necessarily bad - they can be extremely hype and fun for spectators and at times for players as well. An example was the DHC Glitch of Vanilla Marvel 3, which was clearly a gimmick...but looked cool and was certainly not something that would DQ the game.

And here's the real contention. Are the gimmicks and flaws boring? I'd contest no. Input Bugs and Meter Loss glitches suck, but they don't cause the game to be boring (frustrating yes).

Resets are anything but boring (Listen to the audience when Cyrax kills someone from 80% life with a reset or kills with an unbreakable reset. It's pretty nuts). Jax's armor moves are fun as hell (BAM! BAM!, GOTCHA!, OH YEAH!, BIONIC ARM!), Smoke's reset leads to some fun (Smoke Smoke SMOKE!), etc. etc.

There are things boring in MK to people - audiences tend to get bored at things like Sub Mirror matches for example (As a former chess player who likes strategy games, I enjoy Sub Mirrors, but I'm far from the norm here), but those are things included in other fighting games.

------------
TLDR: It'd be great to get another patch/hotfix from NRS because the game still has flaws. But these aren't flaws that will prevent it from being a competitive game and that'll dq the game from EVO. Not even close.
It seems that this thread became the same buff, nerf,fix this and that.
good point on you post garik, i've seen many posts bashing the game already it is like these forums are full of mere kids mostly, i never hear anyone at tourneys complaining about all the flaws the game has, and it is always the same crew talking about the same issues on the game, only person i always listen at tourneys complaining about a bug is Tom Brady, no offense tom, but i'm sick and tired you always lose to the input bug, we all deal with it and we never blame it on this, there is a timing so it doesnt happen i can help you with that.
i understand this game needs some fixes but still is a competitive game and is very balanced, bugs should go definetely, but dont say those large damage combos are not hype at all and make the game look bad, most of these combos are situational at high level competition, people love it and the crowd goes crazy when cyrax makes a comeback like that, Jax, smoke, Quanchi, etc.
i don't know why instead of celebrating that WB once again is putting their hand into the game we have people here asking for the same changes in the game, we need fixes, we all know it, but the game is still pretty good and we all the ones who compete don't complaint as much as people who does on these forums.
we've got to love what we have, if we don't give love to a game is when the game die,
people who said in the crowd that this game sux are capcom [ban incoming] mostly, ive been about to punch some in the face, but i cant degrade myself to their level, this will make me the same or worse than these idiots, lets not become ignorants of what others think about this game, this is still a hell of a fun game to play and we as a community are the ones ruining it talking crap negatively about it so much, NRS already knows the issues that need fix, and if they can't fix it lets play the game as it is and keep the community alive.

STFU COMPLAINNING ABOUT THE GAME, PEOPLE ARE GETTING TIRED OF LISTENING THE SAME B.S

The difference between Marvel and Mortal Kombat is that everyone else in the FGC hates Mortal Kombat with a passion and looks for any reason to run it down and belittle it.

Whatever bad things are in Street Fighter or MvC, the greater FGC will forgive them and always give them another chance.
Or not? Seriously, stop with the Capcom persecution complex here people. The FGC doesn't HATE MK. The Capcom players may find it different and not their thing, the same way they think of Tekken/Soul-Calibur. Okay, fine, that's not a problem.

And if you think the FGC Forgives people for "bad things" in Capcom games, you haven't seen the issues with SFxT in the community.

The Capcom community doesn't not love MK because of resets and such. The one complaint you hear from their community as an excuse for not liking MK is the too frequent patching. That's it. Not anything broken. Which is sort of the opposite of what you're saying.

It seems that this thread became the same buff, nerf,fix this and that.
good point on you post garik, i've seen many posts bashing the game already it is like these forums are full of mere kids mostly, i never hear anyone at tourneys complaining about all the flaws the game has, and it is always the same crew talking about the same issues on the game, only person i always listen at tourneys complaining about a bug is Tom Brady, no offense tom, but i'm sick and tired you always lose to the input bug, we all deal with it and we never blame it on this, there is a timing so it doesnt happen i can help you with that.
i understand this game needs some fixes but still is a competitive game and is very balanced, bugs should go definetely, but dont say those large damage combos are not hype at all and make the game look bad, most of these combos are situational at high level competition, people love it and the crowd goes crazy when cyrax makes a comeback like that, Jax, smoke, Quanchi, etc.
i don't know why instead of celebrating that WB once again is putting their hand into the game we have people here asking for the same changes in the game, we need fixes, we all know it, but the game is still pretty good and we all the ones who compete don't complaint as much as people who does on these forums.
we've got to love what we have, if we don't give love to a game is when the game die,
people who said in the crowd that this game sux are capcom [ban incoming] mostly, ive been about to punch some in the face, but i cant degrade myself to their level, this will make me the same or worse than these idiots, lets not become ignorants of what others think about this game, this is still a hell of a fun game to play and we as a community are the ones ruining it talking crap negatively about it so much, NRS already knows the issues that need fix, and if they can't fix it lets play the game as it is and keep the community alive.

STFU COMPLAINNING ABOUT THE GAME, PEOPLE ARE GETTING TIRED OF LISTENING THE SAME B.S
Please don't use "[ban incoming]" as a pejorative. Thanks.

Or not? Seriously, stop with the Capcom persecution complex here people. The FGC doesn't HATE MK. The Capcom players may find it different and not their thing, the same way they think of Tekken/Soul-Calibur. Okay, fine, that's not a problem.

And if you think the FGC Forgives people for "bad things" in Capcom games, you haven't seen the issues with SFxT in the community.

The Capcom community doesn't not love MK because of resets and such. The one complaint you hear from their community as an excuse for not liking MK is the too frequent patching. That's it. Not anything broken. Which is sort of the opposite of what you're saying.
I never mentioned hate from the Capcom community specifically. I said the greater FGC. That includes all games. You hear all sorts of negative things about MK on all other FG boards - how MK is just about gore and fatalities and not a serious fighting game etc. Then when MK9 came out the complaints were about the negative edge, the lack of depth and the shitty online code.

And where did I say they forgive bad things in Capcom games? I mentioned SF and MvC specifically not all Capcom games.

Whatever obsession you have with Capcom you may want to let it go.

I never mentioned hate from the Capcom community specifically. I said the greater FGC. That includes all games. You hear all sorts of negative things about MK on all other FG boards - how MK is just about gore and fatalities and not a serious fighting game etc. Then when MK9 came out the complaints were about the negative edge, the lack of depth and the shitty online code.

And where did I say they forgive bad things in Capcom games? I mentioned SF and MvC specifically not all Capcom games.

Whatever obsession you have with Capcom you may want to let it go.
Dude, when you mention SF and MVC, you're implying "Capcom Community." and excluding SFxT because it doesn't fit your thesis is hilarious.

Dude, when you mention SF and MVC, you're implying "Capcom Community." and excluding SFxT because it doesn't fit your thesis is hilarious.
You sound like MKF telling people what they think and mean. I never mentioned SFxT and I never implied the Capcom community. Stop putting your own twisted meanings into what people say.

I mentioned SF and MvC specifically because they are the top 2 most popular games in fighting tournaments and people will make allowances for them and keep giving them more chances when they fuck up. The same can't be said of MK.

Many people were looking for MK to fail before it came out and the moment it showed faults they abandoned it with a 'See I told you it would be crap' attitude.

Go onto non Capcom fighting game boards and you can read to this day the negative things people say about MK.

Eddy Wang

Skarlet scientist
Holy Shit, 20,000 its a lot of money here, now i want to come too but i will have to fight all TYM first:( if i want to get to the top 8

Juggs

Lose without excuses
Lead Moderator
Premium Supporter
Or not? Seriously, stop with the Capcom persecution complex here people. The FGC doesn't HATE MK.
Most of them actually do hate it, you can see it everywhere. A lot of them also think there's only like 10 good players, and the rest of the players who enter tournaments are scrubs or pot monsters. That's not my subjective view of how it is, I've not only heard them say it in person, but many of them have made tweets or posts about that. Since almost the same players are making top 8, they think everyone else are scrubs. But they dismiss the fact that that's how it was back in the day.

Maxter

Noob
Please don't use "[ban incoming]" as a pejorative. Thanks.
Sorry if i offended anyone. I'm not homophobic or anything, i shoudl have found a diff word to describe these folks lol, i'm jsut tired of seeing people saying this game sux without even trying it="Hate" i will never say SF, mvc or tekken sux, ive played stf4, and tekken but not mvc but i will never criticize other community's games, this is offensive for the people who play the game and love their community, ive noticed bunch of people who played the game and stopped playing it, it is because they didn't accept they got bodied and didn't want to improve and blame it on the game, now i even see perfect legend complaining about johnny cage cyrax etcon this forums wtf? even Jop who brady idolized so much trash talk the shit out of this game, and it is because the thought he was so much when actually he sux at it, i wanna see if he dares coming back and bring some hype into this.
Not all capcom players criticize this game, in fact i know some who love the hype MK brings in tourneys they just don't have time to get into it.

fuck this game...and this thread.

see you at evo.

this game needs help. that's all i'm going to say. I don't give a shit about $20, 000 from a company that can't even make a good fighting game. -__-

accept it or not. i honestly couldn't care less.

I strongly dislike LOSING to fucking gimmicks and random bugs/glitches (not to mention the most retarded match ups EVER). when I should be losing to the player 100% of the time. smh.

Krayzie

Co-founder
Founder
Sorry if i offended anyone. I'm not homophobic or anything, i shoudl have found a diff word to describe these folks lol, i'm jsut tired of seeing people saying this game sux without even trying it="Hate" i will never say SF, mvc or tekken sux, ive played stf4, and tekken but not mvc but i will never criticize other community's games, this is offensive for the people who play the game and love their community, ive noticed bunch of people who played the game and stopped playing it, it is because they didn't accept they got bodied and didn't want to improve and blame it on the game, now i even see perfect legend complaining about johnny cage cyrax etcon this forums wtf? even Jop who brady idolized so much trash talk the shit out of this game, and it is because the thought he was so much when actually he sux at it, i wanna see if he dares coming back and bring some hype into this.
Not all capcom players criticize this game, in fact i know some who love the hype MK brings in tourneys they just don't have time to get into it.
I'm training one as we speak. :)

A lot of people love MK. But the hate almost always overshadows.

Haters gonna hate.

Most of them actually do hate it, you can see it everywhere. A lot of them also think there's only like 10 good players, and the rest of the players who enter tournaments are scrubs or pot monsters. That's not my subjective view of how it is, I've not only heard them say it in person, but many of them have made tweets or posts about that. Since almost the same players are making top 8, they think everyone else are scrubs. But they dismiss the fact that that's how it was back in the day.
I'm glad you mentioned this. Those people are idiots.

This topic was actually discussed in the opening of the D4 Cast. It's great that MK doesn't rack in big numbers, because the competition is always strong at every tourney. When we get 80-150 entrants almost all of them are skilled in some way. So, to be consistently winning in highly competitive events where it looks like 'MK' only has 10 players, it's kind of good.

Where as the sea of SF/MvC people entering at tournaments a good majority are probably scrubs that just enter just because it's the most popular offline FG.

80-150 people in MK, nearly all of them are good and a handful of Scrubs.

200-1000 people for Capcom games, like all of them are scrubs and 80-100 are good.

Z-911-Z

Bone and Metal
We're hated in the FGC because we're different. Our game is western made, easy to pick up and play, and instead of shoto clones we have a shitload of ninjas.

Frankly those last two are a heavy preference for me, at least ninjas have a swag to them and have entirely different move-sets outside of the 2D MKs when they shared a lot of normals.

We also had to drudge through a drought of non-tourney viable games during the PS2/GCN/Xbox era, but I'm pretty sure MK wasn't taken seriously by other FGC players even during the UMK3 time. I guess other players just ignorantly think that MK is nothing but pointless gore with no thought process.

But yeah, haters gonna hate. Capcom's been getting worse lately anyway, while everyone else is getting better.

see you at evo.

this game needs help. that's all i'm going to say. I don't give a shit about $20, 000 from a company that can't even make a good fighting game. -__-
accept it or not. i honestly can care less.
I strongly dislike LOSING to fucking gimmicks and random bugs/glitches (not to mention the most retarded match ups EVER). when I should be losing to the player 100% of the time. smh.
Well this is a different argument sir. But in all honesty you're probably better off making NRS aware of these errors for MK10 when it comes probably in 2014.

OJuggernaut said:
Eh, I disagree as to the extent of this ("Most") but it's irrelevant. Those that are disinclined to hate the game from the start will hate the game regardless of whether things are fixed.

As I stated before, the bugs are there. The game is far from perfect. But it's fun, competitive, and not boring, and will do well for a while to come. A Patch is NOT needed prior to EVO, and if they can't get a patch out by mid-May, it'd kind of be more annoying to have a patch than not to have one.

A F0xy Grampa

Problem X Promotions

see you at evo.

accept it or not. i honestly can care less.

Tell me, which random bugs/glitches are you losing to? There are only 2 inconsistencies I see with this game

1. Input bug
2. 'Random' frame advantage, (but I'm sure theres a reason for this, probably for the input bug too)

You pick Sheeva and Jade right? As well as KL.

In all honesty, atm you're not a top player but to my understanding you dont play this game as your first right?

So how are you gonna be able to tell us that this game has absolutely retarded matchups when you dont play your characters to their fullest potential. Whereas Boysx3 did with Sheeva & Jade, dunno where hes gone though.

UFG does with KL and arguably with Jade and Sheeva too.

Most things that people call 'random' in this game are actually consistent when you look at them PROPERLY

sub_on_dubs

Online Scrub Lord
I definitely think they should do a hotfix simply for the reason that I don't want people to look at this game and say to themselves "Damn, this game is hella broken". Gotta get rid of the resets.